1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings from your new Community Manager

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by 2K Greg, May 24, 2010.

1. 2K Greg

2K Greg <span style="font-weight:bold; text-decoration: un

I could throw a baseball and hit pretty much anyone at the company (well, realistically I would probably hit a window near them.) Suffice it to say that there is no one I wouldn't be able to talk to should the need arise. I talk to a lot of different people to get the info for you guys. :)

2. bigdog5994

bigdog5994 Lady Day

do it!!! BREAK A WINDOW!!!!!!!!

3. grommit5

grommit5 Warlord

Welcome, dont envy your position though. Both sides are so entrenched in what they believe its like yelling at a brick wall. Good luck!

4. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

5. grandad1982

grandad1982 Deity

Hi! Its good to to have you Greg.

Two questions

Will playing Civ5 make me cool in the eyes of my friends and family?

Will playing Civ5 help to pay the rent?

6. Magma

Magma Prince

Smart move 2k, but mark my words. The revolution against Steam will come!

We are you watching you.

:spear::backstab::ar15::sniper::band::viking: :borg::hammer::satan::bump::popcorn::ninja:

All of us.

:cowboy:

7. 2K Greg

2K Greg <span style="font-weight:bold; text-decoration: un

I am afraid I must tell you that Civ5 is so awesome that you will most likely end up shirking your work responsibilities in favor of playing just... one... more... turn and as such would likely have a negative impact on your ability to pay rent!

8. 2K Elizabeth

2K Elizabeth <span style="font-weight:bold; text-decoration: un

I don't think a baseball would break these windows. Likely it would, indeed, bounce off the glass and hit me in the head.

9. Alki

Alki Prince

I wonder how much extra baseballproof glass costs? I'll bet all the money your saving by using steam is paying for it too! ;)

10. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

Welcome (back) to the forum 2K Greg. :cool: It can only be a good thing to have you around posting in these forums.

I know it's a joke but you know that could be a real concern to some? Games like WoW can be so addictive for some people that they do indeed muck up parts of their life like work commitments (or studies! :lol:). I wonder if games devs or publishers ever talk about questions of ethics like "Is it ethical to produce a game that is intended to be addictive?". The achievements system in WoW would be an example of such a thing. Depending how Firaxis design the achievements system for Civ5, a similar thing could happen.

Just a warning that if Civ5 is even more addictive than Civ4, you might even need to stop joking about civ addiction and actually help people treat it. :) And yes, I'm being serious.

Don't take this as a post of complaint though.

11. Shurdus

Shurdus Am I Napoleon?

Just checking in to say welcome to Greg. :beer: We are pleased to have ou very own community manager, and we look forward to a lot of good news. :cheers: