German SA bug?

Something else I hadn't mentioned it in this thread specifically, but you're not using strategic view in combat, right?

I do use strategic view combat at times, but am sure I didn't every time I've had this problem. Once I finish my Ottomans with the Grand Bazaar game, I will try another German one, and use the tuner.

Vanilla game bugs (cannot fix):

1. Game cache does not clear when changing mods (must manually clear the cache, see step #1 of Reporting Bugs below).
  2. Unable to detect combat in strategic view. Please use normal view for combat situations and between turns.
  3. Unable to prevent the notification of city starvation, even when the city's not starving (causes a glow on a city plus a sound effect).

The bug is the Firaxis programmer forgot to trigger an "end combat" event in strategic view, so we're unable to do anything combat-related in that view, and can't fix this bug since it's on the c++ side of things. This involves Aztec culture gain, German barbarians, Spoils of War policy, etc.

I also can't get barbarians to surrender. I used Firaxis Live Tuner and narrowed it down to this I believe.

This error only happens when running the Unofficial Patch and Thals Balance (v 70) beta

Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\DCase\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier..."]:20: attempt to call global 'Vector2' (a nil value)

Wish it would give me the full address of it so I could see if it points to a particular file. Do you have any idea what it means?

I also can't get barbarians to surrender. I used Firaxis Live Tuner and narrowed it down to this I believe.

This error only happens when running the Unofficial Patch and Thals Balance (v 70) beta

Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\DCase\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier..."]:20: attempt to call global 'Vector2' (a nil value)

Wish it would give me the full address of it so I could see if it points to a particular file. Do you have any idea what it means?

To save time, did you clear the cache and ModUserData folder before playing with 7.0 for the first time?

Yes, I cleared everything. I don't have duplicates of Thal's in the mod folder.

Alright, I took out all of my mods. I cleared my cache and moduserdata folder. I reinstalled Thals beta, no other mods.

I still get the Vector 2 error on game creation or game load.

However, the barbarians are now surrendering when I am Germany. They might have been before, but maybe I missed it since they stack at first. At one time I was getting this error which would definitely affect surrendering:

Syntax Error: [string "C:\Users\DCase\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MO..."]:78: ')' expected (to close '(' at line 77) near 'logger'
Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\DCase\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Unofficial Patch and Thals Balance (v 70)\TBC - Thals Balance Combined\Leaders\BL - General.lua.

The city view queue doesn't visually work.

These are the errors I am still getting:

Upon entering City View:
Runtime Error: [string "Assets/UI/InGame/CityView/CityView.lua"]:554: attempt to index local 'thisItemInfo' (a nil value)

Upon loading or creating game:

Both of these errors do not show up when playing the normal game without Thal's mod.

Wish it would give me the full address of it so I could see if it points to a particular file.

It does point to a specific file. Firaxis in their infinite wisdom decided to show us the entire path for errors, yet truncate the important part! :crazyeye: I wish they showed only the file name... I posted a bug report half a year ago but they haven't fixed it yet.

Vector2 is used to offset the unit-flag promotion icons. I added an include("FLuaVector") to that file, which might solve the problem on your computer with 7.0 b7. The odd thing is the file seems to run fine even without it for me.

I also noticed the City View queue bug and fixed it in 7.0 b6.

Now on to the "BL - General.lua" parenthesis error. That one's puzzling because the parenthesis seem to be set up correctly in the file. I think I used to have a bug there a few days ago, though. Could you try downloading beta build 6 and see if it works, or is that the one you already have?

Yeah, the BL - General error hasn't affected me since at least beta build 6. If it comes back I'll let you know. I'll try the new beta when it gets up and see if it solves the Vector and City View problems.

Vector 2 error is now gone (fixed).

APPCRASH every time I try to add something to the queue. Nothing is recorded in Live Tuner because of the APPCRASH. This happens with beta 7 & 8.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CivilizationV_DX11.exe
Application Version: 1.0.1.221
Application Timestamp: 4d8b697f
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.0.3.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d8a35f6
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00032800
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CivilizationV_DX11.exe
Application Version: 1.0.1.221
Application Timestamp: 4d8b697f
Fault Module Name: atidxx32.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.17.10.337
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d40a508
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00013739
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: ac86
Additional Information 2: 0dfdd44458ac5a62d7a0e9ff8c11c5bf
Additional Information 3: 65ab
Additional Information 4: af8b30771a2938cd72c45be6e14810d9

If I install the mod QueueOn after Thal's then I do not get the APPCRASH or any City View errors when messing with queues. So whatever QueueOn does seems to fix the problem. The main thing it does is always enable the queue and citizen management in City View.

Ooops, in trying to fix the problem I made it worse. :lol:

I can confirm that happens, so let me try and figure out the issue...

I found and fixed a bug, the queue should be loading properly now in beta build 9.

Alright, with beta 9 it seems to work fine. Thanks for the quick responses. ; )

Bugs like this are easy to solve because once we identify the file an error's line number refers to, it's usually simple to spot the problem. More difficult bugs are where something works on my computer but not on someone else's computer, and there's no clear error messages... no way for me to do testing in that case. :crazyeye:

Alright, I'm back to not getting barbarians to surrender on death as Germany. I've tried starting a new game with only Thal's 7 11 beta to no avail.

I'm not getting any errors in Live Tuner.

I'm going to cut out my mod folder and delete cache and moduserdata and reinstall vanilla Thal's 7 11 beta (as I do change a few things) to test and make sure it works like that.

Than I'm going to try to figure out why it seemingly doesn't work with the few tweaks I do.

I deleted my mods, cache & moduserdata. Reinstalled beta 11. Played game as Germany. Barbarians do not surrender.

No other mods installed.

Attached is my savegame.

Attachments

• dc.Civ5Save
    273.9 KB · Views: 53
Beta 12 doesn't fix the barbarian surrender problem. And barbarians have desert power buff.

Thank you for the savegame, it was helpful!

I noticed you have quick combat enabled. Quick combat and strategic view both suffer the same vanilla bug: Firaxis forgot to run the "combat ended" event in those circumstances, so we have no way to detect combat as modders. This is a bug we're unable to fix without access to the c++. To prevent this just use normal combat options.

I'll add this information to the 'reporting bugs' thread. :)

Wow, that's ridiculous. Quick combat is the only way I can play the game if I ever want to have a war.

The normal battle animations take forever. Anyway to speed it up?

Wow, that's ridiculous. Quick combat is the only way I can play the game if I ever want to have a war.

The normal battle animations take forever. Anyway to speed it up?

No

Can you switch to QC once the game becomes more unit-heavy (by which time the barbs are mostly gone)?

Top Bottom