GR20 - Genocide AWE vs 30 Civs (try 2)

Also, I could play this one after ThERat, although probably not until Saturday.
Well, at the rate, the turns are played, you can expect the save around that time...with all the razing and founding of cities, turns take ages...

I played until the end of turn 5...and we can't keep up with settler production with the fast razing of cities...three more AI's have fallen, but the respawn makes that a little annoying :mischief:

Question, we are having 50% of the land with aroudn 400 cities, would we allow to win by domination or it must be strictly conquest?

lurker's comment: If you can even get the Land area with the city limit...

I played until the end of turn 5...and we can't keep up with settler production with the fast razing of cities...three more AI's have fallen, but the respawn makes that a little annoying :mischief:

Question, we are having 50% of the land with aroudn 400 cities, would we allow to win by domination or it must be strictly conquest?

Apologies on the respawn. Space aliens came down and changed the setting on me. Really!

The variant calls for conquest which adds the extra challenge of finding all the cities (and thus Satallites) without map trade or steal. The idea is that every single citizen/worker who is not us is dead. It just wouldn't be genocide with a domination win. At least thats the reasoning behind the VC.

Am now into turn 8 and we just got satellites. I took out 3 more Civs, but we met another enemy, the Zulus hidden on an Island close to our home continent.

In other news, progress is fast and settler production can't keep up at all. We now have 439 cities and 54% land.

Preturn
I can found 11 cities actually ??? I stop there as we run out of settlers and will in the future as well. Need far more settlers, that will arrive much later

increase science to 40% and space flight is down to 3 turns
decide to MM this time, rush a few settlers

IT Iro's seem to be the hardest enemies...Maya manage to steal some unprotected workers

1.1782AD
found 4 cities
raze Quirigua, Lagartero and Bonampak, hills keep us from progressing against Maya

raze Orleans, fighting Iro's seems lucrative as we get 152gold, raze Isca for 153gold
Rostov falls for 154g, Tolosa gives 103g + 17 arty
Smolenks, Yaroslav, Moscow and SunTzu, Lyon, Novogorod, Yakutsk and St. Petersburg are razed for a total of 1065g

raze Mayan Avignon, Greek Camulodunum for 90g, Arab Segusio
gain 1 MGL

2.1784AD
take out the Indian capital Cataractonium and India is destroyed
raze Kamin in the hills
raze Rouen for 182g, raze Tours for 183g, Besancon for 185g
found a city to access further into Iro territory
take out Chondote for 186g, moving into Iro core now

lose a cav army against a Iro infantry, take Vladivostok a 189g
found 6 cities to block the enemy from the whole northwest

attack Aztec capital and gain a useless leader, manage to raze the city
send over another 12 MA to fill armies...many settlers will arrive also and help to prevent the AI from producing settlers

lower science, space still due in the IT

IT space flight in, satellites in 5 turns at a deficit

3. 1786AD
raze Lazapa and Yaxchilan (Maya)
raze Oka, Oil Springs, Grand River, Onnontare, Yekatarinburg, Caughnawaga, Krasnoyarsk and Orenburg
for a toal of 1650g (Iro)
raze Alesia (Celts)
raze Greek Lugdunum for 214gold, Greece respawns as there is too much space...need to kill 10 units
and the Greek are destroyed
raze Yamama (Arabs)
found 24 cities, gain 1 army

4. 1788AD
found 2 cities then the city limit pops up
raze Calakmul and Mayan's respawn, how annoying, get 2 leaders from razing that city and Mayans are gone
raze Rutupiae (Celts)
raze Rheims, Cattaraugus 517g, raze Salamaca after defeating 10 infantry for 352g
raze Muskat, Fustat, Basra, Fez, Bukhara (Arabs)
raze Tlaxcala (Aztecs)

found 5 more cities

5. 1790AD
raze Verulamium
raze Alleghny, Mauch Chunk, St. Regis, Tonawanda, Tyendenaga, Niagara Falls, Edfu, Busiris 2110g

found 4 cities

6. 1792AD
raze Centralia, Kahnawake 729g
raze Gergovia and the Celts respawn, 10 units later and the Celts are destroyed
raze Incan Lisht
raze Mansur, Damascus, Kufah, Medina, Mecca, Baltimore (Arabs)

found 7 cities, gain 2 MGL's
send over more workers as RR work is required for conquest

7. 1794AD
raze Akwesasne, Ganogeh, Gayagahee for 900g
raze Persian Houston and Philadelphia, New York, New Orleans, Washington
raze Aztec Calix, they have 1 city left
raze Arab Baghdad, Anjar, Najran, Aden, Shiraz
raze Incan Atlanta, San Frisco

found 9cities

get a real shock to discover the Zulus on an Island

IT we finally get satellites and can attack far better

8. 1796AD
we currently have 420 cities

raze Texcoco and the Aztecs are gone without respawn
take out Gandesataigon, the last iro city on the mainland for 609gold
raze Incan Atico, Juli, Chuito, Arequipo, Tientsin, Nasca
raze Arab Khurasan, Detroit
raze Persian St. Louis, Chicago, Sidon

found 19 cities and we have closed off the southern part from the rest of the continent
gain 1 MGL

9. 1798AD
fill 3 rushed transports with units to land in Zulu land next turn
raze Persian Anyang, Macao, Samaria, Seattle, Arbela, Sardis
raze Incan Andahuaylas, Ica, Vitcos, Corihua, Machu Picchu, Vilcabamba, Huamanga, Ollantay
Cuzco, Tiwanaku
defeat 3 Incan settler pairs

found 10 cities
gain 1 MGL

10. 1800AD
raze Vilcas and a Inca settler pair and they respawn as usual, Incas are gone after 10 units bite the dust
raze Arabic Canton, Tsingtao and Hangchow, they also respawn, defeat 10 units and Arabs are no more
raze Persian Bactra, Persepolis, Gordium, Pasergadea, Shanghai, Beijing, Tyre, Nanking, Antioch
Xinjian, Chengdu

get into Ottoman territory to be able to access the last Persian city
raze Iznik, Uskudar, Izmit, thus manage to get to Tatung, it doesn't respawn,
take out a settler pair and they do respawn, try to get enough units, manage that and Persia is out

found 5 cities
land units on 2 Iro Islands, make landfall in Zulu land

Situation:
there are only 7 Ottoman cities left on the other continent

The main obstacle will be Carthage as we have no transport there yet
I would found some cities along the coast and rush transports.

We will have plenty of settlers to do that. I left 6 MA for the next player to decide where to send them to

The other Islands should be taken out sooner than that.

Remainder of continent #2

The whole world with the left Civs

lurker's comment: Just out of curioisity, how close are you to winning by domination?

we are still quite far away from domination and will win by conquest for sure

Extrapolating from my turn, I suspect they were working on refining and steel. They did not have destroyers and got Infantry 17 turns ago or so on my turn.

We are actually not allowed to look in this variant exactly where they were, but I think that is fairly accurate.

lurker's comment: If you want to know badly, you could just download the save yourself and check- it's not against the rules for a non-player to know how advanced the AI are.

lurker's comment:
It just wouldn't be genocide with a domination win.
:eek:

That's a great line!

:hatsoff:

Far better than:

I can't believe it's not genocide.

or

Genocide is not for everyone. Consult your team mates before starting a game of genocide. Side effects include...

or

Genocide. What's in your wallet?

lurker's comment: The second one you said "Genocide is not for everyone..." is pretty funny too. :lol:

Turn 1 (1802) Destroy half the Ottoman Empire. The other half hides behind their mountain range. Plant a city New Tutub to get troops in range to finish the remainder of their empire next turn. Neodakheat goes for 807 gold. Owego is next for 605.

Turn 2 (1804) Destroy the second half of the Ottoman Empire, but Osman lives. Settler perhaps on a boat. Destroy a couple Iro units that were on both continents

Turn 3 (1806) Salonika appears. Destroy it for 100 gold and Osman is finished off. Kiohero goes for 1777 gold. Hiawatha joins Osman in the big civ in the sky. :) Ulundi and Zimbabwe razed. Land 2 MA armies on the small Cathaginian island.

Turn 4 (1808) Zulu down to 2 cities.

Turn 5 (1810) Zulu down to no cities. No troops either. Carthage now remains. Land 2 MA armies on their island. Lux up to 100%

IBT- Lots of WLTKD.

Turn 6 (1812) Attack Carthage with the 3MA armies. City still holds. Land 2 more armie.

Turn 7 (1814) City of Carthage destroyed.

Turn 8 (1816) Destroy 2 more cities. Only Utica remains.

Turn 9 (1818) Utica destroyed, and with it the last civ.

We win with a score of 12,831. :eek:

lurker's comment: Wow... 12,831 score?

Top Bottom