Gay High School...

Bose

Antipodean
Link...

I guess my only problem with this is that it has a back of the bus kinda mentality. Separation just isn't a good thing in my book...

does this mean people can willfully open "straight" high schools? or "Black" high schools? possible even "white bathrooms"?

segregation in purple sheeps clothing.

Here we go again, Going back to the 1960's with different races going to 2 separate schools :rolleyes:. Did Martin Luther King made that Civil Rights Movement to End that?

I am appalled, disgusted, appalled and did I mention horrified.
This is a dreadful idea. I can't believe this is happening. In a so called civilised society children should be treated better. Such a ghetto should not be allowed.

Originally posted by Ohwell
I don't think its a good idea either, seperation is a recipe for disaster.

You can say that again ohwell. I dont want to see the mess the 1960's Civil Rights movement has caused with all the Law Enforces Beeting African-Americans.

Creating these so called "Gay" schools is just going backwards. Only this time the different groups are Hetero and Homo groups.

Well, it's purpose seems to be so that the gay kids who get picked on don't have to worry about that anymore. Not exactly an "appalling" and "disgusting" idea, but it might be better to try to stop the violence/picking-on rather than creating a buffer. Not that that'd be an easy task.

And I noticed that one of their specialties is going to be computer tech. Hmm, I'm interested in computers. Does that mean I'm gay? :crazyeye:

Edit: And to those saying this is going back to the 60's: Um, no. Not until we start forcing gays into one system of schools and straights into another.

i have to admit around here if your gay you will probably get picked on as a kid, mabey not beaten up. Should we have to pay for schools like this(ie with our tax dollars) No we have public schools for the public, if they don't like it then have their parents pay for there education at a gay school

Hmm ... confused. Is being homosexual a prequisite? What if a formerly homosexual student there changed his/her mind during enrollment? Would s/he be allowed to stay?

Shocking.
As a side note: it seems to be set up as a homosexual institute for homosexuals. So the ones who we feel should be blocking segregation are promoting it. Will non-gays be allowed in?

On this topic I was watching University Challenge today (can't remember if that's it's name). One of the sides was The Women's Institute. What do they do for women that can't be done elsewhere? Are males allowed join?

EDIT: What happens if someone tries to set up The Men's Institute?

EDIT:EDIT: Or, more to the nub of the matter, The Heterosexuals Institute?

EDIT:EDIT:EDIT: Say a local eminant politician opposed the idea. Would he be slated by the minorities and 'I'm liberal and afraid to stand on the toes of minorities' groups for being 'anti-[insert minority here]'?

EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:EDIT: (Last time, I swear). When I say 'I'm liberal and afraid to stand on the toes of minorities' what I do of course mean is the PC brigade who think they're liberal.

Although one thing I just thought of is that anti-gay people might think of this school as a prime target for destruction, vandalism, etc.. In a way, it could indeed be like the 60's, with all the black church bombings and stuff. They're doing this to avoid social distress, but in the end the opposite might come true.

Originally posted by Baleog
Will non-gays be allowed in?
Well, I can't exactly imagine any non-gays waiting in line to attend this school. The school dances would be pretty awkward. ;)

Im sorry, I just see this as an incredible irony that hetero schools would never be allowed and would cause a public uproar. yet homosexual schools are allowed and in some cases; encouraged.

Well if its funded privately and is a private school, why stop em? Sounds like a pretty stupid idea to begin with, but its not like you don't live in a world of all girls schools and all boys schools.

I don't think its a good idea either, seperation is a recipe for disaster.

...and sometimes forcing people to be together for the sake of integration or taking away from others for the sake of political correctness has some nasty side effects as well.

Originally posted by Immortal
Im sorry, I just see this as an incredible irony that hetero schools would never be allowed and would cause a public uproar. yet homosexual schools are allowed and in some cases; encouraged.
There's two reasons for that:

1. I don't know of anybody that's picked on for being straight. Not much of a reason for a straight-only school (besides the one in #2).

2. A hetero-only school might be viewed as bad because a likely reason for it would be that the people there are against gays. There's not too much of a worry about the gays at the gay-only school being against straights.

If you see irony in this, you're generalizing the comparison too much.

I just had another different thought. being gay is a sexual preference. and all these are highschoolers i imagine from 14-18 year olds are there. That sounds like to me that they're trying to encourage sex between there classmates which are minors or only 18. I thought they were only supposed to teach abstinance in schools.

this is just my confused thought process

I just had another different thought. being gay is a sexual preference. and all these are highschoolers i imagine from 14-18 year olds are there. That sounds like to me that they're trying to encourage sex between there classmates which are minors or only 18. I thought they were only supposed to teach abstinance in schools.

this is just my confused thought process

Aside from the stapling condoms to plamphlet jokes... thats been one of the major issues these days. Theres been a push by members of the gay community to teach homosexuality as an acceptable lifestyle. Thats possibly one of the reasons for such a school.

Top Bottom