1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GMR Into The Renaissance

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by EEE_BOY, Sep 14, 2012.

1. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

If we're doing speech of the year awards, this one beats my missives easily to claim the 2013 title :p

2. RStark

RStark Prince

@Heinage
    We had to reject the Khan's proposal. Otherwise swedish soldiers would have spilled their blood in vain while taking part in the conquest of Byzantium and seizing byzantine cities on Black Sea. Gustavus requests the mongols to make more reasonable demand. :please:

3. Foffaren

Foffaren King

It seems as if the spaniards showed their true colours at last.

4. BlueCollar

BlueCollar Warlord

Inquisition. Keep your heretics out of my lands. I already told you once. The Holy Roman Empress does not repeat herself.

5. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Far away from the gibraltar, the Ayyubids may only offer our Muslim Arab some financial assistance. Ask for anything you need to repel the arrogant Spaniards.

6. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

*solemnly strides forward and beckons a small troupe of wassailers to set up in a corner of the room*

On behalf of the peoples of my ever expanding dominions, I, ruler of Britain, Wales and heir to the throne of the Normans, bids all of the entire Christian family (as well as the heretics I suppose...there is a theme of hope and mercy at this time of year...even for them...) a Merry Christenmas!

:xmastree: As for my gift.....I present to you the Lumina Wassailers!:xmastree:

===

In all honesty folks, its been great playing with all of you this year, and may everyone have a wonderful holiday and a successful 2014! As for the music, is really interesting stuff, had a blast trying to find a proper recording set, and the one above is really soothing. Do tell me if you listen to it =)

:xmascheers:

7. RStark

RStark Prince

Gustavus Adolhpus and his army were not pleased to meet Christenmas in the wilderness outside of Constantinopole.
    The swedish troops were too exhausted from an incredibly long march and constant warring on Balkans, so Gustavus had to order his army temporarily to relieve the siege of the byzantine capital and retreat from its walls. Those dromons became a real nightmare for besiegers.
    Now the swedes have been slowly recovering their casualties.
    King of Sweden requests Sultan of the Ayyubids to send him some military help for seizure of Constantinopole. We are ready to pay the Sultan 300 pieces of gold for five Mandekalu Cavalry attacks on the city walls within two turns.

8. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Our Mandekalus have their own missions and will not be bribed by the corrupted gold.:nono:

9. sh3baproject

sh3baproject Warlord

lulz this is so funny and this thread is a good read to. why isnt this a story :O

10. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

Hail to The Lion of the North and the Holy Catholic Monarchy! The ruler of Britain, Wales and heir to the throne of the Normans notes with considerable fury the manner in which both of you have been treated by the heathens! We should hope that these experiences will draw us Catholics closer together. Or so I pray...*thumbs my rosary* :worship:

===

Who says it isn't!

11. RStark

RStark Prince

@EEE BOY
    You should understand that if Constantinopole doesn't fall then Byzantium will become a painful thorn on the ass in a while. Byzantine cheap and powerful dromons are going to endanger both swedish and muslim coastal cities at Anatolia and Balcan penincula.
    Destruction of Byzantium will be beneficial for both muslims and the Swedes.
    Constantinopole can be captured without significant losses only if the city is attacked by both the Ayyubids from the east and the swedish army from the west at the same time.

12. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

The bigger question is: who is going to rule Constantinople after it falls?

13. RStark

RStark Prince

Gustavus suggests that he should rule Constantinople after the city falls because of two reasons:
    1) Sweden has lost too many soldiers in the march to the byzantine capital. We lost nearly one unit of Classical Era per turn after the fall of Adrianople: about 7-8 military units in total.
    2) Even if Constantinople becomes the domain of Sweden, the Swedes will not be able to grow into dominant power in the region of Balcans and Anatolia. Because Gustavus is on the edge of war against Mongolia, and it's rather difficult for him to send ground or naval reinforcements from main swedish lands on the Baltic Sea.

14. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

*grabs bag of roasted chestnuts*

Convincing argument....except I highly doubt the heretical Salah ad-Din intends to be known for his generosity.

15. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

:lol: we can only laugh at these arguments, which only show your incompetency and greed.

We've warned you that Sweden should accept Khan's generous offer, which you foolishly rejected.

Now the table has shifted and Sweden should back off to their land of Scandinavia and never return to Baltic Sea. Withdraw your army from Constantinople or you will lose both wars and your homeland.

16. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

*knocks politely*

Happy New Year All. Sorry to interrupt the always enjoyable trading of barbs, but might we turn the turn timer back to 3 days sometime soon? Thanks.

17. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Ok:) will do it when I get back

18. RStark

RStark Prince

Once Gustavus Adolphus woke up in the middle of the night with terrible understanding that he made a huge mistake when he decided to conquer Byzantium...
    The king of Sweden has been living among Orthodox Christians from Greece and Bulgaria for nearly two years. He watched for his recenly gained subjects carefully and fully realized that populace of Orthodox Christians don't differ much from inhabitants of Sweden in their religious rituals and traditions.
    Orthodox or Catholic - all of us are christians! Byzantine people are not heathens! Did he or his soldiers have any divine right to enslave, plunder, rape and murder other Christians by the name of the Lord?! Gustavus should try to correct a horrible injustice done to Byzantium otherwise he is never forgiven for his sins before the God...
    A swedish diplomat was sent to the byzantine court in the next morning. A peace deal was proposed and signed between Empress Theodora and King of Sweden.
    Countless hordes of infidels have been approaching Europe from the southeast. They pose a tremendous threat to the entire Christian world. So diplomats of Byzantium and Sweden have been conducting further negotiations on necessary steps to be taken...

19. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

The Masters of the Joint Conclave bid the King of Sweden and Emperor of Byzantium all the best in their Holy Crusade! :)

20. RStark

RStark Prince

The king of Sweden would like to annouce that a new alliance was formed! Theodora of Byzantium and Gustavus Adolphus have agreed upon to provide each other military support in order to stop the advance of muslim hordes to the lands of Christian Europe.
    Gustavus demands from Sultans of the Ayyubids and the Turks to cease all hostilities against Byzantium and give back Theodora the cities which were previously under control of the Byzantines. Dare you defy my demands, you see the wrath of the northern warriors! :borg: