Goz11- 5CC-Deity

Preliminary log

Pre-Turn: I take it our alliances are precious and I give silk+furs for 11gpt from Korea in the spirit of keeping it up.

IT: Incas found a city, lose it and another one while being brutalised infantry vs LB. Our troops over the oil are attacked by 3 cavs, 1st dies but the other 2 take 2 of ours. I send reinforcements.

T1.
Did I tell you how much I love babooms? 2 redlined infs fall to 2 elite cavs, gain 2 workers razing. Find 6 more workers, one of which is a native of ours, wandering behind Manp'o, all are ours now (sorry if it sounds jackass, but yeah that does mean a few cavs unprotected).

T2.
Osaka is under siege now. I've left a few (8 cavs 3 infs) leaks come through the persian rails but they'll be on foot from now on. Only 2 of each are still up. The 8 workers gathered are playing hide and seek with a few cavs' cover for that matter.

IT: they unleash the dogs: a pair of snapshots.

Note the paths they take: AI's love high grounds. I say give them high grounds. We can make that hill a fortress, just underneath the infantries. With our current massive riflemen production, we'll need to think twice before attacking, but we can defend alright. So I would setup for a purely defensive war right there and hold back on the attacks. Btw, do we actually need to spend all those cavs for landing and ressource denial? Perhaps we do do, I just don't remember how agressive the deity AI is at grabbing this stuff.

Right now Persia has 3 sources of oil, minus the one we just cut. We can't go agressively towards any of them without putting the army and many cavs at risk, and I'm not ready to do that unless the chain of command says so. They have not been attacking the army even with 2 HP's off of it, which means it's way way safe to go on rambling and warmongering by Persepolis. That's more like what I'd be willing to do.

On another subject, Incas have 2 workers and we could use a little ROP help bringing the slaves back from the front. They also lack Nationalism, which is a high price to pay for 2 workers, but why not give them rifles? Muskets blow.

Not sure when I can play again before ~tue/wed, so I'll wait for input and keep the thread as animated as possible while the game is going into overdamped SG motion (too much physics lately, had to pull that joke).

I don't have much to add, other than if you put 5 units in each city they might go after another civ, since our defenses will be valued higher than the cities of another AI. Have the Koreans been knocked off the continent yet?

You might have to bring some of the cannons home to help this out. No objections to your plan, but I might be inclined to put fortresses on the hill and mountain we are already on. If they come south one more they still can't reach our city from there with cavs, though they would probably run ahead of the infantry and make easy targets.

The Inca seem weak - can't see a problem trading it at a big discount.

The main itch in my plan was the defensive thing I would have going, so if that's alright then I'll be confident to go - it ain't my save as it is anyone's, here :mischief:

Good thinking on the city filling, and of course a fortress on the mountain too, afterwards, was a no-brainer.

Where did my response go? :confused:

Ah well, I mainly agree to what you guys said already, fortresses are good stuff and defensive style is what we need right now.

Good, will grab and play it tonight most likely.

2 days have passed and I haven't had much of those aforementionned "tonights". Please consider me dead (or cryogenized, or whatever) for a few weeks.

Here's the save I was working on, it's an autosave of the turn after IIRC and I was on the task of wondering how to split troops over the 2 fronts: N and W. Sorry if I deceive anyone by withdrawing, hopefully I brought something positive, hope, beer, I dunno :confused:

What roster? :lol:

Mathias is up next, but we haven't heard anything from him in a while...

I kinda buried myself in other things... I'll see what I can do with this tonight.

If you can't take it, I'm happy to continue. It looks like one of my fav scenes. :)

Go for it, then. I'll pick it up on Friday. One thing, though... after completion of US, we should mobilize for 1-turn units in all cities.

Pre-turn: Ping a stack of units, can't kill any of them. Move some stuff around.

Sort out unhappy citizens, US in 2t.

1300AD - Manage to make 2 immediate steals, when did that ever happen before!? Take Electricity and RP, no rubber around, Persia got some 3 sources. But we can build artilleries at least, which will help a lot.

Kill some 5 cavs, losing one.

Considering a false peace with Persia, but setup an attack on Ghulaman to see if I can do some damage. Pillage some tiles here and there.

Reinforce fortresses NW and cross my fingers for the IBT.

1305AD - We lose 2 rifles and kill 2 cavs ibt.

We have our 2 first arties. :)

Build US, it's quite useless and we have to up luxes to 40% to keep cities working properly.

Assault on Ghulaman: 21 cannons hit 3 times! Almost suicide army by killing 2 infantries.
Elite cav kills last inf. and we get a leader.
Lose a cav before we can kill it, raze the city for some 200g.

RNG sucks again, 14 cannons barely scratches a small stack of inf's, can't kill any. I need to upgrade them somehow.
Then it takes 4 lost cavs to kill 11 enemy cavs, should've waited.

1310AD - Quiet ibt.

Build 5 arties, do they make a difference or what?

Kill half a dozen enemies without losses.

Rush police-station in Bangalore with the leader, so we might get more.

Build colony on dyes, it will be connected next turn.

I had to disconnect the road to the oil and the stack we have there, some 40 green infantries are around there.

1315AD - Upgrade some cannons, expensive stuff.

Got another leader, police station in Bombay.

1320AD - Not much, killing a couple of units.

1325-30AD - Not much, manage to kill a handful of Inf's, the problem now is that Persia have bombers.

On the other hand, Korea connected their second rubber and I bought it for 200g.

1335AD - Pollution muck up stuff and is a pain.

Kill 8 infantries and a guerilla, get a leader. Have no idea what to do with him?

I'm trying to figure out a safe route to Persia, the eastern side would be alright, but of course I already cut the existing roads there.

Failed another immediate steal, we better try only safe ones from now on, or we might lose our spy.

1340AD - More pollution, 3 this time. And WW is rampant now, we might consider switch gov again or neg peace. But I wait a turn or two, even if 40% luxtax is expensive.

Persia has taken care of the Incan city to the west and are heading towards us. 12 inf's shows up NW of us and another 8 near the oil. Kill 6 and will take care of the rest next turn.

Army and workers are NW of the coal and will road to Persia, so we can start doing some serious damage.

1345AD - Persian bombers are becoming a nuisance, they almost killed the army.

Kill 15 inf's and 2 cavs.

We must go on the offensive, so a small stack of infantries protect the workers so they can road the last tile near Lagash.

1350AD - Kill 14 inf's, lose 2 cavs.

Forgot about the leader, rush police station in Delhi.

Good news, the assault-route to Lagash is finished, so next player can start attacking in a few turns. First we have to clean out the units next to the oil though.

I left a couple of units with movement, so next player can see what's going on. Please move them.

Should we change gov? And should we mobilize? I didn't see the need for it during my turns, but it might be a good idea now.

Persia have 13 bombers too:

Attachments

• goz11_1350AD.SAV
    203.8 KB · Views: 82
So do we go commie? My vote is to keep up the war if we want a chance which will take a government switch. If we let up they will move closer and they will kill us with the bombers.

Since we really don't need anything else now I say mobilize would be good.

It will take some interesting deception to keep the Persian army at bay while we take out their cities.

Yikes Inca are a one city challenge.

I would like to give Mathias a shot at this. If he doesn't claim it in 48 hours, I will take the controls. Dodging bombers is going to be an interesting challenge.

My goal will be war, war and more war. Going after the cities that have not yet had border expansions first. I'll steal techs if I can but I will focus on war. Any objections speak now.

Do I have to raze a city the instant I take it? Can I keep it to speed up movement to the next city, as long as it is razed by the end of the turn? since we will be short on gold I will probably want to raze it for the extra gold, but there may be situations where it will be beneficial.

Can I use a combat settler the same way as long as it does not last past the end of the turn?

Just trying to keep options open.

lurker's comment: Normally it's always an open option to use towns for a single turn in XCC, unless mentionned otherwise specifically. Razing will give you workers too though, and that's a precious thing atm.

I put my .02 on the Incas not making it beyond the next 5-6 turns :cringe:

Sorry zerksees, only 5 cities and no 6th city even for a millisecond. :)

Just raze whatever comes in our path and the new slaves can keep up the railnet. Of course cavs have to pillage on the way too, so we only use a thin road and the enemies have to go around.

For bombers, always keep all units in a big stack, the bigger the better and after every turn the hurt ones can go home for R&R. Scattering units around is a waste.

If we can get rid of the persian towns near the saltpeter W of Lagash, we will be able to build cavs again if we manage to get a colony there.

Just for the record, I took down the persian infantry count from around 220 to under 190. The more we can reduce that number before they get tanks, the better our situation will be. :)

Bombers doesn't really worry me...yet. But if WE happen to learn how to build bombers in the near future -> Steamroll.

Sorry guys, I just don't feel up to it today. I'll be out of town tomorrow, so zerksees can go ahead with it.

Top Bottom