1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Got the game

Discussion in 'Total War' started by Oruc, Mar 3, 2009.

1. PhroX

PhroX Emperor

Yeah, the AI seems pretty dumb. In the RtI campaign, I had a bunch of milita on the top of a cliff and two regiments of melee indians just stood at the bottom while I shot the hell out of them. Even if they didn't want to go round to the otehr side of the hill and climb up, they had archers, but stood them further back, so they were out of range. :rolleyes:

btw, am I the only person who find the RtI narration hillariously ironic? All the stuff about freedom, then you're told to go and wipe out the indians who's only crime seems to be not giving you their land. I know it's historically accurate, but it's still damn funny.

2. Wong512

Wong512 Chieftain

Got the game today... stopped by steam... so far 2 attempts to download whatever update they need me to install =__= going to bash my head in if it doesnt work soon =__=
    too anxious to play the game and waited months, only to be stopped by a oversized dl that couldve been on the second disc that had ample space i swear... anyone else feeling my pain?

Cheers

3. stee

stee 将軍職

La festa es mio!

4. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

Nope!

5. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

Yeah, they caricatured it even more than RL, when wars with the natives were more of a give-and-take. Meh. I went through half of the RtI, got bored and started up a Prussian campaign.

Who else found it ridiculously funny that there are achievements in this game?

6. Truronian

Truronian Quite unfamiliar Retired Moderator

Nope. Just ran around at the base.

7. Shekwan

Shekwan Kim Chi Quaffing Celt

Installing now, I'm not surprised people are saying the AI sucks. Total War games have had terrible AI since RomeTW. They'll patch it soon I'd say.

Plus I usally play a mod anyways. Just have to wait 'til some genius makes one.

8. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

Oooh, good point. I should start marketing my obscene interest in the Prussian military on the TWC, see if anybody needs sources. :D

9. Drakan

Drakan Voluntas Omnia Vincit

10. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

Nope!

11. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Can't play until I sort my computer out, which could take quite a long time the way things are going. The game case is just staring at me. The pain. :ack:

12. Truronian

I attacked the AI in my game (last turn of a seige)... that's probably why the computer went all suicidal. They saw the battle as a defensive one - no need to attack my fort even though they are getting relentlessly pummeled by it.

13. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

I'm surprised it runs as well as it does on my computer! Plus I'm happy that there haven't been any crashes.

I was a little scared when I tried playing it after installing it, only to read on a forum that I should have restarted. Then it played.

14. e350tb

e350tb Stupendously Illogical Englishman

I run it on medium graphics, and it works quite well.

Haven't seen any AI stupidity in my game.

15. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Installing now, just played the demo on my new card and it worked fine on Ultra! Power gaming here I come! :evil:

16. Truronian

Trade ships are massively bugged. Out of the three I've built two are stuck (can't move them, can't merge other boats with them) in trade posts and one is in a trade post but not creating a trade route.

17. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

I had my first crash last night. Was playing the Marathas and going quite well until the Mysore's declared war on me and devastated my army.

18. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Updating this game is painfully slow... I want to play now dammit!

19. Shekwan

Shekwan Kim Chi Quaffing Celt

Tried playing as Prussia on hard, got my ass kicked by Sweden and Courland.

The battles play a lot more like Shogun or Medieval 1. It's weird and takes a bit of getting used to but I think it's a good thing.

20. stee

stee 将軍職

Has anyone gotten the problem where during cinematics the games flashes practically?