General discussion for civics

[offtopic]

Something that might speed up installing some of them (if you didn't know about it already): https://ninite.com/
Just select what you want and it makes an installer that does them all at once for you.
Thanks for the info billw.

As of the latest SVN 11119 I have noticed that CivicHappiness and CivicPercentAnger values on Mid to late game Civics have been changed. Did pepper2000 do this? There were several like Liberalism and Nationalism that were on the edge of what I last committed several months ago. That are mid game Civics. So if pepper did not make these changes to his Later Eras Civics and to these 2 mid game Civics I have listed who did?

@raxxo2222,
Are you now the caretaker for pepper2000's work?

As of the latest SVN 11119 I have noticed that CivicHappiness and CivicPercentAnger values on Mid to late game Civics have been changed. Did pepper2000 do this? There were several like Liberalism and Nationalism that were on the edge of what I last committed several months ago. That are mid game Civics. So if pepper did not make these changes to his Later Eras Civics and to these 2 mid game Civics I have listed who did?

@raxxo2222,
Are you now the caretaker for pepper2000's work?
@Toffer90 changed these things recently.
It was on SVN 11116, so after V40.1 release.
Earliest civic added by pepper was Recycling at Atomic era.
There were some future civics before pepper added more of them.

I did some cleanup and fixing in his module.
For example fixing missing TXT_KEYS, or fixing building/unit/improvement/worker build requirements.
That is nothing should be unlocked by tech, before it can be theoretically done at earliest (like worker action unlocked before worker (on same map category)).
Also there was disconnect between some early space content (Moon/Mars terrains and some space units/worker builds/improvements are in base mod).
I fixed it recently. Constructor Ship now fills those gaps.
@pepper2000 is currently too busy for modding - I'm not even sure if he ever comes back to modding.
Last thing he did was at end of April according to SVN logs.

Last edited:
Yeah, I made some change to what CivicPercentAnger actually does, so I tweaked the values a bit for some civics the way it made sense with the new and more useful meaning I gave the tag.

Don't know why I may have changed any values for CivicHappiness, perhaps to synergize better with the new values I gave CivicPercentAnger .

Yeah, I made some change to what CivicPercentAnger actually does, so I tweaked the values a bit for some civics the way it made sense with the new and more useful meaning I gave the tag.

Don't know why I may have changed any values for CivicHappiness, perhaps to synergize better with the new values I gave CivicPercentAnger .

I've not done too much with peppers Civic set for his new Eras. A few adjustments where I thought a value was excessive. But that's been awhile back when I 1st started tweaking Civics.

I'm trying to keep up with the changes. But I don't spend the time in C2C testing like I did. Especially after my health issue popped up in late November. It's getting better so hopefully I'll get more done in the near future.

We will see how much a 68 yr old C2C player/modder can get done any more. The move to Git and especially the addition of billw really helped the Mod. But...I still liked the SVN way. To be realistic my time here is probably going to diminish for awhile.... we shall see what the future brings.

Just mention me and ask, if you are ever unsure of what exactly a tag, and its value, means in-game.
I'll be happy to look into it on the code side for you.

I did not make any changes to civics that existed when I started modding. Only to the newly added future era civics.

I still lurk on the forum, but yeah, probably won't mod any more.

Last edited:
why not, just wondering?? btw, Happy Birthday Joe. . .
Thanks SO. :) I got treated to a 12oz Steak and Red Velvet cake. But I can only eat a small sliver of cake now at a time. Avoiding as much sugar as possible.

why not, just wondering?? btw, Happy Birthday Joe. . .

Just way too busy with other stuff. Falling behind on paid work, wife has some medical issues, etc. etc. I've been telling myself that I will get back into modding once the crazy period passes, but I don't think it will.

Happy b-day Joe.

Thanks pepper. :)

Just way too busy with other stuff. Falling behind on paid work, wife has some medical issues, etc. etc. I've been telling myself that I will get back into modding once the crazy period passes, but I don't think it will.
The crazy always grows and never contracts. sigh. Good to see ya post at least.

I am seeing more and more need for another religion related civic. One containing the ten (need to recheck this number) various theism categories. They have minor effects on "yields and commerces" ( :food:,:science:,:hammers:,....,"espionage", education etc.) but are mostly to do with what religions are allowed as your state religion.
Thanks SO. :) I got treated to a 12oz Steak and Red Velvet cake. But I can only eat a small sliver of cake now at a time. Avoiding as much sugar as possible.
Happy belated birthday, old fella. (I have a friend who is 6 months older than me and a year older than his wife. We take great pleasure in calling him "oh ancient one". :lol:)
Everyone keeps telling me I need to eat more red meat. Doctor, dentist and now the nutritionist! I suffer from low iron.

Happy belated birthday, old fella. (I have a friend who is 6 months older than me and a year older than his wife. We take great pleasure in calling him "oh ancient one". :lol:)
Everyone keeps telling me I need to eat more red meat. Doctor, dentist and now the nutritionist! I suffer from low iron.
Thanks DH.

As for the low iron you need to be sure that you have the proper stomach PH to start the digestion process with. As you age your PH level for the stomach starts to turn from acidic to alkaline. If it is neutral or alkaline it causes the stomach lining to calcify. This is bad for digestion and also causes acid reflux because the sphincter muscle at the end of the esophagus will not close unless the stomach PH is acidic (usually lower than a PH level of 3.5). To aid older people a very simple remedy will help restore the PH levels of the stomach and stop the calcification process (and even reverse it) going on with the stomach lining. What is the remedy? A Tablespoon of Apple Cider vinegar with "mother" with a small amount of lemon or grapefruit juice taken 1st thing in the morning and again after your supper meal. This will also help with the healing process for digestion in your small intestines. "Leaky" gut is a world wide problem for "Civilized" parts of the world. And is a direct source or cause for insulin resistance in the body. Of course to correct this you have to re-establish the gut biome. Antibiotics though necessary for severe infections once taken will wreck the gut biome. So a diet that helps restore the natural gut biome is also needed to restore what was needed for proper digestion.

If you have a "big gut", you know the one that seems to never go away no matter how you cut back on sweets and carbs, then you are most likely suffering from the leaky gut syndrome. Which in turn can lead to diabetes, psoriasis, eczema, diverticulitis, and so many more health issues like low iron.

ACV regimen along with a good source of natural prebiotics as well as probiotics will do wonders in restoring gut health and all related issues that come from having a bad gut. One very good source of a pre and probiotic is sauerkraut or even eating it's source cabbage. Pickled and/or fermented vegetables will also help tremendously. And can be used to replace the mashed potatoes and other high starch vegetables that are too easily converted to blood sugar and that stress the pancreas. The Italians are famous for their Giardiniera, a mix of pickled vegetables. Which is an excellent way to help your digestion because it aids the necessary bacteria the gut must have for a Good gut biome. I make my own Giardiniera now, as well as my own Sauerkraut. I also make my own ACV with mother. These are all so very easy to do.

Al in all you can easily help yourself to get your gut back to a healthier state. Without expensive pharmecuticals that also have side effects and do not actually address the root cause of your problem(s).

Finally the Nutritionists that will tell you that eggs, butter, and even bacon are bad for you are Grossly misinformed and mis-trained. Your body needs the "fats" and fat soluble vitimans found in these foods. Eggs are a superfood. So rich in essential B vitamins and other fat soluble vitamins like vitamin D and K. Coconut oil ( MCT ) is also an essential oil for healthy gut and brain function as well just like real butter. Margarine or oleo is a concocted substitute that is poison to the body and the brain. The same for Brand name "cooking" oils like Crisco, Wesson, etc.. If an oil must be Processed to be used and can not be Pressed from it's source, then it has gone thru several chemical processes that add bleaches and catalysts to them. Your body can not process these! And they accumulate just, like mercury, in your body in your fat cells.

If the civilized world/nations would go back to eating like our ancestors of 150 yrs ago we would reduce the diseases like Heart, diabetes, and so many more to near elimination. Cancers too!

I hope this did not get too wordy. But it's something I've had to address in my own life. Information is essential, sound verifiable and effective information. And that does not always come only from our "scientific research centers".

EDIT: Great source for information:

EDIT2: Back up source, there are many. :

Last edited:
Finally the Nutritionists that will tell you that eggs, butter, and even bacon are bad for you are Grossly misinformed and mis-trained.
I got into the local government funded obesity clinic recently. They tell me that I don't have a fatty liver, much to their surprise. The nutritionist likes that I have bacon and eggs once a week (down from 4 times due to cholesterol) and three egg omelette (with bacon bits) twice a week. They still want me to eat more vegies and at least some red meat.

Notice: With the latest Save Breaking changes I will be starting New Civic test games. I will be trying to get to Medieval Era asap so that those era Civics can be tweaked, and then on to Ren Era, and beyond. Many new things to adjust to along the way. Will also try to see how well Individual Crimes correspond to Civics thru the Name changes to Civics.

Will also try to see how well Individual Crimes correspond to Civics thru the Name changes to Civics.
Ingame name of civics are unchanged, so I guess you want to keep internal names of crimes consistent with internal civic names.

I posted an Error in the Tech tree already in the Bug SVN Thread. Concerns Trackers and Chasers. Needs fixed or else Chasers become useless.

With SVN 11135 starting over on Civic testing....one more time...

NOTE: And I think I will find more "weird things" like the past few SVN versions have offered up. Hope not though as even on Noble and Normal settings with only 6-7 AI the Barbs are out of control imho. And you fight them from mid Preh era thru the early to mid Ancient era now instead of rival AI Civs. In fact the AI Civs are struggling mightily against the Stronger more virulent Barbs now on Noble and all other harder Difficulties.

Top Bottom