• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Greek police shooting sparks riot

Can someone summarize what happened over the 9 pages? What I am reading is that anarchists lured police into an area and attacked them. The police defended themselves and in the process a young anarchist got killed from self-defense by the police. Inexplicably, these police are now being tried for murder. Is that accurate?

Can someone summarize what happened over the 9 pages? What I am reading is that anarchists lured police into an area and attacked them. The police defended themselves and in the process a young anarchist got killed from self-defense by the police. Inexplicably, these police are now being tried for murder. Is that accurate?
Yes.

Inexplicable, unless you consider the possibility it wasnt in self defence. Come on, just use your imagination for one second

I'm just going by the first article, Red, where it said they lure in police to assault them with firebombs.

I'm just going by the first article, Red, where it said they lure in police to assault them with firebombs.

right. dont. go by the newer article, where the Greek Authorities have decided this policeman likely committed murder. Its more up to date.

Okay...
the 37 year old policman who is said to have fired the deadly shot at the 15 year old testified he fired three warning shots and that one of those would have hit the youth as a ricochet. before that a group of autonomous people would have attacked the police car, in which he was sitting with his colleague, with stones.

So they assaulted the police. The police, showing proper and good restraint, fired warning shots over the heads of people trying to cause them bodily harm. One of htose warning shots ricocheted and hit one of the attackers.

I think I'll believe the police officers involved over the word of "eye-witnesses" who, if they were really eye-witnesses must have been part of the group attacking. IN other words, fellow anarchists.

Okay...

So they assaulted the police. The police, showing proper and good restraint, fired warning shots over the heads of people trying to cause them bodily harm. One of htose warning shots ricocheted and hit one of the attackers.

I think I'll believe the police officers involved over the word of "eye-witnesses" who, if they were really eye-witnesses must have been part of the group attacking. IN other words, fellow anarchists.

Will you stop reading the old articles. things have abviously changed. this version of events is now not even accepted by the greek govt, why the hell are you still believing it?

oh. lost in translation. :)

not even the policeman's testimony states that the boy who was shot was attacking at the time he "fired warning shots". just that a group of people had attacked them earlier on.

/me screams!!

By later article, I thought you meant the holy king had just linked to. :(

/me screams!!

By later article, I thought you meant the holy king had just linked to. :(

And what if it was a murder (but it wasn't)? Is all that violence in the last few days justified? All those people hurt, property destroyed and damaged? Are the owners of burned cars, for example, somehow responsible for that anarchist getting killed?

And what if it was a murder (but it wasn't)? Is all that violence in the last few days justified? All those people hurt, property destroyed and damaged? Are the owners of burned cars, for example, somehow responsible for that anarchist getting killed?

Pretty much how I see it.

Even if it was murder (what needs to be proven, obviously), what's the point of rioting and damaging people who have nothing to do with the incident? What's wrong with people? "Oh I am so outraged by this that I'll start to break everything around me". What a bunch of ******s in need of some constructive prison time.

Every god damn mother&"&/ rioting in a civililzed country where they allow freedom of speech, criticism of the government and peacefull protests has to be shot.

It wouldn't be civilized country if rioters would be shot.

Sadly there are incidents of such violence here, from time to time, although up to now nothing in this scale. But each year you see such a thing, anarchists (sic) fighting policemen. They ussually retreat in the university campus since the law dissallows the police from entering it. However the law much change, since as things stand the universities become a sort of safe haven for every criminal.

Top Bottom