[RD] George Floyd and protesting while black

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure this will be settled now, like it was before.

What exactly are you trying to say? Racism is unsolvable so Blacks have to put up with being killed and imprisoned and exploited for slave labor in private prisons? The Civil Rights movement was a waste of time?

Arrest, charging, conviction and incarceration rates all beg to differ. Land ownership, avg income, avg education all beg to differe (especially since racism ended over 50 years ago!). We have been over this dozens of times but you want not to understand because it does not fit your construct.

I know you mean well but please stop feeding the racists. Frankly the amount of interest they have in this thread is creepy.

What exactly are you trying to say? Racism is unsolvable so Blacks have to put up with being killed and imprisoned and exploited for slave labor in private prisons? The Civil Rights movement was a waste of time?

Well, at least you're showing your ass.

Doesn't surprise me that you didn't get what was said. Maybe in your case you'd need to read it 100 times to get it, though it is pretty easy to follow for others.

I'll try to further simplify, but that's all I can bother with such attitudes:

-If one has to deal with reforming the police, the priority is to reform the police, not try to settle a 200 year issue NOW, while risking to not reform the police.

Don't worry, racism will be there, even if the police is reformed. Know what else will be there if the police isn't reformed due to making this a racism issue? The murderous police.

And yet here we are, reading posts like there's no hope for improvement short of civil war.

well there is likely not any hope for improvement short of civil war actually. the powers that be are so entrenched in their police state mentality that nothing short of extreme violence seems to be willing to move them. Unfortunately this is coming and I personally dread it as the end results likely are bad for the US and the rest of the planet.

Months of protest, clear demonstration of majority will on multiple topics and zero action. @Commodore could not be more right when he says we have a government who is no longer responsive to its people. How long can this last with 30 million unemployed and 10s of millions soon homeless. You are watching the slow motion failure of the USA. I'm not sure November and ensuing moves will be near enough or soon enough.

-If one has to deal with reforming the police, the priority is to reform the police, not try to settle a 200 year issue NOW, while risking to not reform the police.

Don't worry, racism will be there, even if the police is reformed. Know what else will be there if the police isn't reformed due to making this a racism issue? The murderous police.

I just don't even see how you can say this. The amount of mental gymnastics is astounding. The fact of the matter is the fight against police brutality is the latest front in the battle against racism - this is a racist issue: it's Black voices and a Black-led movement that is generating all this pressure to reform let alone abolish the police. The biggest issue with the criminal justice system is it's a racist system designed to overincarcerate Black people.

If you can't understand that, it's a goddamn great thing you have nothing to do with the solution. You're just concern trolling about how Black people fighting for freedom from police brutality will just invite more police brutality. Funnily enough that's exactly what the slavers had to say after John Brown.

You also understand nothing of US politics if you think there's some kind of opportunity to reform police short of making it about race. Revealing the racism in the system is the only way the police will be reformed, let alone abolished. It was the only way Jim Crow was killed as well, by showing the brutality police were prepared to exercise against Black folks.

I just don't even see how you can say this. The amount of mental gymnastics is astounding. The fact of the matter is the fight against police brutality is the latest front in the battle against racism - this is a racist issue: it's Black voices and a Black-led movement that is generating all this pressure to reform let alone abolish the police. The biggest issue with the criminal justice system is it's a racist system designed to overincarcerate Black people.

If you can't understand that, it's a goddamn great thing you have nothing to do with the solution. You're just concern trolling about how Black people fighting for freedom from police brutality will just invite more police brutality. Funnily enough that's exactly what the slavers had to say after John Brown.

You also understand nothing of US politics if you think there's some kind of opportunity to reform police short of making it about race. Revealing the racism in the system is the only way the police will be reformed, let alone abolished. It was the only way Jim Crow was killed as well, by showing the brutality police were prepared to exercise against Black folks.

Funny. I suppose US is so exceptional that it makes sense to present an issue as a minority one so as to have a better chance to solve it.

And yet here we are, reading posts like there's no hope for improvement short of civil war.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner folks; somebody finally getting it.

-If one has to deal with reforming the police, the priority is to reform the police, not try to settle a 200 year issue NOW, while risking to not reform the police

Link to video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator Action: Thread temporarily closed whilst we sort out reports.

Moderator Action: This thread will remain closed. Conversation may continue in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom