Give me 18, but not on Earth - new PBEM

Ruff you're awesome!
Once I got to my laptop and realized I send the turn to bj I sent it to the special account, apologies if I was the hold up, I very much want to see this game CONTINUE

Hmm ... did you send it to 'pbem dot giveme18 at gmail dot com'? I can't seem to see it.

But ... BUT (!!!) I did find 1320 that BJ played and sent in.

Have I mentioned that I hate gmail conversation mode? Once I turned it off, the BJ email jumped out at me.

I have now forwarded it to Imp Knoedel to play.

Ah... I played the BJ turn and retired him to AI and then sent back to the gmail box with "Holy" in the title.

Doesnt matter to me whether I play BJ moving forward or not... he has 1 city and is about to die anyway. If it gets back around to BJ and he's still alive I'll go in and retire him on the condition that the human players attacking him just finish him off and don't vassal him.

I guess I'm playing myself and one other civ too... both of us not looking too pretty!

I may appoint Ruff as the new admin for this game if ya'll are going to knock me out!

Hard to tell if the turn was auto forwarded. Guess only Imp Kno knows. @Imp ... play either turn ... don't think it makes much difference.

It looks like Imp Kno just played the turn. It appears that gmail processed the email correctly. Tracker is still kaput. Can we post here for a little bit until that tracker gets its act together?

Alright ... tracker is working. I had to give it the full name 'Give Me 18, but not on Earth' for it to work.

Let the nagging commence ...

This is a tracker for Give_me_18,_but_not_on_Earth

It's year AD-1320
Bashsheba / ZootHornRollo has the save.
0 hours 47 minutes passed since the save has been handed on.

It uses the 'from' email to work out who the next player is. As Nighthawk is playing 3 civs at the moment, it might be a little confused when he sends in one of his saves.

Hmm ... did you send it to 'pbem dot giveme18 at gmail dot com'? I can't seem to see it.

But ... BUT (!!!) I did find 1320 that BJ played and sent in.

Have I mentioned that I hate gmail conversation mode? Once I turned it off, the BJ email jumped out at me.

I have now forwarded it to Imp Knoedel to play.

I've been out of the loop for a bit, how does this automailer/tracker work?

Send the save to the address above and it gets forwarded to the next player?

Yes. I've created a gmail account as per above and set up 'filters'. It notes who sent it and applies the appropriate filter to send it to the next player. There is also some php software running than can look into the gmail account and give you info on the last save it got.

Yes! Played my turn and emailed it to gmail tracker (Majic). I would be happy to send him email directly as well, if someone tells me his email address.

Yes! Played my turn and emailed it to gmail tracker (Majic). I would be happy to send him email directly as well, if someone tells me his email address.

Nighthawk is currently playing Majic's Mali. I believe he has a bunch of cities ... should we look for a replacement?

Players still alive in turn order ...

1) Sitting Bull of the Native Americans - Nighthawk419 / Night Hawk
2) Wang Kon of Korea - Michkov / Dangun Wanggeom
3) Shaka of Zulu - Eclipse4449 / Eclipse
4) Willem van Oranje of the Dutch - bjarkekr (AI ... someone kill him!)
5) Charlemagne of Holy Rome - Imperator Kneodel /
6) Huyana Capac of Inca - Bathsheba666 / ZootHornRollo
7) Darius of Persia - Chasbolt / Tigranes (in transition)
8) Mansa Musa of Mali - Majic (currently played by Nighthawk)
9) Montezuma of Aztec - sinimusta / Lu Thor
10) Zara Yaqob of Ethiopia - Ruff.Hi / Ruffster John

Is my name of 'Bashsheba' on your tracker page some kind of freudian slip ?

No. Aren't you zoot? Wait ... oh 's' instead of 't' ... hee hee, I see. I'll get that fixed.

bathsheba666 said:
Currently trying to figure out how to send it :)

I guess you did that. Email it to the GiveMe18 gmail account and the gmail filters will send it to the next player.

Nighthawk is currently playing Majic's Mali. I believe he has a bunch of cities ... should we look for a replacement?

Perhaps the player with weakest civ can play 2 weak civs?

This is a tracker for Give_me_18,_but_not_on_Earth

It's year AD-1320
NightHawk has the save.
45 hours 10 minutes passed since the save has been handed on.

Sent latest turn on to Luthor via give me 18 email addy and directly to Luthor... I'm still not exactly sure how this works and with me playing at least 2 civs, i know it will get confused.

as an FYI Tigranes, I am pretty weak with both Majic's and my own civs. I'm currently being invaded by Luthor with an advanced army and I see that Zoot will be doing the same with majic soon.

Tracker worked out who should have it but I don't think the filter worked. I forwarded to sinimusta manually. See email for some info re how to send emails (Nighthawk only).

I have the game. But I am unable to play until Thur afternoon. It is good that this game is up and running again.

gps on to Korea via the tracker email account. The poor Native Americans are not long for this world, boo hoo. Sinimusta is ruthless and won't accept my capitulation! Just let me live in my very first PBEM as a poor vassal, come on man!

Top Bottom