Guess the Map 12: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Hate Mercator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Output of computer code per capita.
Nope. It is more "consumption" than "output". Also note that I include both absolute and per capita measures in the tables above (by_pop is per capita).

Hackers? (I thought of that some posts ago)
No, though there are questions about the legality of the activity represented by the value.

Bootleg/underground/licensing?
Those are words that could be linked to this.
Reposting images, with legend labelled:
Absolute values:

Per Capita:

Attachments

• first_go.png
    first_go.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 156
  • by_pop.png
    by_pop.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 166
Bitcoin usage / mining?

Next clue:

This data was released to support a paper that describes the global value of a website. It consists of the server logs of the website in question, as well as the Jupyter Notebook (data analysis code) to process it. I have plotted that data by country.

Something with Twitter?
(I'm lost, this clue does not help, sorry :/ )
No, much dodgier than twitter. I am fairly sure the thread starter knows who I am talking about, but I guess he is not playing. You would have been the most likely to know it of the people posting.

Hm, going by the comment about twitter (and your post concerning J), is it about some online dating service?
No, nothing like that. @The_J is the person in this thread who I think reads the most peer reviewed literature.

Patents can't be it either, given I mentioned licensing :)
Nope, colder.

Spoiler That makes sense? :
Colder = further from the right answer, warmer = closer to the right answer. That is what it means to everyone, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom