1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

General A New Dawn discussion

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Rezca, Mar 29, 2014.

1. nionios

nionios Prince

I think that the culture percentage on a specific tile, defines the owner of the tile.The bigger number-even by 1%- prevails but IIRC if any present civilization has got fixed borders then anybody else needs at least the double percentage to beat it.

2. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Correct, fixed borders, you need 2/3's, or double of the fixed border claimant of culture to win, and otherwise is a culture war on %'s

3. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

For me it seemed that he was talking about claiming neutral tiles.

4. Samson

Samson Deity

On a similar topic, does having tiles claimed by units when the borders expand have any effect on which tiles you get access to from culture? So for example if I claim a mined hill with a unit, when the borders expand am I more (or less) likely to get permanent control over that tile compared to if I did not have that unit there?

5. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Would make a lot of sense but as I understand things, the answer is no:

(From About realistic culture spread - how does it work?)

Samson likes this.
  6. nionios

nionios Prince

In Event log when I get the message "our agents report that tension in X city has increased after the ..." when I click on the specific message line, the map doesn't zoom in that city like other messages do. It would be very helpful to know, without searching the whole map, where that city is located. Also I AFAIK theres'no tool in the game to search for cities by their name although you could do that in older versions of Civ series.