• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Has anyone of you emigrated?

I most probably never will. Denmark is awesome. I want to live other places temporarily though.

Mmm. Danish Bacon ;)

Well i am pretty sure that actually living in England, again, won't be a problem. Of course in every society where you are a foreigner there are some issues, but England is not the worst zenophobic place by far.

However i was just beginning to break through as a writer, and now don't know what will happen. Also actually moving to England will take time, i cannot just move there and hope for a job, i have to plan and apply and go to interviews.

Anyway, i still hope that it can be avoided. Maybe it is just the tragic climax before the final katharsis. Who knows.

I don't think you should move away just yet. Wait until the referendum actually takes place. That said, you should make plans just in case it becomes a necessity.

As for me, haven't emigrated. But might consider it.

South Africa, via Holland to UK. Some regrets, and I do miss the weather, but I go back often enough not to still want to return. I'd definitely choose UK as a home any day, but I've been SO rediculously lucky I'm not a great yardstick.

First generation Japanese here. Moved to the US when I was a kid. It's funny sometimes to see people who are like "OMGJAPANANIMESYO", when it's not as the animes and mangas show. I dunno some people take the grass is greener deal seriously I guess. I love the food there.

I do have plans to work in Afganistan a bit to make some tax free bucks. Also Antarctica if I can get time off to work as a controller down there :)

And if things don't turn out as you expected, just pack and get on the next plane back home. Or better yet, try some other place! The world is huge and awesome, there is no need to be limited by accident of birth to a single place, especially if that place is severely limiting your opportunities, as surely is the case in Greece. If I was Greek I would leave as soon as possible, the horizon for your country is very dark indeed.

Unless, of course, if you have to work towards it for a full 9 years, no interruption, before you are eligible for a permanent residency, simply because you were born in the wrong country...

I live in the Netherlands, but I'm born in Israel. I don't think it really counts as "emigration" though, since I didn't choose to do so and I am a Dutch citizen by birth. I do consider emigration to the UK, Canada or the US.

What makes you want to leave the NL?

I've only emigrated from province to province within Canada. (BC->Alberta->New Brunswick)

Top Bottom