Gary's Poser Unit Creation Thread and Workshop

My next unit is going to be a request by EricA. He wanted a German sentry with a guardhouse. I'm not sure quite how to do the unit as the guarhouse is going to be kind of big I think. But here are two samples.

Here is a pic of how the smaller guardhouse will look in game beside other units.

Spoiler :

NOTE: For the different directions I would keep the guardhouse and gate stationary in the same place and simply have the soldier rotate to shoot in different directions.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

You must re-position the guardhouse or/and the barricade that way ,that it is possible for the guard to operate the barricade from the inside of the guardhouse. Just think of it`s raining.

You must re-position the guardhouse or/and the barricade that way ,that it is possible for the guard to operate the barricade from the inside of the guardhouse. Just think of it`s raining.

The guard won't operate the gate. I may have the gate raise by itself for the fidget or something but other than that there is no reason to open the gate. The gate and guardhouse are basically stationary background props and the soldier will do all the moving. The soldier will have Attack, Death, Default, Fidget, Fortify and Victory animations but no Run animation. The unit is supposed to be immobile.

EDIT: As far as the position of the guardhouse, I have the guardhouse offset a little in the background so that the soldier can rotate his gun around and fire in different directions without bumping into the guardhouse.

Looking good. I would make the helmet a bit darker. And I know it doesn't matter at civ scale, but he should have the French-style "Adrian" helmet, which the Japanese used up until the end of the 1930s. Not the typical Japanese Helmet of the '40s.

Very nice! Just a small critic: I don't know if it is becase of the magenta background, but the neck looks a bit strange... Like if a "border" was missing

It's just the color of the scarf or whatever he's wearing next to the magenta.

Top Bottom