God damn this game is good

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the Civ V fans for once...Let them enthuse about the game in peace. This thread does not need the negativity. You guys are making us look bad. Post gripes about the game elsewhere, please.

Wait, I'm still confused about KingYosef's post way back on page one... why was he trolling himself?

Seriously, though, why would you quote only the title of the OP's thread and not his initial, multi-paragraphed argument, post a quote about fools saying stuff for the sake of saying stuff, *full stop*... then add absolutely nothing to the thread? No counter-arguments, no constructive criticism, nothing.

Can we give this man a slow-clap? I'll start: Clap

Edit (so this post won't warrant its own slow-clap): Quick addition to my earlier props-for-scenarios post. Scenarios in Civ games have always been the biggest draw for me. Most of the time, random maps just don't cut it; something about them eventually feels somewhat bland. Give me a specific scenario (real-world or fictitious), however, and I'm hooked; I'll probably play every single angle and never get bored. The same holds for mods: if they don't have their own pre-placed maps, chances are I won't like them as much. CIV Gold, for instance, is a fantastically expansive mod adding 40+ (or something) civs to CIV. However, it doesn't have its own scenarios packaged with the mod. To get the most enjoyment out of it, I had to make my own little scenarios. Fortunately, JEELEN made a few of his scenarios CIV Gold-ified, so more enjoyment was had. Does anyone else find scenarios to be the most enjoyable part of Civ games?

10 bucks says this guy is working for Fraxis.

Or maybe people just like the game?

Nah. That couldn't be. I mean, people always have the exact same tastes in games. Right? That's why every person on this forum likes Civilization 4, and hates Civ Revolutions, right?

Wait, what's that? You're telling me not everyone liked Civ4 or hated CivRev? That can't be. That's too unreal. Every person who posts in favor of CiV must be a paid poster. Because we know that the company that laid off a lot of workers before release is rolling in cash to pay random posters to post in favor of a game. Let's face it. Given the vast number of people not buying the DLC, the company that had to lay off workers must be rolling in cash made off of the small amount of DLC money. Can't be anything else. It's absolutly insane to think that people like a game because in a world where there isn't even a set of universal morals, there is a universal hatred to a game. We, as gamers, ascend that. We're above that. I mean, that's why Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is so popular on this forum, right? After all, it's one of the best selling games in the gaming industry. Millions bought the $15 DLC that came out a few months later making it the best selling DLC on the first day of release in its history.

So, everyone hates Civilizatation 5 as a game and anyone who comes out and says they like it is a paid employee of Firaxis. By extension, everyone loves Call of Duty as a series of games because that's why everyone keeps buying them, right? I mean, they sold much better than Civ5 or 4.

Or maybe people just like the game?

Nah. That couldn't be. I mean, people always have the exact same tastes in games. Right? That's why every person on this forum likes Civilization 4, and hates Civ Revolutions, right?

Wait, what's that? You're telling me not everyone liked Civ4 or hated CivRev? That can't be. That's too unreal. Every person who posts in favor of CiV must be a paid poster. Because we know that the company that laid off a lot of workers before release is rolling in cash to pay random posters to post in favor of a game. Let's face it. Given the vast number of people not buying the DLC, the company that had to lay off workers must be rolling in cash made off of the small amount of DLC money. Can't be anything else. It's absolutly insane to think that people like a game because in a world where there isn't even a set of universal morals, there is a universal hatred to a game. We, as gamers, ascend that. We're above that. I mean, that's why Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is so popular on this forum, right? After all, it's one of the best selling games in the gaming industry. Millions bought the $15 DLC that came out a few months later making it the best selling DLC on the first day of release in its history.

So, everyone hates Civilizatation 5 as a game and anyone who comes out and says they like it is a paid employee of Firaxis. By extension, everyone loves Call of Duty as a series of games because that's why everyone keeps buying them, right? I mean, they sold much better than Civ5 or 4.

10 bucks says this guy has a desk across from the other Fraxis guy. ;)

Moderator Action: See my warning in your post above. ;)
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Heh, now I've been accused of getting paid by both Valve and Fireaxis because I don't hate Steam or CiV. I still haven't seen a single f-ing check.

Oh, and if ash was referring to the OP: yeah, HE gets paid off by Fireaxis. You should see the way he lords it over everyone else who likes CiV but isn't on the payroll. :p

edit: Sonereal doesn't get paid either, but he's close, oh is he close. I'm still at the bottom of the damned waiting list and he gets fast-tracked to working as Sid's unpaid groundskeeper, which EVERYBODY knows is just a stones throw away from full Fireaxian employment. Man, some guys get all the luck...

No! I keep trying to talk to HR, but they just send me to Lumberg, who send me back to HR, etc etc. It's pretty damned frustrating.

No! I keep trying to talk to HR, but they just send me to Lumberg, who send me back to HR, etc etc. It's pretty damned frustrating.

Luxemburg!?

I got redirected to a call center in India. After talking to a nice fellow named Abraham, my first check came in the mail a month ago.

Lol, "Lumberg" is a reference to the movie Office Space, but I'll definitely try to get in touch with this Abraham fellow. :p

edit: before we forget about KingYosef's slow-clap... Clap Clap

Roxlimn wrote:
This thread is about how the game is good. I like it quite excellently myself. People who don't like the game can post about their sentiments in the proper locations.
:rotfl: Spoken by the man, who never lets a oppertunity pass, to tell others why THEY are wrong and CIV 5 is a great game; EVERYWHERE, including the "improper locations" , by his own standards :crazyeye:

I see your spelling has improved since last night. Did you sober up? :beer:

:rotfl: Spoken by the man, who never lets a oppertunity pass, to tell others why THEY are wrong and CIV 5 is a great game; EVERYWHERE, including the "improper locations" , by his own standards :crazyeye:

Let me break it down for you. You don't like the game. It's as simple as that. That doesn't mean that the game is "missing entire phases/functions/accessories"...this is a complete exaggeration.

Some folks--myself included--love the game.

Nothing wrong with loving the game. I myself can't fall in love with an incomplete game. I'm glad your enjoying the intense awesome air war! I'm sure you add your own plane noises too when you get into those game changing dog fights. You probably pound the table in frustration as you imagine enemy bombers smashing your cities! I guess I was wrong in that the air campaign was missing as it seems it's alive and well in your head.

Bandit 17:

"I think Civ V is bad because it's a computer game."

That is essentially what you've written here. It's neither useful, nor constructive, and it's not positive. The title is that the game is good. We should stick to that theme, I think. There is absolutely no reason why you ought to persist in negativity in this thread when you can do that in so many other threads. Let us put that down now. I will no longer discuss this.

You should work for a propaganda group! Nice job twisting anything I say into what you want. Try using real quotes next time please.

Never judge a book by it's cover. The title is a marketing tool to grab your attention. It may or may not have anything to do with the subject matter there within. Which is why you must read the book or in this case the thread in order to grasp the material and construct an informed critique of said material.

That's why you play a civ game? For realistic airplane noises? If that's your priority, there's probably better game series for you out there.

Nothing wrong with loving the game. I myself can't fall in love with an incomplete game. I'm glad your enjoying the intense awesome air war! I'm sure you add your own plane noises too when you get into those game changing dog fights. You probably pound the table in frustration as you imagine enemy bombers smashing your cities! I guess I was wrong in that the air campaign was missing as it seems it's alive and well in your head.

That's why you play a civ game? For realistic airplane noises? If that's your priority, there's probably better game series for you out there.

I think he was being sarcastic and pointing out the fact that there are no real air campaigns in Civ5.

Were there good air campaigns in IV? Planes in Civ have always been pretty abstract.

I think he was being sarcastic and pointing out the fact that there are no real air campaigns in Civ5.

Were there good air campaigns in IV? Planes in Civ have always been pretty abstract.

The AI in Civ4 actually built planes though. I've yet to see the AI in Civ5 do it unless its their UU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom