Great Commercials

Marcus_Aurelius

The True Emporer
I see that there have been 5 threads started about bad commercials. There certainly are alot of really annoying commercials. But are there any commercials that no matter how many times you see it, it still makes you laugh?
For me, I can think of two off hand... the Volkswagon ads about stereotyping, and the Geico one with the cavemen. I LOVE it, the steely glare the caveman gives after he says "...I don't have much of an appetite" makes me laugh everytime.

I think the bud commercials before the ITV world cup games have been making me chuckle recently. I love that bouncy ball advert as well-which has the tv as its promotion thing, not sure why i think the whole thing just works :)

Once I was watching TV at 4 in the morning, and we flipped to this hair regrowth infomercial. These things are usually hilarious, so we left it there for a bit. This doctor is talking, and it shows the picture of the guy with the new hair, and it's just the doctor, and he still has no hair. Then he turns to his aide there and says:

"I have great news!"
Aide: "Did you invent a miracle hair growth formula?"
"No, I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico!"

I swear we laughed for 10 minutes or more.

I also love the one for Kellogg's All Bran Buds or whatever. It has this guy comparing two cereals, both of which are Kellogg's ABB's. "So next time you feel like a bowl of Kelloggs All Bran Buds, reach for Kelloggs All Bran Buds instead." The whole commercial is just that kinda crap, and hilarious.

And the Magic Bullet informercial, with the one guy: "I hate Broccoli!" :lol:

There was a radio commercial that started 'its not clever living with a hernia'

dunno why but it still makes me chuckle.

Best commericals of all time:

- Geico's "I have some good news" commericals (sheer genius)
- the Bud Light commercial where it rains beer, but it tastes like water, so everyone envies the guy with the Bud Light. :lol:

The Geico commercials are definitely genius. I just thought of the one with the people living in the tiny house... I remember the first time I saw it I yelled at the tv "you cannot be serious!!"... thinking, what reality trash will they come up with next, and then you are hit with the Geico thing. So great.
Tiny House Ad

The Tiny House ad was brilliant, because it looked exactly like a reality TV commercial.

One of my favorite ads was Nationwide, Wrong Turn. I loved it becuase it looked exactly like a car commercial.

Nationwide commercial

Two advertisments that I saw in pretty close parallel with each other.

1. A car transforming into a robot and dancing. Nothing special, just good music and good fun.
2. A remix of 'Singin in the Rain - the main actor (Gene Simmons, please correct) happily redoing his old dance routine but...altered. And a damn good tune.

Kan' Sharuminar said:
Two advertisments that I saw in pretty close parallel with each other.

1. A car transforming into a robot and dancing. Nothing special, just good music and good fun.
2. A remix of 'Singin in the Rain - the main actor (Gene Simmons, please correct) happily redoing his old dance routine but...altered. And a damn good tune.

Its Gene Kelly, and if your talking about this commerical, you're right its very well done, I never saw it before.

hmm. i remember seeing geico adds when i was in memphis...
anyway, anyone remember the herbal essences add? the girl in the shower?
not so funny in itself but heres a parody:

Attachments

• herbal essence.gif
    herbal essence.gif
    29.3 KB · Views: 151
Kan' Sharuminar said:
Gene Kelly, so close. And thank you, and very much obliged to yuo for seeing it again.

No, thank you. I can't get enough of this commerical! It's so seamless, probably my new favorite commercial. It must have taken them forever to do.

The dancer is David Bernal, of the "Robot Dance" fame. Search for his name on youtube and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I love the superbowl ad that had two guys comparing phones. One guy says his gets email, another's can play music, and it is just a game of one-upmanship. Then one guy says his has a crime deterrent. The other guy says, "Really?" The first guy says, "Try to take my wallet." He tries, and the guy turns around and hurls his phone at the other's head.

JtheJackal said:
No, thank you. I can't get enough of this commerical! It's so seamless, probably my new favorite commercial. It must have taken them forever to do.

Brilliant and flawless.

The amusing thing is I had people complaining that it was slandering Gene Kelly, I can't see this doing anything other than making him a God among men.

Syterion said:
I love the superbowl ad that had two guys comparing phones. One guy says his gets email, another's can play music, and it is just a game of one-upmanship. Then one guy says his has a crime deterrent. The other guy says, "Really?" The first guy says, "Try to take my wallet." He tries, and the guy turns around and hurls his phone at the other's head.

:lol: I love that one.

Linky

Hmmm..not the best commericals but they were always interesting to see....the Hardee's commercials. (For some people in different states it would be called Carl's Junior).

How bout the identify theft commercials...oh jeez i forgot what the company is called, its where the show like to old women then the have men voices...ah jeez what is it....

Top Bottom