1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by iammaxhailme, Feb 14, 2019.

1. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

And I would imagine it's still gamey such that you can capture four, get them to cede four cities, return one in trade and the modifier goes away. (If that's not the case, I'm surprised they fixed it)

2. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I am in the information age now in my game as the Maori. I am using spies to flip the last Americans cities. America is about to be wiped out. Climate change is starting to raise sea levels. I winning diplomatic victory points. There is definitely more in the modern age to keep you wanting more Dang! The "just one more turn" addiction is ramped to 11 in GS because of all the new stuff in the modern age!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    agonistes and WillowBrook like this.
  3. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

And you can give them back one that will loyalty flip over to you a few turns later.

4. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

Did anyone else notice that the AI seems to be building more ships?
    Other thing, I have seen many theological combats, is AI more interested in religion?

George Abitbol and sonicmyst like this.
  5. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

Depends on AI/civ’s religion preference? My last game as Sweden went with zero noticeable combats. Heck, I managed to found a religion in the Industrial era:crazyeye:

6. Infixo

Infixo Deity

7. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

The sea level rise UI didn't seem obvious to me, so here's a tip:

As CO2 levels rise and the globe warms, the sea level will gradually rise and flood designated lowland coastal tiles. Vulnerable tiles will be identified in the UI with a wave icon and a number, indicating 1-meter, 2-meter or 3-meter tiles. As sea level rises in increments, each group of tiles will subsequently flood, starting with 1-meter tiles. When flooded, any districts or improvements will be pillaged and cannot be repaired until the flooding is reversed by building a Flood Barrier. When the 3-meter set floods, the 1-meter set will become permanently submerged and unrecoverable, and anything on it will be permanently destroyed. City center tiles cannot flood.

Flood Barriers are relatively inexpensive before flooding starts, but they become dramatically and increasingly more expensive (often impossibly so) once flooding has started, so it is wise to build them preemptively. Sea level rise starts suddenly and proceeds quickly, with rise levels happening every ~9 turns or so on Normal speed.

Sea level rise is the only serious and permanent environmental damage that you'll experience (the damage done by storms, floods and volcanoes is trivial and often beneficial). It only affects a limited number of tiles, and can be prevented by proactive preparation, but once it has started happening there's very little you can do about it.

8. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

I'm not really sure how "tie-breaking" is decided in WC.... anyone know the mechanism?

For example player's district X culture bomb proposal, everyone spends one vote for themselves... then it turns out that I always get it. Is it always in favor of the player or is it random?

9. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

I'm not sure, but it looks to me like the tie goes to the player. No idea how this works in multiplayer.

10. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Nazca Lines' +1 Faith to adjacent resource tiles affects things like fish in water tiles. The other bonuses will affect oases as well.

11. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

The winner is the player with higher vote spent / diplomatic favor

So if civ A voted with 5 votes over 1000 favor versus civ B voted with 5 votes over 800 favor, the latter wins.

12. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

A couple pictures of my current game.
    AI building ship in 2 tile pond/lake.
    The AI is at war with me but wants to send me Aid because of a Volcanic Eruption.
    Spoiler Screenshots :

ship.png

Aid.png

Volcanic War.png

13. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

There seems to be a bug with the Peacekeeper achievement. The text says "As Wilfrid Laurier, successfully complete an Emergency" but I haven't played a game as Canada yet and somehow earned the achievement.

14. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

Are the AIs trying to be suzerain? Granted im still in my first game but I’m industrial era and suzerain of 4 city states with only 3 envoys each. They don’t seem to be putting envoys in city states. Plenty of time for them to put them in.

I’m also literally friends with all other civs and have 5 alliances. This just seems so different than R+F and vanilla.

Edit: I'm now suzerain of all 6 city states. The highest I had to take over is 6 envoys. No increase in foreign envoys.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  15. CornPlanter

CornPlanter Emperor

From what they spoke in the announcement videos I was under impression you could actually name terrain features, as in enter the name yourself. But I didnt find any way to do that, all the rivers and mountains I discover get named automatically according to my civ. Is there a way to actually name them?

16. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

In my second game with random opponents, I'm facing Eleanor of England... AND Eleanor of France. Whaaaaa?

eleawhaa.jpg

They really should fix that.

In my first game, all the AI civs poured all of their envoys into the same militaristic city-state. I was the mostly unchallenged suzerain of all the others.

17. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Happened to me as well. I‘m suzerain of 6 city states (6 player map) and don‘t have more than 6 envoys in any of those. The 5 AI civs only like Kabul and Bologna...

18. BrotherInJah

BrotherInJah 60% of the time works every time

That makes Nazca lines perfect to pair with other UIs.

Spoiler :

Anyway, I wanted to show some pics from my first* GS game. Playing as Maori i found rather quickly my paradise spot.

Spoiler :

Kilimanjaro erupted only once taking out sheep early on. From there it was only better.

Spoiler :

Ultimate jungle spot, kumbayah.

Spoiler :

*first was Inca 50 turns or so.. but that was horrible starting location, i rerolled to end up with even worse one, with single mountain in 12 hex radius.. so Maori.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    Pietato, Zaarin and WillowBrook like this.
  19. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

With Inca it is not about the mountain tiles, they just slow you down, terraced fams on hills is good enough and rush your way to Waraq’aq then the world is yours. Definitely a war civ.

20. anandus

anandus Errorist

Small question: Can you use the Waraq'aq to take cities? (do they count as melee units?)