Google Take Over

general_kill

Deity
It seems like lately i've been getting the "google fever". Sometimes, I would forget what website I wanted to visit and then simply type www.google.com in the address bar and pressing enter. This has been happening with increasing frequency. I also accidently goto google when I remember where I wanted to go. If i wanted to look up a word on webster.com, I would accidently goto google.

I feel like i've been brainwashed or something, its like there is some google chip in my head telling me go there. Does this happen to anyone else?

I hear you, buddy. Since I am using Firefox, I have the Search bar up there. I mainly use for Google and Wikipedia searches. Sometimes, I use it for amazon searches as well.

I have also played around with Google Image Search, Google Groups (despite the fact I cannot stand newsgroups), Google News, Google Maps and (tried) G-Mail and Blogger. I even gone and downloaded Google Earth, I am going to try Picassa for no good reason...

So they have brainwashed to being a Google Tool. But hey; I am happy tool. I am the happiest Google Tool ever.

holy cow there is a google on my tool bar! i've used firefox for a year and never noticed that! I bet thats how they brain washed me, with that google logo there in my face all day, no wonder I'm like this. thnx for the breakthrough babbler.

Is this scary?
My homepage is Google
Besides CFC (which is in favs) I go to almost any webpage through google
I do not know any other search engine , but Google eevn though I used to some time ago
I certainly only use google to find anything
I have Google Earth installed as well as Google Moon in favs
I read Google news
I know how to say "search" in 4 languages

It hapened to me I never use any other search if I dont use a site for a while and it gose out of my recent hiatory then I just go to google. Its the only website address I know.

Yeah, because it's usually my link to other sites (although a lot of the time, I didn't need to go to google).

google gives me my homepage, news, image search, almost all new sites i visit go through google searches (unless its on my bookmarks), and i use google desktop search and google earth. Its just very simple to use, very accurate, and doesnt give me loads of other junk i dont care about like yahoo does.

I have the Google Toolbar installed. I am not particularly loyal to Google, but their MSIE add-on is simply too convenient to ignore.

You can type define:word instead of visiting Dictionary or Websters, &c. which just adds to the convenience.

Spellcheck is nice too, and voting + - for websites gives a sense of satisfaction. Google have definitely peered into my monkey brain and uncovered the key to my fickle attention.

This is why Google is, without a doubt, the greatest website of all time.

Yep. The technology is a streaming format.

CivCube said:

you can't say that...it's obviously CFC. :p

CivCube said:
I agree. Without google, we'd all be using yahoo, or god forbid, MSN search.
:eek:
Ive seen google T-shirts on sale, as well as mugs, badges and mousemats, all googlised.

farting bob said:
I agree. Without google, we'd all be using yahoo, or god forbid, MSN search.
Actually, I would be using the Scandinavian http://www.alltheweb.com but they have scaled back their services with Google expansion :sad:

There is an eastern one (run by a university) which is just like the Google web search less adverts but I forgot the URL :p

Edit: Looks like atw has been acquired by Yahoo! :cry:

Top Bottom