German SG II: The Second Reich!

Ohwell, pls go on ahead. I have already played for another SG and won't be touching my home comp for 24 hrs. ;) Figure you'll want some time alone with the Panzers. :D Have fun!

Originally posted by joespaniel
Yes, everyone should have some "quality time" with their panzers. :lol:

OK, Ohwell is up. Destroy Japan and Rome!:hammer:

Plans being executed sir! Red and Green will run through the seas! :mwaha:

I am playing right now... I might play 20 turns this time, a rarity for me.

I might even abandom the artillery and launch a blitzkrieg, but If it doesn't work out it will have to be slow and painful... :mwaha:

Well, I was going to play 20 turns... but...

DOMINATION VICTORY!!!

:D It was all working for me. If I had 5 more turns India would have been crushed.

Turn 1- Nagoya Rebels, we take it back. Izumo Captured, Tokyo Captured, Rome Captured. Novgorod Razed.

Turn 2- Kagoshima Captured! Tokugawa executed, Japanese Armed Resistance ceases. Neapolis siezed, we get a leader.

Turn 3- Our bright minds discover how to reach the stars, and aim to improve current electronics with "computers". Dussledorf builds the UN, and we decline Election Holding. Cumae is attacked and siezed! Roman Parliament is Jailed, Rome is no more. Troops, using a ROP with India, go near Indian Cities near New Germany. Transports unload, and far-off New German cities send their infantry to India. We are Planning for a suprise attack.

Turn 4- German Forces storm across border! Indian Cities fall like flies! All of the Indian cities not on islands are captured with few casualties on our part. The last stronghold is the Main Island itself.

Turn 5- Transports load up Large military force to assault India, but upon hearing that INIDA SURRENDERS... they celebrate!

Our victory happened on Turn 5, Bismarck is a Lion-Heart! Our score is 2592!!!!

The turn before:

Panzers.:love:

I think we beat the score in the first German game and the Roman game, too.

Originally posted by Ohwell
How about a third Reich anyone? ;)

Good job Ohwell!!! You have mastered the art of blitzkrieg!
[DARTH VADER VOICE] I taught you well, OB1! [/DARTH VADER VOICE]
:lol:

As for the 3rd German SG, it will be called "King of Prussia", and it will be a modified scenario. Germany will be "Prussia" and new civs like Poland, Austria and Denmark will be our foes.

I have to work out the mod first, but I should have it up by Monday or Tuesday and we can start! :goodjob:

Monarch, continents, 80%ocean, temperate, 12 civs.

As for the 3rd German SG, it will be called "King of Prussia", and it will be a modified scenario. Germany will be "Prussia" and new civs like Poland, Austria and Denmark will be our foes.
I have to work out the mod first, but I should have it up by Monday or Tuesday and we can start! :goodjob:
Monarch, continents, 80%ocean, temperate, 12 civs.

Oohh.... (Drool running down)

Oh do I! Poland will fall... Austria shall be our great friends... and England shall die! The saxons will be our first target!

Sounds very very very fun... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ohwell is confirmed. :goodjob:

Some of the other civs:

Spain
Sweden
The Dutch
England
Russia
France

Oh yeah, Prussia will have a new unique unit also... :eek:

I suppose you can count me in too. Seems like I do nothing but play SGs after work these days.... :rolleyes: :D

I'm intrigued by your mod. Will it modified our norm Civ3 game files (for normal SP play)?

KD - A modified scenario will work without any alteration of the mod.bic (in other words, it doesnt change any other games you play), but I dont know if you can download and play a scenario.

I would like to test it. I will post a trial version here, and you can download it and see if the changes carry through.

KD - A modified scenario will work without any alteration of the mod.bic (in other words, it doesnt change any other games you play), but I dont know if you can download and play a scenario.
You mean as in like a normal saved file? And I just download it and then load it up and play as per normal?

I'm getting confused..... :crazyeyes

KD - Download, unzip and play this like normal, and tell me what you see.
Very funny. I'm at 'work' you know. :p

Will try in 6 hours' time or so. Or maybe someone else can volunteer to be the guinea pig. :)

I knew you were going to say that, but its OK.

IT WORKS!!! :mwaha:

The attachment will convey all changes to a scenario game!
I tested it myself, after removing the scenario from my files, and loading it as a regular saved game.

We will be able to play as normal.

EDIT: One problem. No unique units. :(
I cant change those, or the leader heads.

Give me a couple days to work it out. :)

Are you gonna create a UU for each of the European nation in the game?

What's the Prussian UU? Let me guess - it's some kind of riflemen right?

How many civs will there be in the mod in total?

Originally posted by Knight-Dragon
What's the Prussian UU? Let me guess - it's some kind of riflemen right?

Wrong. Teutonic Knight was going to be the one. :p ;)

Heres the problem:

I cant change the unit graphics. That would take alot of work and its beyond my capability.

All I can change is names (tribes, cities etc.).

The leader heads can be changed, but not for a scenario. It would require a mod.bic alteration, and thats no good.

Disabling the UUs would kind of suck, so Im trying to work around it.
Perhaps some tribes will be different, but Poles with Samurai would be stupid :crazyeyes, so I have to experiment for a little bit first. :D

I'll have more tomorow, its bedtime now. G'night!:sleep:

Now that I think about it - were the Teutonic Knights ever part of the official Prussian military? :confused:

I have always thought they were one of militant orders, formed fr part of the Crusaders in the Holy Land. Like the Templar Knights. Later they went to East Europe and occupied parts of Poland, the Baltic states etc. I think they were later overthrown by the Poles. Gone before Prussia came about.

But I could be wrong... :)

The UU for the Poles would be the winged hussar. During the Middle Ages, they were one of the strongest kingdoms in Europe. Their army was mostly composed of cavalrymen, with their signature winged helmets. The Polish cavalrymen were the reason why the Ottomans were thrown out of Central Europe.

You are correct, The Knights were not. Neither were panzers.
The Prussians would have an infantry or artillery UU most likely.

However, for game purposes, it doesnt matter because I cant change units in a workable SG format.

I'll see what I can do about making some new civs, but you'll have to talk to Ghandi's head when making contact with Duke Ferdinand of Austria. :lol:

Kind of lame, isnt it? :rolleyes:
Especially the no UUs part.
I may have to rethink this...

Top Bottom