General A New Dawn discussion

I think the AI moves it's units out of cities to attack in strange ways.
First time they killed my surrounding calvary units with defenders even though my invasion stack was close by resulting in an easy grab.
Second time was even worse they took out almost all of their units to move into my territory even though I have a bunch of units surrounding the city. Maybe it's cause they had a Castle Gatehouse but I was just able to use the "support city revolt" espionage mission and invade a city that had had 2 units instead of 12.

Is there any way to modify the return of spies to the capital after a successful mission?Can that be changed to a different city?

Is there any way to modify the return of spies to the capital after a successful mission?Can that be changed to a different city?

I looked at the code and it is hard-coded at the DLL level. Theoretically, it could be done but I don't think it would be easy.

Thanks Vokarya.
Do we except any more modifications or fixes for the mod?
I also want to ask how we can tune up the effects of unhealthiness to city instability.

Thinking of trying either Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn or Caveman 2 Cosmos.
Which is better?

Thinking of trying either Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn or Caveman 2 Cosmos.
Which is better?
Chronicles of Mankind! :D

Actually it depends on your taste.

Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn is much closer to BtS. It adds a lot of new features and stuff but if you played BtS you will quickly learn how to handle them.
Motto here: The less is often more.

Caveman 2 Cosmos on the other hand adds TONS of new features and stuff (some are weird). They did wondrous things in regards of coding but for me it feels like they are just trying to add everything that ever was, will be or could be.
Motto could be: The more is better!

Chronicles of Mankind is a modmod of RoM:AND. I have added a lot of new things to the game (but far less than C2C) carefully paying attention to keep the high quality set by AND2. My focus is an empire simulator game.

So there is no better one, just one that you prefer. :)

I have just discovered Rom2 and um really happy about the new diplomatic Features.
But can the AI handle them?

I have just discovered Rom2 and um really happy about the new diplomatic Features.
But can the AI handle them?

I think the AI can handle most of the diplomacy abilities. Unit trades may be unbalanced. The AI will trade a lot of gold for a few units. I'm not sure if those are still enabled.

What are the odds of capturing an animal 4 times in a row and revealing map with tribal huts 4 times in a row also? I didn't add these or change any settings. I think it's only 5% chance to subdue animal? this was freaky.

Attachments

• 5555.png
    5555.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 92
I posted this Q in another thread, but I thought I'd try here as well.

Is there a way to set up a scenario with over 50 civs? I'm using the 100CivDLL, so I'm able to start with up to 100. Then I can do whatever I want with them in World Builder. The problem is that once I've set them up where I want them, when I open the scenario (WB) file, few to none of the civs are where I left them. I only do settlers and warrior/scouts, as I'm only interested in starting locations. They all end up piled on top of each other (literally, on the same tile), and many of them never even found a city. Alternatively, I tried to get around this by founding a single city for each civ, but, IIRC, that caused a CTD upon loading.

I just want to play a custom scenario starting at 6000 BC with 72 civs in fixed starting locations. Is such a thing possible? How?

EDIT: I should've specified that I'm using the GEM.

Last edited:
Hi i have searched this forum and the german "civ forum" but I didnt found some good stories with. RomAnd. Did anyone know whether something like that exists?

Hi i have searched this forum and the german "civ forum" but I didnt found some good stories with. RomAnd. Did anyone know whether something like that exists?
May I suggest:
The Stories & Tales subforum in general. There are a great many great stories in here, especially from years past. Don't stop at the first page.
And my own stories, these are played on RoM AND (though on older versions):
Against All Odds: The Struggles of the Noyyau
An Illustrated History of the Noyyau

@Noyyau Thanks very much.
Im In vacation so I have time to read your Story.
I have found some stories from 2010 with mod a New dawn 2 Version 2,91.

Is this far away from the actual mod? Or is still something to learn reading this old stories?

@Noyyau Thanks very much.
Im In vacation so I have time to read your Story.
I have found some stories from 2010 with mod a New dawn 2 Version 2,91.

Is this far away from the actual mod? Or is still something to learn reading this old stories?

In more than 10 years the mod has changed so much that I doubt you'd find any directly applicable gameplay strategies in a story from 2010.
Not to say you shouldn't read it anyway.

@Noyyau i started reading an illustrated history of Noyyau. Exciting to read and make me looking forward to play this mod by myself.
Today i started to play this mod but I discovered one thing: There is no icon for the Religion in the scorelist. So it is not possible to see Which civ has an Religion.
Is there a way to change this?

@Noyyau i started reading an illustrated history of Noyyau. Exciting to read and make me looking forward to play this mod by myself.
Today i started to play this mod but I discovered one thing: There is no icon for the Religion in the scorelist. So it is not possible to see Which civ has an Religion.
Is there a way to change this?

Have a look into the BUG settings, there is a tab where you can customize the scoreboard.

I know about that Tab. But unfortunately no option for religion information.
There is a patch for it somewhere. I' e been playing the last month or two with the icons. Don't ask me which version I got or what patch. I dunno. But if you look around, there's a fix somewhere.

I know about that Tab. But unfortunately no option for religion information.
Do you have steam Civ4? Than revert it back to non-steam version. It's labeled alpha or beta or something. (I have CD version)

Top Bottom