God loves everyone. Atheist, criminal, different religion, doesn't matter.

El_Machinae said:
You probably heard that from a sinner. People always feel their cohort is God's favourite.

No I think that God doesn't despise the sinful, but he still loves them, and is more worried for them than angry at them.

Alpine Trooper said:
I forgive God for ****ing up.

I wouldn't. His resume is awfully stacked, and if He's responsible for all the suffering I've seen, then clearly He wasn't qualified to start the project.

I think that the creator is an apathetic observer who simply wants to see how this thing called "Earth" plays out.

cody_the_genius said:
Not only does God love everyone, but he forgives everyone too.
Well not really, he may love everyone, but the christian god is only willing to forgive anyone who meets his criteria for forgiveness. He does not automatically forgive anyone. There is a significant difference.

EDIT: Welcome to OT Zoso318! :)

Alpine Trooper said:
I forgive God for ****ing up.

No no no, He didn't **** up at all, it only looks that way if we refuse to look at the whole plan from His perspective and insist that only ours is correct. In the eternal scheme of things, everything is going as planned.

Eran of Arcadia said:
No no no, He didn't **** up at all, it only looks that way if we refuse to look at the whole plan from His perspective and insist that only ours is correct. In the eternal scheme of things, everything is going as planned.

What's the plan then? You can't tell me how everything is going according to plan when you don't know what the plan is.

blackheart said:
What's the plan then? You can't tell me how everything is going according to plan when you don't know what the plan is.

Oh, I know what the plan is, or at least the basic outline, which is enough. The problem is that most people don't accept my sources as valid, which makes sense for them but also makes it harder for people to understand me.

The upshot is that to grow spiritualy, and thus to better experience joy and God's love, we need to make decisions on our own, thus free will. The flipside of free will is that inevitably some people will make bad decisions, ie evil. Also, we experience suffering that isn't the result of anyone's free will because to endure it helps us grow. So the world may seem messed up, but overall on the whole the human race benefits from it.

so your saying that the more good deeds i do i get more God Points (GP) and i eventually level up to the level required to get into heaven?

Mr. Dictator said:
so your saying that the more good deeds i do i get more God Points (GP) and i eventually level up to the level required to get into heaven?

That's not how it works. The more good you do, the more that doing good becomes part of your nature, and thus the more like God you become, thus becoming more able to accept His presence and the rewards that He wants to give everyone.

Eran of Arcadia said:
Oh, I know what the plan is, or at least the basic outline, which is enough. The problem is that most people don't accept my sources as valid, which makes sense for them but also makes it harder for people to understand me.

The upshot is that to grow spiritualy, and thus to better experience joy and God's love, we need to make decisions on our own, thus free will. The flipside of free will is that inevitably some people will make bad decisions, ie evil. Also, we experience suffering that isn't the result of anyone's free will because to endure it helps us grow. So the world may seem messed up, but overall on the whole the human race benefits from it.

How will that help improve the world though?

blackheart said:
How will that help improve the world though?

It's not about improving the "world". This life on earth is a very short phase of our total existence. We lived for a long time before we were born and we will live for a long time afterwards. So what matters most is not how well the world is doing (although that is important) but how much it is making people become better and more moral individuals. Like I said, from our perspective the 70-odd years we get seem like all there is, even for those who believe in another life; but for God it is the blink of an eye.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to argue or prove that any of the above is true based on evidence or logic; but it is what I sincerely believe.

Eran of Arcadia said:
Disclaimer: I am not trying to argue or prove that any of the above is true based on evidence or logic; but it is what I sincerely believe.
:hatsoff: .

Top Bottom