GMR Into The Renaissance

Have you returned your conquered cities to Byzantium? If not, on what moral ground you are able to make such demand?

Edit: it seems you change side and mind so quickly that it is wise to not trust you in the first place. (nothing personal, actually I like your tactics and surprise in every game :D have to prepare for your betrayal )

Not sure if i choose the correct word, 'utilitarianism' is probably best word to describe your playstyle. :rolleyes:

I have returned one of two conquered cities to Byzantium. :)

Gustavus realized that Sultan of Ayyubids pretended to be Sweden's ally. Meanwhile the arabian ruler persuaded newly made Khan of Mongolia to attack the Swedes on Balkan peninsula.
Salah ad-Din please confess that you wanted the byzantine greeks, swedes and mongolians to kill and weaken each other. You had been waiting for the finest hour when you would be able to take us all out with a single strike of your cavalry. ;)
But your vicious plan didn't work out :nono:

PS Gustavus Adolphus is blessed by God to save lands of the Christendom from upcoming hordes of the infidels! We need to choose a faithful, brave and pious person as the next emperor of Holy Roman Empire! Vote for King of Sweden! :hatsoff:

Mongolia has been amassing troops on the border with Sweden. It seems that the war is inevitable. So Gustavus has decided to make a preemptive strike and ordered to attack keshiks which were on reconnaissance mission.
The first keshik was slaughtered, and the second one was surrounded and soon would perish. If the Khan sends a peace deal without any demands on his turn, then the keshik survived will remain alive...

Meanwhile the Swedes were tempted to honour the new alliance with Byzantium and DoWed the Ayyubids.

The Almohads do not trade with infidels. We urge all our righteous brothers to put an embargo against the unholy "king" of Sweden. If you want whales you will have to find them somewhere else!

The Almohads do not trade with infidels. We urge all our righteous brothers to put an embargo against the unholy "king" of Sweden. If you want whales you will have to find them somewhere else!

How dare you call the King of Sweden's religion unholy?! He shall stand among the righteous at the close of the last day - the same of which will never be said of you and your accursed brethren!

So, if you happen to need whales, and have a spare luxury to trade, then we have a deal.

To show our contempt of the infidels, we, Turks, have renamed the holy city: NOTCHRISTIAN, to prove that there is only one religion under the sun.

Glory to Allah!

You should see the enormous armies gathered by the Turks and the Ayyubids in Anatolia. When Constantinopole falls (and it certainly falls despite all efforts of the Byzantine and Swedes), all those savage infidels will swarm into Crhistian Europe and bring a lot of suffering and destruction.

Gustavus Adolphus begs the leaders of Christendom to cease all hostilities among each other and unite our forces against the infidels until it is too late... :sad:

I would not be to quick to trust the word of Gustavus. You have already seen how swiftly he will switch allegiances when the outcome is no longer in his favour.
Who is he to say that our faithful brothers wont stop once they know their borders are safe. We, the sons of Allah are a peaceful people and want nothing more than to study, trade and explore the world.
We reach out to all those who may not belive as we do but still belive in the good of man. The pagans, the orthodox, the many religions of the far east, you can see how the catholics fight each other and everyone around them. If you let them drag you in to their wars you will fall from grace, just like them.
We urge you. Make a stand, take up arms, defend your lands or even better. Show them by example, stay friendly, stay diplomatic. The pen is mightier than the sword!

The ruling council in Marrakech denounces King Gustavus Adolphus. The world must know of your devious and dishonourable ways.

Meanwhile the arabian ruler persuaded newly made Khan of Mongolia to attack the Swedes on Balkan peninsula

Any suggestion that the Khan can be persuaded to do anything is to spit on the yurt of my ancestor's spirits.

Your people will suffer greatly for the unjust threats, insults, and slaying of men under my command.

Study the oxen cart wheel closely, as you will soon find yourself strapped to one while I personally sever your ugly head from your body.

I take what is mine by rights.

Any suggestion that the Khan can be persuaded to do anything is to spit on the yurt of my ancestor's spirits.

Your people will suffer greatly for the unjust threats, insults, and slaying of men under my command.

Study the oxen wheel closely, as you will soon find yourself strapped to one while I personally sever your ugly head from your body.

I take what is mine by rights.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Yep. Turn are slow but that is mostly due to the huge number of players.

Or that the infidels are scared to play their turn... :p

Yep. Turn are slow but that is mostly due to the huge number of players.

Or that the infidels are scared to play their turn... :p

Scared? Why should they be scared, when even believers in the one true religion fall pray to the serpentine speech of the destructive desert 'traders'!

They declare war against our partners in the Joint Conclave, the Celts.

They viciously attack the Byzantines instead of making peaceful accords.

....and now, most dangerously of all, they manage to convince the Austrians that European squabbles require the interference of heretical forces, as they have just forged a Declaration of Friendship.

This is a grave threat to the security of the continent. If the Austrians do not immediately renounce their heretical association, then it will be time to seek the guidance of the Holy Father as to what we need to do to purge these heathen thoughts from our midst...

Constantinople indeed proves to be a death trap. Sweden now claims to be the No. 1 in military after heavy loss of our cavalry forces.

Turkish brother: we should increase naval pressure from the south side. We will gift to you a few ships from the south and could you safely bring them near the frontline of Constantinople? but please group them and wait for coordinated attacks?

West Africa is rich in gold and incense and we have no problem funding our own war against Spain aswell as sending financial aid to the eastern front.

The mountain folk in the land of Austria can expect our traders to arrive shortly. Friends of Egypt and the Ottomans are friends of ours.

We are also investing heavily in a navy. Those ships will be put to good use!

A small garrison of Constantinople with assistance of handful but brave norsemen managed to halt a tremendous swarm of infidels!
However the Mongols have seized one of two swedish cities on the coast of Black Sea. The second city will also fall soon. The number of casualties among pious christian soldiers has been growing from day to day. Unfortunately the reinforcements will barely arrive in time. So the Romans and Swedes won't be able to hold the wall of the byzantine capital for a long time...

This picture is outdated. The yellow calvary forces die in half after two turns.

Top Bottom