1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

God damn this game is good

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Luckystrike77, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

To be fair, even though the AI build fighters in Civ4 and used them to decent effect, I think that if the AI in Civ5 did use fighters and bombers, difficulty would increase greatly just from that.

2. Bandit17

Bandit17 Warlord

In cIV my bombers/fighters would meet enemy ai fighter patrols all the time. The weakness of cIV air campaign was along offensive lines. The air war in ciV is missing completely (minus Japan's UU which I have yet to see but hear it's there). If your message to Firaxis is that civ players do not care for an air war than I cannot agree with you.

3. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

I completely agree. Like you, I'll always retain a special fond memory for Civ II, but this *is* an exciting new version of the game, doing away with some of the more annoying perversities of Civ IV (which was a good game for all that, of course). Religion as applied, for example; it almost wrecked diplomacy. And like you, I am so happy that the asinine tech trading is finally gone, after four previous versions of the game. If I enjoy the game as much as I do now, just think of what another couple of patches and some tweaks will do!

4. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

Don't be disingenuous. If you truly haven't seen any any of the innumerable hate posts against Civ V, I suggest *you* do a bit of reading around here. You'll find plenty of posts from people who almost make me start to dislike Civ IV although I enjoyed it in its day. Above all, I'm baffled that they don't all simply go back to the forums for Civ IV and talk to each other there about what an unsurpassable game the four is.

5. charon2112

charon2112 King

this is really just an AI problem though. It's not like the developers left planes out altogether.

6. Sonereal

True. I don't think there are enough weights on the units or something. :dunno:

But if the AI makes the AI actually use air units, the game will be very awesome. Just because I love having to fight for air supremacy.

7. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

I think you are pathetic. Honestly. Why aren't you back at the forums for Civ IV by now? You've spent weeks whining about how terrible Civ V is and trying to deprive over people of the fun, preferably by persuading them not to buy the game. The same goes for your soulmate Thormodr, whom you keep quoting.

Moderator Action: Please be civil, no need to call anyone pathetic.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

8. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

I suggest you do the rest of us a favour too. Stop posting about how much Civ V sucks and go back to playing Civ IV. I see your posts everywhere here in the Civ V forums.

9. Bandit17

Bandit17 Warlord

I agree! Now we are having a constructive argument. If the ai can be tweaked to build planes and to apply them than I would have more fun playing ciV. I love having all three phases (ground, air, water) in my strategy games. There is much to like in ciV and once these 3 elements are all implamented for the ai to use effectivly than the games value will greatly increase. The next patch is looking to address the diplomacy and the ai so hopefully the air campaign will be a part of this.

10. Moss

Moss CFC Scribe Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: A reminder to all, please discuss the content of other people's posts not the posters themselves. If this discussion does not get more on a civil track, it will be closed. Thanks. :)

11. jagdtigerciv

jagdtigerciv Prince

I agree with this.

12. ash88

ash88 Hail to the King Baby -DN

From my lawyer: "My client previously offered a bet for 10 bucks. He believed that the original poster was "working for Fraxis" based on the content of his post. Under the clarified rules my client is not permitted to talk about the poster, only the content of the post. He therefore recants his previous statement about the poster and offers a new statement in line with the forum rules, which he respects."

Betcha 10 bucks the content in the first post was written by a Firaxis employee.

From my lawyer: "Furthermore my client would like to clarify that it was never his intent to call someone a Fraxis employee as an insult. He didn't intend for it to be an insult. On the contrary my client seeks to be a Firaxis employee as well. He seeks employment responsibilities that include posting positive things about an (arguably) crappy game on these forums. He is envious of people that have that job. Please contact him directly to receive his formal application for said position."

Moderator Action: Again, assuming that someone only likes a game because they work for the company that made it is inappropriate.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

13. Sonereal

I would love to have a job where I just post nice things all the time.

"The AI not building isn't a bug! It's a feature! Go play on Deity!:mad:"

:lol:

14. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.