Goz11- 5CC-Deity

Nice option, gozpel. We can get all techs from Korea for Writing, 16gpt and 60 gold.
Also we could up science slider to 90%, and get Literature in 20 turns with 2gpt loss. AI usually don't like to research Literature early, because it is optional tech, and we may get monopoly on it and sell it around for much better offers...

Raxes were the only other option, and they're useless.
If we have horses in our territory, we must build many horsemans and then upgrade them to War Elephants ;)

Btw, I've asked about GL and 5CC, because we must know what city we will abandon (or not :mischief:) and don't build many improvements there.

We don't have to shoot for the GL.
I said that we could capture GL, not self-build. :crazyeye:
We can research to Chivlary, turn off research, destroy all that we can, before AI will get rifles. Then capture GL and get all MA techs.

Own said:
I still don't like the idea. While more worthwhile, razing one of our cities hurts my soul. And we can keep up.

If we sell our soul to the AI :satan: to get techs we might be able to keep up. Besides it does not hurt to have an insurance policy.

Yes the thick one (me) sees the value of barracks now, and I assume we should be finishing them as soon as the horses get hooked up. I am pretty sure they will upgrade but how would you actually upgrade a horseman to war elephant? Not much would transfer over I guess. We just press shift-U and poof they all upgrade but how would that happen in real life? Sell of the horse and buy an elephant?

If gozpel and mathias go along with this, I would pick the city we haven't built yet as it appears it would be immune to the culture flip.

Nice option, gozpel. We can get all techs from Korea for Writing, 16gpt and 60 gold.

We can get 8 techs if we buy CoL from Sumeria, I think it was. I'm not 100% and would be happy to make the deals if Mathias hasn't played yet.

The GLib could be built anywhere and it's too early to start planning warfare for something we know nothing about. :) I rather build up what we have for now and worry about conquests and stuff later.

Barracks are a better choice atm than granaries and even a harbor somewhere will be useful soon enough.

When I opened the save, I knew exactly what Gozpel had in mind, even though I did not see his last post before I began. Here's how the trading went:

First, 17gpt + 85 gold to Sumeria for Code of Laws.
We need more gold to get Map Making, so CoL to Inca for The Wheel + 89 gold. Korea does not have Horseback Riding
CoL + 69 gold to France for MM
Writing to Korea for Bronze Working + 19 gold. They do have Iron Working.
MM to Carthage for Masonry + Mysticism + 17 gold. Four civs have Mathematics, but we won't be able to trade for it. Korea has monopoly on Polythiesm.
CoL to Japan for HR + 25 gold. Even with three techs to trade, we cannot get Poly from Korea.
CoL to Carthage for IW + 3 gold

Net 8 techs for 17 gpt + 1 gold. We are forced to continue with minimal research. Out of curiosity, after completing my turnset, I reloaded the 1750 save and paid the higher price to get MM from Japan, then Math from France. Four techs + 149 gold + 2gpt was still not quite enough to get Poly from Korea.

Anyway, on with the turnchat.

1750 BC (0)
Trades as above, switch Delhi to Barracks.
We have Iron north of Bombay, and horses west of Calcutta. The horses are not in any city radius, but will be in our territory once Madras and Calcutta have both expanded.

IT: Bangalore Temple >> Worker
France begin SoZ, Korea begin ToA

1725 BC (1)
Korea has trade Polytheism to Sumeria and Inca for all known techs
MM Bombay to complete Granary before growth, at a cost of 10 gold and 1 turn to growth.

IT: Korea begin Great Lighthouse

1700 BC (2)
Carthage, Korea and Sumeria have Philosophy. Carthage in Anarchy, Korea has the gold.

IT: Delhi Rax >> Archer (10 spt)
Sumeria completes Pyramids, begins ToA
Cascade... France completes Oracle

1675 BC (3)
Carthage in Republic

IT: Madras Temple >> Harbor (Forest chop will complete next turn)
More cascade... nothing else complete

1650 BC (4)
IT: Delhi Archer >> Archer
Calcutta Worker >> Temple

1625 BC (5)
IT: Bombay Granary >> Worker
Bangalore Worker >> umm... Rax?
Persia begin SoZ

1600 BC (6)
IT: Delhi Archer >> Archer

1575 BC (7)
IT: Bombay Worker >> Worker

1550 BC (8)
IT: Delhi Archer >> Harbor or Granary @ 12 spt

1525 BC (9)
Forest chop near Calcutta reveals BG

1500 BC (10)
Iron and Incence both connected in 4 turns. Horses connected in as little as 10 turns with expansion of Calcutta.

A Japanese Galley is heading south. Hopefully he settles near the silks, and not too close to the horses.

Attachments

• Goz11-1500BC.jpg
    Goz11-1500BC.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 273
lurker's comment: Very nice spots for settling cities.:goodjob: Also, this is the first time I have seen someone do OCP in a SG.:rolleyes:

In XCC games OCP is the best variant, because you will have only few cities, and they must use all available terrain. Btw, we have used OCP in SM2 SG too ;)

Good job :) The windows to grab techs like this is very short and I'm glad we took the opportunity.

Now we just lay low and continue to improve our lands.

I've got it.

For what it's worth, we could have got Poly from Korea. If I had taken Masonry from Inca, I would have known who did and didn't have Mathematics. From that point, it would have been easy to make the right trades. Korea was willing to give up Poly for 4 techs + 151 gold + 2 gpt. Would have pulled in 9 techs and 4 gold for 8 gpt.

Yep Mathias, I noticed that too, but we don't have the luxury to replay. :lol: We do as good as we can and live with it.

Pre-turn - No changes, everything look ok.

1475BC - Bombay worker -> barracks.

1450BC - Korea demands 21g, no problems. It drains our coffers a bit, no more demands for 2 more turns, please.

Inca starts the Lighthouse.

1400BC - Delhi harbor -> worker. We need to get things going.

Iron and incense is connected :bounce: and luxtax goes to zero. We're actually making a couple of gpt now.

We can trade the iron to France, but they only offer 1 tech or a horse/lux deal. No hurry, I've a worker roading our horse already.

1375BC - Sumer completes MoM and lots of civs build all kind of wonders, Carthage starts HG!

Calcutta temple -> barracks.

Japan founds Nagoya near silks.

1350BC - Delhi worker -> slow sword using commerce tiles.

Take the punt and give France iron, 2gpt and 23g for Philo and Maths. No one knows Construction or Currency yet. (if the iron relocate we're done)

1325BC - Sumeria boots our scouting warrior and France Completes SoZ.

Luxtax 10%.

1300BC - Inca completes ToA and Sumeria is now a Monarchy.

1275BC - Sumeria completes HG.

Madras harbor -> barracks.
Bangalore barracks -> horse.

1250BC - Korea finish the Lighthouse.

Bombay barracks -> horse.

2 workers will start chopping next turn, we also need to chop the deer by Bangalore.

Construction/Currency is still unknown.

We got back the gpt and I think now is a good time to establish embassies. Alternatively we could try to save up for techs, what do you think? We need both markets and aqueducts, so that might be more important?

Hopefully I didn't kill the game by trading the iron, that's one of the stupid things that can ruin a game. But no guts, no glory.

Roster:

gozpel -> Just played
zerksees -> UP
Smart -> On deck
Own
Mathias

If we are sticking with no guts no glory I say we try to get currency first. Construction may be part of the deal. Then embassies, starting with France. Should the others choose war, they would probably acknowledge our envoy before any large force would reach us. Don't get me wrong I do not want any wars now but since the risk is low enough we could hold off a little while.

If there is nothing else to build I will build horsemen. How many workers do we want?

At least 12 workers total. I'd probably build 15 myself. What happened to Bombay as a worker factory?

What happened to Bombay as a worker factory?

Good question. I forgot :wallbash: 15 workers sounds good.

I like markets too, so try to work on Currency first. Might be possible if enough AI's learn it and we connect the second fur.

Top Bottom