Got the game

Do the Swedes use a version of Caroline pike-wielding infantry in the early game?

I've not tried the Swedes, but I'd expect them to have some pikes at the beginning. GB starts with a couple of regiments on garrison duty.

I'm a bit underwhelmed... the land AI is pretty bad (but that will probably be patched) and campaign map doesn't have a tutorial.

whats the story with provinces? Is Europe seriously only made up for a few provinces?

I found the tutorial missions... they are absolutely infuriating. I keep seiging a town I have to take only to have the enemy attack me, lose, then reappear in their hometown as strong as they were before their attack.

whats the story with provinces? Is Europe seriously only made up for a few provinces?

England, France, Spain, Portugal are all one province, but further east the map is divided up a bit more. Provinces also have several towns in them, rather than just a capital city.

I found the tutorial missions... they are absolutely infuriating. I keep seiging a town I have to take only to have the enemy attack me, lose, then reappear in their hometown as strong as they were before their attack.

England, France, Spain, Portugal are all one province, but further east the map is divided up a bit more. Provinces also have several towns in them, rather than just a capital city.

Hold on a miute. So playing as Spain, you cant take territory off Portugal, only annex it? and likewise with the rest?

Got the game a bit early, installing now. :)

Got the game, but the case is just looking at me now because my computer is in bits at the minute. Gahh! :mad:

Enjoy the game, Dachs!

Ah....thats completely game-breaking. What the hell is the thinking behind that? Surely it completely ruins the game?

I agree it is ******edly stupid. However it doesn't ruin the game.

The AI is abysmally bad. I hope maybe they just made it ******ed for the Road to Independence campaign, but the French would just stand still while I pelt them with cannon fire.

Ah Jesus Christ.... thats completely game-breaking. What the hell is the thinking behind that? Surely it completely ruins the game?

Western Europe isn't really the focus of the game, so it isn't too bad.

Nope!

Initial assessment: not half bad. I'm pretty happy that they're including all this other stuff in the campaign map - a far better layout for diplomacy being one of the biggest pluses - and not being at war virtually every turn against the surrounding 'rebel' territories definitely has a much nicer feel to it. I was also much gratified to note that my classic Swedish assault on Denmark-Norway plan worked swimmingly and Norway was mine. :evil: Complaints - the advisors aren't all that helpful compared to last time around, and the AI is mediocre to bad in tactical mode from the initial war on the Danes. In any event, I'll be looking forward to playing and replaying this game a great deal as soon as my paper is done. :( :D

Hey, i don't have the game yet, but i want to know before it arrives: when the people say there is a campaign in europe, north america, and india, does that mean that there are three seperate grand capaigns, or that they are maps that are connected, so that i can send ships from europe to america and then pick up troops in america and send them to india. Just wondering from people that actually own the game.

It's three maps that are connected.

Yessss.:D:king:

But sadly Europe is even smaller than it was in M2 and Rome.
Means you don't have to walk all over hell and gone just to get to a neighboring region. Much better and closer to reality IMHO. :p

The AI is abysmally bad. I hope maybe they just made it ******ed for the Road to Independence campaign, but the French would just stand still while I pelt them with cannon fire.

It's awful.

I was seiged by the French in the Road to Independence campaign and outnumbered 3-1. I had to attack (last turn of seige), so I deployed and then immediately retreated to my fort. The French followed me, only to stop at the base of the wall and do nothing while I killed half of them with gunfire (and some rediculously loud mini cannons). Eventually I ran out of bullets so had to charge them in melee. I managed to win the melee battle, only to realise they had two units fortified up in useless granaries in the nether regions of the map.

Top Bottom