1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gedemo's civilizations

my civs for civ 6

1. Nicocolithophoride

Nicocolithophoride Chieftain

Hi Gedemo,

Hope you enjoy the confinement and the sun (depending where you are).

1) Rapa Nui Civ is not working neither. Like Morokko there is a link to internet on the Civ description on the Civ game. I did some print screen here attached to help you. Both civ have the same problem and maybe is the reason of the same crash. Hope you can figure it out because either Morocco and Rapa Nui seem great :D

2) Mochica : I did a print screen too in order to show you that for every sort of writting, art, music, relic, artefact you gain the bonus (gold and science) which is not what it is written in the description of the Civ. It is written for relic, artefac and art only. For me it is not a problem to let the bonus that way because it is not unbalanced at all, but maybe adapting the text will clarify for the gamers. Not an emergency :)

3) Macuina : whales are not always next to this civ so the bonus related to whales does not work in every party game... the name of this trait for this civ is Salmon Harvest, so maybe you can give this bonus to fish ? For the special building "fumoir" why should it be absolutely next to rivers ? For me there is no olbigation even if it replaces the lumbermill. You could if you want do like Roymata which has the "tamtam" that replaces the lumbermill and can be built also in cities not localted next to rivers. It is just an idea because your cities won't be always next to rivers, above all in island maps where rivers are rare. If no change, the gamer will have to choose between +2 housing on the coast or the fish bonus when next to the river... both conditions will not be frequent. The rest of the civ is great and not unbalanced for me.

I have tested and read some city states. I prefer to comment them in your city state post. I think it will be a better way to structure analysis in this forum ?
    Have a nice evening

Attached Files:

2. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

HI, I don't think that the link is what causes the crash (c'est un truc descriptif avec le pouce d'évaluation qui clignote sur la page de steam, the other civs don't have it because I added this image later),. I don't know what it could be...like for Morocco, it works well for me.
    But because I don't know why, I 've deleted the link in the description "juste au cas où". Tell me if it still crashes?

3. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

4. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

Hi, I started to take a closer look at your remarks.
    - First, I strengthened the Rapanui a little bit, because they were a bit weak at the start of the game. I added culture per turn before their first city was founded, as well as a free builder (like Kupe des Maori). the single building is available earlier (masonry instead of construction) with +3 loyalty instead of +2.

- Update 15/04/20 Lady of Cao/Mochica: I clarified the description for the Great Works of Arts a bit. I checked for the free promotion of the single unit (see the last screenshot on the steam page of the civ).
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1544400973

more generally, about the starting locations:
    It should be known that the preferences of starting location are written in the code of the civ. These are preferences, which means that if there are a lot of civs who have the same, or that the tiles are rare on the map (like snow), we can end up with an Inuit civ in the middle of the jungle. This is the difficulty with polar or desert civs which are too specialized in relation to the terrain.
    So I can confirm that the Mochica have a preferential starting location for the desert, and that the Nenets will prefer snow and tundra, if interesting locations are available on the map.

- Update 16/04/20 Nuu Chah Nulth/Macuina: now fish give also a bonus like the whales. i fixed the food bonus. Now the smokehouse doesn't require an adjacent river to be built.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1538811042

- Update 18/04/20 Chachapoya/Guaman: Guaman now gets a free relic when a city is built adjacent to mountain (after the capital). Purunmachu has now only 3 slots instead of 4, and +2 housing instead of 3. Purunmachus do not replace Sewer anymore.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1240697642
    I will continue to answer you later as I take your comments into account

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  5. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

6. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

Update 19/04/20: Ramses II - The tourism bonus has been reduced from 5 to 3 per district (it was 3 in the pedia but it was 5 in the code) and now it only becomes effective with the discovery of Natural History (quite logically the civic that gives the Archeologist)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1646913892

Update 19/04/20: Hatshepsut - No more useless Trader spam. Instead of that, Hatshepsut receives +2 additional Trade Route Capacity with the discovery of Foreign Trade

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1498962973

Update 20/04/20: Yanomami - 4 Trade route capacities instead of 2. free trader appear after Foreign Trade. Shabono doesn't replace Sewer anymore and has 1 housing instead of 2. +33% production Ranged units of ancient and classical era

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1343988076

Update 23/04/20: several updates on description texts (improvements, traits...) in alternative leaders that have changed with XP2

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  7. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

8. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

9. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

10. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  11. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

12. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

13. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

14. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

15. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

16. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

17. AGAST

AGAST Chieftain

Mrci pour Timurids Gedemo! Tres bien fait. J'ai voulu un peu plus de representation de l'asie centrale car la carte est assez vide dans ce partie du monde. Avez vous pense a creer d'autres civilisations d'ici comme les Sogdia? Merci encore :)

Moderator Action: Please provide an English language translation as required by the forum rules. Thanks. leif

Thank you for Timurids Gedemo! Very well done. I wanted a little more representation of central Asia because the map is quite empty in this part of the world. Have you thought of creating other civilizations from here like the Sogdia? thanks again. :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  18. Eretas

Eretas Chieftain

As a thank to Gedemo, I translated the french post from Nicocolithophoride.
    Google is my friend...

Hi Gedemo, Hi Gedemo,
    (I saw you speak FR in one post. I don't have the courage to translate everything right now. I apologize for that. Maybe later in a second post).
    I have tested in recent weeks with my friends several of the non-European civilizations that you have put on steam. I share with you our comments for the civilizations we have tested:
    1) Mochica: The ability to never decrease the population when a colonist is produced is great. "Mono oriented" cultural victory with the originality of quickly grabbing illustrious artists. Very pleasant civilization to play except in the case where it is next to other civilizations. Civilization is too fragile in the early game. The promotion of the special unit (improved slinger) does not appear. On the other hand, this slinger moves by default more easily through the forests, ... since one arrives quickly to archer and that this special unit is not stronger than a normal slinger, it would be better to give it a little more attack to resist invasions (barbarians or other civ) or to make the archer the special unit. Otherwise, he will only have an interest in the era he brings and thus aim for the golden age. Concerning, the bonus of faith on the deserted boxes, it is probably historic with this civ, but concretely that does not bring anything since whatever the configuration tested (with hot climate for example), this civ never appears next to the deserts. In addition, a deserted space is often bad if it has no produce or food ... I would suggest strengthening it to make this effect interesting.

2 Guaman: power of the submarine to all units. It's awesome ! On the other hand the building which allows to store 4 relics seems to me disconnected from the other effects of this civ. In absolute terms, relics are difficult to obtain except with Mont St Michel, and again ... So I imagine that this is a historical fact rather than a game play. I suggest strengthening or linking this building to another effect so as to enhance this relic strategy otherwise it will have no meaning except to obtain the era bonus once and aim for a golden age. For example, getting a relic for each unit destroyed in Allied territory? Or the capacity to martyr each apostle or missionary by default, a bit like for the Khmers?

3) Ramses 2: Great the power of tourism +3 to all districts but totally unbalanced. It is an effect that is much too strong and that comes too early in the game. Indeed, in a game in normal emperor mode, I won a cultural victory in the 136th round with a total of 45 of tourism (from never seen). Impossible to the adversaries to catch up as soon as this tourism differential ... I suggest to balance this leader by making tourism of +3 possible from aviation like the sphinx.

4) Marajoara: great! No complaints :)

5) Conory: great! No complaints :)

6) Koryak: the effect of the camps is great! However, the effect related to tundras only applies on rare occasions because this civ never appears at the start of the game in the tundra and snow (even in polar climate). The effect linked to tundra and snow boxes is therefore very unattractive. This applies to the resistance to blizzard and the bonus of the single unit ... I suggest to review the bias related to the initial placement so that this civ appears in the tundra or at least close to the tundra boxes.

7) Vauli Piettomin: for me, it's unplayable. This civ does not appear in the snow or the tundra and therefore loses the little interest it had. In addition, it would be necessary to extend the power linked to the snow boxes to the tundra boxes, namely +1 of prod and +1 of faith and add other abilities to it to be playable.

8) Puréa: it is a too fragile civilization at the beginning of the game. The seaside resorts are funny but sometimes buggy. It doesn't always work. She needs a buff.

9) Roymata (Vanuatu): it should be added that all of its infrastructure is immune to volcanoes, otherwise this civ loses all of its bonuses in volcanic environments. In addition, +1 of prod on the ocean boxes, it is useless in my opinion.

10) Morocco: it is the only civilization that does not work. I even deactivate all mods to test it, it still doesn't work. Indeed, in the addition of the mods on civ, the description of the powers of the civ does not appear ... So, I could not test it. Others on steam advertise the same.

11) Taino: solo with AI it works. With multiplayer, it doesn't work. I don't think it is related to mods because all the other civs that I have tested work except Morocco. Very pleasant to play!

12) William of Orange: His personal power is too strong compared to that of Wilhelmina who will therefore be neglected. The Netherlands is already quite powerful as well. No need to strengthen them.

13) Catherine 2: Great civ. No complaints. Probably a little weaker than Pierre 1er. In addition, she was a great devotee of the philosophers of the lights (she notably received Diderot). Perhaps added a leader bonus in this regard in order to be historic and therefore more authentic?

14) Lincoln: just ok. Perhaps, it would be necessary to double the bonus of city center or to widen its effect to compete with its counterpart Roosevelt which is better.

15) Maasai: strong in early game, but it runs out of steam quickly. No complaints.

16) Hatshepsut: it would be nice if it gained a trade route rather than a trader because otherwise there is the obligation to build a commercial platform (with a market) or port (with a lighthouse) in each city. Because it often finds itself with more traders than commercial platform ... Very comparable to Cleopatra. My friend says that Hatshepsut should buy himself a personality :)

17) Marie Antoinette (France): she is good.

19. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

Thank you for this late translation. for information, we had a conversation in private messages and in French, and I responded to various elements mentioned in this message. Part of the improvement points have been taken into account and some civs have been improved, thanks to this user feedback (always appreciated).

20. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique