1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by avain, Aug 9, 2007.

1. avain

avain (key)

Those should be the same. Can you please compare and confirm?

2. JustATourist

JustATourist Lost in Translation

Allready confirmed. I have compared both files with WinMerge. Both files are attached. I have no other Mod installed, which does alter Unit-Graphics. Or does Cultural Citystyles comes with a CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml? (I have installed CC 0.98 a while ago.) I don't think so.

Attached Files:

• Art.zip
      File size:
      23.4 KB
      Views:
  3. avain

avain (key)

Now this is interesting. Are you sure it's coming from VD8.0? My saved files for v8.0 are different.
    Nevertheless there are 2 types of differences:
    - unit size: this is ok for v9.0, since it's aligned to other new units' sizes
    - training sound: from the v8.0 file I would suppose that it could be the better one. In the instances it differs from v9.0 it's ..._UNIQUE training sound, but it's there for unique units, so using common sense logic I'd say it's some improvement.

Does anyone of you know anything about unit training sound corrections lately? Even compared to my base Civ Bts files the training sounds are like in my v9.0 version....

4. JustATourist

JustATourist Lost in Translation

I am absolutly sure, this file doesn't come from another mod: CC shouldn't have this file included and JARM uses a modular version of this file in another folder. I am not using any other mod, playing with units.

However your questions brought up another idea: I have looked up my vanilla CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml in BtS. It's from May 5th, 2009, which is newer than the file you use in VD 9.0, which mean the last BtS patch came with a new version of this file. It might be possible, that I have merged the file from the patch with the file in VD. I don't remember doing it, but this is the only poosibility, where these changed might come from. So this is probably the answer.

There is another diference in these file: The carthagian and the asian war elefant, the asian and european worker and the south american warrior aren't included in VD9.0s file but in the other.

Which file do you suggest to use?

5. ripple01

ripple01 Chieftain

I could be wrong about this, but I believe this was a change incorporated in the Unofficial Patch. Some of the unique units added in BtS did not have the appropriate Unique Unit sound attached to them. IIRC, I reported this. :)

Cheers,
    ripple01

6. GeoModder

GeoModder Chieftain

Nope.

7. avain

avain (key)

@JustATourist, ripple01:
    Ok, since I'm certain that I patched to 3.19 (just checked again to be sure) - and I also happen to have the 3.17 xml files, I can say that there was no change in that file between 3.17 and 3.19. So it must be an unofficial patch.
    So I recommend using the file from VD9.0, and if you want to have the unofficial patch correction to unique unit build sounds, you can merge those in.
    The missing units are missing because I deleted them -> those are not used anymore, so why load them? (it can be that even more units can be deleted referencing vanilla art)

8. avain

avain (key)

Polynesia updated to v2.0
    ------------------------------

Changelog

- new LH graphics (The Capo, optimized a bit by avain)
    - added Polynesian rifleman (The Capo)
    - added Polynesian explorer(Bakuel, Bernie14,The Capo)
    - South Pacific citystyle (Geomodder)
    - Marae size corrected

9. DnBBitmans

DnBBitmans Chieftain

Looks super ;)

10. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

11. avain

avain (key)

Poland updated to v2.0
    -------------------------

Changelog

- added Pilsudski (Ekmek)
    - refreshed almost half of the unit roster (units mainly from Total Realism)
    - optimizations to units (removing not needed meshes, files, textures)

12. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Awesome stuff man. :goodjob:

Don't forget to credit Bakuel, Bernie14, and I for the Polynesian units.

13. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

I love the Polynesian civilization myself. Back when I modded civ3 I added them to my own mod, and even made a few units once I was capable. They really are a great culture with many accomplishments and should have been included in the main game in my opinion.

14. avain

avain (key)

15. mamba

mamba Chieftain

Looking forward to that, always wanted to add an Australian / Aboriginal civ (ever since Chuggy released a few units for that at least ;) ), but never did so for a lack of units.

16. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

That's awesome. You've been busy huh?

17. 10lire

10lire Chieftain

Italian civilization is updated to version 2.0b now; it's compatible with Varietad Delectat 9 (follow the link in my signature).

18. entwood

entwood Chieftain

Not exactly fair to bring up this old quote, but I still have a feeling that the rules and gameplay for VD's modern era expansion have been on the back burner and are a bit obsolete vs. Quote Capita changes? I was still holding out for direct updates to Modern Era expansion in VD. Any chance?

19. avain

avain (key)

I understand your wish, but Modern Era now is really the collection of unit classes and art, and the real new implementation will be done in QC. You are of course free to make a modmod if you so wish.

20. avain

avain (key)