Gandhi, you jerk!

I think we should change research to Currency (the extra trade route in each city will bring in about 8 gold per turn) then Code of Law so we can get courthouses and lay down some ancient style justice in Calcuta and Bombay where maintenace is already 3 each.

For next city I was thinking of the gold/rice location. Rice kinda sucks, but gold on a river will give us 8 commerce!

Other than that a couple more workers and axemen so we can expand beyond the choke point or into those islands.

Switched research to Currency, Code of Laws

100 BC: Library in Delhi – start Temple, Settler in Bombay – start Worker

75 BC: Shankara the prophet discovers Theology, Christianity founded in Bombay, Christian Missionary sent to Delhi, Temple in Delhi - start Apostolic Palace.

50 BC: Vijayanagara (Indian for rice/gold city) founded.

25 BC: Vijayanagara’s citizens complete orientation workshop and begin work boat. (We’ll have trading partners soon, lets get our resources set up.)

1 AD: Speaking of that our boat makes contact with Hammurabi the sad sack of Babylon (They have discovered Judaism and spread it all around so rather than waste our missionary on these lost souls I just let him out to streach his legs while the boat takes a quick peek further north.) Lighthouse in New Dehli – resume Barracks

25 AD: All espionage focused on Hammurabi so we can see his demographics.

50 AD: Worker in Bombay – start Axe.

75 AD: Discover Currency - start Code of Laws.

100 AD: Barracks in New Dehli – start Archer.

Gilgamesh is so far behind there are few good deals except we might just want to sell Meditation for gold.

Hammurabi is about equal but no good deals yet. (If we make some more contacts soon we can clean up by trading Theology around.)

But we can get wine from Hammurabi for cows. Now that’s a great deal!

I was thinking that Calcutta build a settler after the barracks while New Dehli and Bombay build some troops (maybe even another exploring galley) and we start expanding south. I was thinking of settling on the coast near that river and getting copper, banana and fish.

Is it just me or is our continent thick with copper and Iron, I wonder if that means the rest of the world will be left wanting?

Here is what we look like now. Apastolic palace due in 13 turns.

pretty decent turns. So Hammurabi is hiding in a continent all by himself i assume. It would be nice if you provided a picture showing his continents.

Also congrats on your 2000th post

It is possible for him to be on the same continent I guess, but I think that would be a very unusual map.

BTW LastOne, it's your move.

Nice progress :goodjob:
If we want a quick diplo victory, after CoL we can beeline to Optics and spread Buddhism to everyone.

Sorry for the wait, i'm playing right now, I don't think Diplo victory is likely. But i'm happy to give it a shot.

BTW posting a roster would be helpful in knowing who's turn it is.

Before turn: I noticed you didn't finish your last turn. :confused: I decide to scout Hammurabi's island a bit with our budhist missionary. Trade meditation to Gilga for all of his gold, Trade Hammy Alphabet for Monarchy, Adopt Heridatory rule, Trade Hammy Cow for Wine. Did some MM to gain 1 gold per turn, and grow one turn faster in new delhi for the cost of losing a turn of production in New Delhi. (we need to grow that city)

Turn 1: I meet hammy's exploring workboat

Turn 2: Further scouting proves Hammy is on a different continent.

Turn 3: You know that awesome production city i built and named "new delhi"?

Well after we discovered a certein resource at one of it's mines, it just got sweeter!!!

Turn 4: Nada

Turn 5: Christanity has spread into Vijayvanagara... We spot a new island. Whatever we were researching before ends, and i start math.

Turn 6: Nada. That mystery island has all desert tiles as far as we know...

Turn 7: Nada.

Turn 8: Nada

Turn 9: Math finishes i start Compass.

Turn 10: Abvsalutely nothing.

Babylon's Land:

Notice the small distance from Babylon and our continent... I outlined it in yellow.
Scouted islands:

From the little we know about those islands, they look decent enough to settle.

Save comming shortly.

Turn order:
1889 (recuperating)
TheLastOne36 (just Played)
negyvenketo (up)
njorls (waiting)

Got it, will play this evening. Cities on remote continent are quite expensive in BtS, but we can build a colony up there. The new civ will vote for us at AP resolutions. We should grab more land on our continent with the help of Courts and Forb.Pal.

^^^ Yes agreed. We have to settle those islands and turn them to colonies if we want to win a diplo victory.

Njorls actually it's 7 commerce :D

AP built:

And the 1st resolution

Our new city

Gilga is expanding, too. I started another settler to grab gold/wheat/cow (choke 2)

A :smoke: I lost the exploring missionary to a barb :wallbash: but later I stole a barb worker :lol: I never did before

After fighting with a barb warrior got an event

Another barb cities

Have a settler here, next player can found the city if it's OK place for you.

Research: Optics -> Calendar (we need the :) in the capital) -> MC
Do we need the GL? Hammurabi is already has Aesthetics ...
CS for chain irrigation?

Magellan joined us. Trade mission to Hammurabi?

Started a few courthouses, the Forbidden Palace could help our economy.

The save

Got it, haven't checked the save, will play and post tonight.

That looks like a good spot for our next city, will let us settle the icy frozen south.

Calendar looks good for the happy. Not sure why you want MC over CS (forges + gold?)

A trade mission seems like a good thing to do with an early great merchant. If anyone else has other ideas please post.

Great Library: It's nice, but I don't like to slow build wonders unless they're a core part of our strategy. In this game we're jerks, not geniuses.

Top Bottom