General A New Dawn discussion

@Caymon,

We're working hard on balance & improving the AI. There is not much I think that needs to be changed to address your games, other than those two areas, which we are already working on. Glad you enjoyed the mod.

Another change which could make the game more challenging would be to remove the combat penalty (15% IIRC) for barbarian units against "civilized" units.This change could be better implemented in the later eras where the civs are generally more powerful and settled and for me there's a need for more combat challenge.

Oh man, you're right! This would really make barbarians a threat!

We should make this to depend on the difficulty: -30% at the lower level, +10% at the higher?

We should make this to depend on the difficulty: -30% at the lower level, +10% at the higher?

It sounds reasonable.I'd prefer no penalty for barbarians on noble difficulty.

oh wow... that would really make things interesting...

I'd prefer no combat penalty at all at any level, and let the difficulty level manifest through other mechanics, such as reduced AI production costs. Keep It Simple. :)

just started a new game. started at settler , 70 turns later Diety! they must know I am coming for them. MUHAAAAAAAA!

giant map, archipelago, marathon, domination (only), trying nukes for the first time in two years on 45's recommendation.

do you want saves on the save thread from this game?
Sure, thanks!

I'm mostly interested in late game but just play as usual. If you win earlier, that's OK too!

@ dbkblk, I thought you might enjoy seeing your AI at work. Quite good so far!

Attachments

• dbkblk's AI at work0000.JPG
    dbkblk's AI at work0000.JPG
    353.1 KB · Views: 127
  • here they come again!0000.jpg
    here they come again!0000.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 73
Just wanted to say Thank You to the AND Team.

JosEPh :)

@ dbkblk, I thought you might enjoy seeing your AI at work. Quite good so far!
Nice barbarian attack!
In the next update, the AI should also be more agressive using xUPT. The attack functions were not made to handle a tile limitation, so I rewrited part of it. It's not perfect, but definitely better!

It should also builds more wonders!

yes they are improving in many areas! they just beat me to a wonder a couple of turns ago! I love the aggressive behavior, they are barbarians after all.

What about the combat penalty for barbarians?Are you planning to remove it?

In fact, the barbarian penalty is already removed at higher level. Should we flatten this for all levels so?

In c2c we gave the barbarians their own trait, and buffed them that way. Giving them huge production bonuses for military and stuff.

Top Bottom