Guess the Map 12: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Hate Mercator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I tried to find the source of the data (I recoloured a map from wikipedia) and its not cited. So I looked up the actual laws in some of the countries and I can't vouch for this map anymore. It marks Norway as illegal but that won't be true until 2025. Meanwhile, Denmark was on track to be illegal by 2024 yet was put in a different category.

It was laws regarding fur farming. The map caught my eye after reading up Denmark's plan to cull 17 million minks because of covid.

Sorry y'all.

I nominate @Birdjaguar for the next map as his it was his question that caused me to find the errors.

Okay, so I tried to find the source of the data (I recoloured a map from wikipedia) and its not cited. So I looked up the actual laws in some of the countries and I can't vouch for this map anymore. It marks Norway as illegal but that won't be true until 2025. Meanwhile, Denmark was on track to be illegal by 2024 yet was put in a different category.

It was laws regarding fur farming. The map caught my eye after reading up Denmark's plan to cull 17 million minks because of covid.

Sorry y'all.

I nominate @Birdjaguar for the next map as his it was his question that caused me to find the errors.
Thanks. I'm not ready to provide a map, so I pass and would like to see someone who has not done one in a while take on the challenge. Which of my questions did that?

Thanks. I'm not ready to provide a map, so I pass and would like to see someone who has not done one in a while take on the challenge. Which of my questions did that?
So I did the penultimate one, is anyone going to complain if I do one?

you're up!

Attachments

• next_go.png
    next_go.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 129
3 hours and no response. OK, first clue:

This is a really easy one. About 1000 times easier than last time. (note: 64% of statistics are made up one the spot)

What's special about the Czech republic?

Does it have something to do with languages?
Nothing to do with language. What is special about the Czech republic is its history, combined with my capacity for effort. Yugoslavia has a similar issue.

The fact that China is the same as mongolia is completely random, and Russia/Kazakhstan.

Second clue:
Since I posted this thought of a change I could make to make the map a more useful representation of the world. This is the same as before, but with the denominator as an integral with respect to time rather than a single time point.

Attachments

• y_integral.png
    y_integral.png
    49 KB · Views: 173
Completely unrelated to this map, but why is Laos so hard to get data for? That is the grey country in the middle of south east asia? I cannot find it on any of my datasets, and looking at others it is often missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom