Greecemod: Not a Byzwank, Promise (EU4 althist mod creation/discussion thread)

Spoiler :

South India

Spoiler :

Not-HRE. Someone suggested making everyone an elector; I personally think it's a good idea, but the interface is weird. But that can be fixed, in good time.

For the record,
YE QUICKE ANDE EASIE GUYDE TO THE ETHIOPIAN, AEGYPTIANNE ANDE ARABIAN STATES IN YE GREECEMODDE
There are many states I added (and also I recommend you look at the country text files to see what I recycled ;) ) and/or recycled over the holidays.
Let's talk about...
  1. YE ETHIOPIANS
    1. In the GREEN nation, there's QONDDAR. Qonddar is the major Ethiopian and Ash'arite power in the area. In test observes, everyone appeases Qonddar. Qonddar is powerful!
    2. In the little RED proto-eritrea, there is DAMOT. Damot the province is within Qonddar. Damot the country is based on one that actually existed in the area. The smallest Islamic power BUT not the receiving end of all pain and misery in the world.
    3. The KHAKI country is FUR. Fur (tag FUR) is basically Darfur but ANCIENT!!!! and has quite a few animist provinces. it also loves itself some native uprisings. Wheeee.
    4. The final Ethiopian/Islamiddlearthite power us KUSH, in BLUE. Kush is muslim with several northern Imperial Court provinces and that's really it. Nobody likes Kush. Kush is bad.
  2. YE AEGYPTIANNES
    1. There are currently two egyptians and the mamluks in game. For the record, the Mamluks will become a jewish one that isn't ingame just yet. The two Egypts are both Imperial Court, with a few ashar'ite provinces near the sahara.
    2. The first egyptian country is LOWER EGYPT, which covers the delta. It's OP.
    3. Then there's UPPER EGYPT which is ez to defeat.
  3. YE ARABS
    1. I'd say Araby is the second most interesting area of the game I've made, after East Africa. There is no unified religion in the area.
    2. Let's go counterclockwise starting near Qonddar. SHEBA is a Jewish country in the area, and also one of the smallest.
    3. HADHRAMAUT is the Isayan (quasi-sikh, remember?) country in between Jewish Sheba and...
    4. Buddhist OMAN! Hated by literally all it's neighbors, Oman never survives. Poor Oman. Oman also has the worst RU of any country ingame right now sans Zebulun. Only one Omani province, Muscat, is Buddhist, and the rest is a combination of Isayan, Catholic and Animist.
    5. Next um we ignore the Persians and go to DILMUN, which is a Christian kingdom that is made OP through Persia. That's... really it.
    6. Then there's GERRHA, yet another christian nation which is totally getting its own idea set in due time.
    7. Inside Araby, we find THAMUD, the formerly migratory civilization in the area. Thamud is, surprisingly, Animist (representing pre-Islamic pagans) and is a tribal nation, which basically means that SCREW YOU THAMUD YOU SUCK
    8. The last nation is METOPO, Not-Jerusalem with a Persian ruler and Greekish culture. None of its provinces are Catholic.

Very Cool Civ'ed

A little preview of India so far:

Spoiler :

I'm going slowly because renaming provinces is far more fun than it sounds :p

Ignore the graphics.

At the bottom you'll see one of Chola's provinces. Chola, I think, will be one of the most interesting plays in this mod. You're the remnant of a Tamil Hindu maritime empire that once controlled all of South India and large parts of SE Asia and Indonesia; but you have lost your Indian possessions, and you now only control Aceh (your capital is *Kutrajaya), part of Sri Lanka, the Maldives, and the Andaman and Nicobar islands. You can reconquer India if you like, or you could do other things.

Yeah I would like to know what that map mod is too

I was using this one. Believe me, it doesn't look remotely as good in-game as it does in screenshots.

No tears now only dreams
I'm going to put the next area I focus on up to you guys. I can do the Vinlander nations and Iceland or some Russians or something

Personally, I feel like we should finish off the Old World first, since we're barely sure what's hapoening in NA and I'm starting to dislike the ideas I had, but if you want to do Vinland I don't mind.

Personally, I feel like we should finish off the Old World first, since we're barely sure what's hapoening in NA and I'm starting to dislike the ideas I had, but if you want to do Vinland I don't mind.

You could always have Carthigian colonists in Cuba.
Or Atlantis :p

I had an idea for Central Asia and China.
According to this article, the Uyghurs turned Manichean at some point in their history. However, notice this line:
"One effect of this conversion was the increased influence of the Sogdians in the Uyghur court. In 779 Tengri Bögü, incited by his Sogdian advisers, planned an invasion of China to take advantage of the accession of a new Emperor, Dezong."
So I was thinking in this alt - history the invasion might have been partially successful, and as such we could have Manicheaist states in a fractured China. It also makes "sense", considering Manicheaism had spread as far as South China. Maybe Central Asia itself could also be fractured and states there could have the decision to reform the Uighur Khanate.

I would support this, but East Asia is entirely Krzowwh's department and it's his judgement.

Spoiler :

Indian status report. Note that the NWmost and NEmost Gondi provinces will get hacked off in time. Next will either be the Alans of West India or the Indo-Greeks/Greco-Bengalis of East India, not sure which yet. I've also added in a union decision for the Maharashtri states - Ashmaka. I don't know which yet. I should have India's initial setup done by the weekend, at this pace. Slowness is because I'm renaming everything.

Spoiler :
Spoiler :

Well, that's not wrong...

Spoiler :
I know the language reasons for this but this still cracked me up :p

Top Bottom