1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Han Jae-Moon

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by BevHeartMuncher, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Ashbery76

Ashbery76 Warlord

No, they just eat frogs.

2. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

and snails, don't forget snails.

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

And ortalan buntings.

4. bouncymischa

bouncymischa Synthetic Genie

I was discussing the screenshot with my brother, and he was commenting that the game already does this -- he often ends up in multiple affinities, and his cities are always a mix of different building styles. So I suspect that the appearance of the "hybrid" cities is something that already exists in the graphics dll.

I suspect the main issue with making actual "hybrid city" graphics is that it would require modifying/upgrading the graphics dll code, which may have been considered to ultimately not be worth the trouble. I know that when it comes to Civ 5 modding, it's easy enough to add new unit models (and even add code to determine who can build them, so you could have, say, Ideology-based unit designs), but the graphics dll is something we've never had access to, so there's no way to add new city graphics. So I'm not terribly surprised if they chose to simply add new hybrid unit models, but left the core graphics dll untouched.

5. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Can someone then point out to me which leader is the second "aquatic" nation?

I thought they said there were two aquatic-oriented leaders, so far and seems to be the only one to get a direct bonus is Duncan...?

6. GenEngineer

GenEngineer Prince

I believe the official statement was phrased 'Aquatic Civs,' as opposed to water oriented. Duncan and Jae-Moon are the two leaders, on account of starting in the water. The fans misinterpreted on account of assuming that if civ's without a water bonus could start there, then more than 2 should start there.

7. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

The Chungsu seeding is a shade darker then the other factions because of its appearantly manipulative and ruthless mission leader. That doesn't necessarily imply the sponsor itself upholds the same values.

8. Verviedi

Verviedi Chieftain

Could someone direct me to the full fluff? All I can find is the one communication between the doctor and Han.

9. Shidan

Shidan Chieftain

Taking another read through the article introducing Han Jae Moon, it is quite apparent the connection between Chungsu and the ocean. They seem to use it for some sort of meditation that is critical for their operatives. And their bases sound like they are under-sea facilities.

I am also curious as to what Chungsu's objectives are as well as Han Jae Moon's. Chungsu's objectives appear to be secret, and Han Jae moon has determined what they are. With this knowledge he seems to have "rigged" the tests so that he would be chosen over any other candidates. As well as potentially sabotaging, blackmailing, and poisoning the other candidates.

This espionage theme to him explains the spy bonuses. Though they feel like they would have worked perfectly for a non aquatic sponsor. So the water element feels a little tacked on.

10. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I think the water element is meant to make this civ a little more unique. If you just have the spy bonus, then the civ is just ARC-2. By making them start on water to take advantage of the new water gameplay, you make the civ a bit more interesting since they not just have the spy trait but also start on water with all the differences than water gameplay brings.

11. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

We know that each sponsor has their own fear/respect requirements for relationships. I am guessing that Moon will have a pretty high requirement to get an alliance since he will most likely be very suspicious of other leaders.

12. BevHeartMuncher

BevHeartMuncher Chieftain

Or, he will have really low requirements, and backstab you with zero hesitation ;)

13. Veras

Veras Prince

They also counterbalance NSA, given that Hughes will be more than happy to integrate his ocean colony to the land and other colonies.

Chungsu, on the other side, would be an isolationist colony far into the ocean, where few adventure themselves to sail over there and even fewer know about what happen in those waters.

14. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

While the NSA's bonus is null for cities on land, Chungsu's bonus is good for land or sea cities. So I could see Chungsu having a more even mix of land and sea more than the NSA.

15. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

I'd like some help finding where the new faction's bonuses are mentioned also...anyone?
    ===============================

Oooops, Found 'em easily enough, sorry ignore post, no response needed now.

16. Shidan

Shidan Chieftain

IIRC most of that info has only been translated from the korean article. No English source as far as I know.

http://ruliweb.daum.net/news/view/75181.daum

EDIT: Ninja'd by you yourself. :)

17. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

That's boring though. He's supposed to be a master manipulator. He should be easy to enter into alliances with, but always ready to backstab you should it suit his interests.

Not that he'll get that far. Without a tactical water bonus like NSA, Chungsu ocean cities will fall much more easily to enemy attack. He's an aggressive leader without the bonuses to back it up.

18. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

Thanks anyway, its appreciated. :goodjob:

19. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

Note : Due to English site already arrange his name in western convention (according the Korean source and screenshot). He should be call Moon Han-Jae or Moon or Leader Moon, or calling him Mun is you feel some journalist may confuse it with Earth's natural satellite.
    I suppose his water cities wouldn't any weaker than other sponsor but NSA. If his diplomatic AI end up causing him to be ganged on by other AI in every game then I wouldn't blame his UA or uniques.

20. ggmoyang

ggmoyang King

Could be mistake on Korean press too, since the Doctor's name is Park Jae Moon... where Park is 3rd common-est(? I don't know proper word for this :( ) family name in Korea.