Hello Everyone. Why does Brazil always take Fascism?

Do you guys honestly think the AI developers spend time to fine tune every civ to their preferred victory condition? They will just apply a catch all strategy & that catch all strategy will first of all focus on defense against military conquest. Cultural, religious & science victories will just come as a side product.

I can only say that civs in Rise and Fall have much better “tuned” AI that vanilla civs. They use more systems, and more variety is implemented. It looks like devs actually learned how to use the systems more efficiently.
Vanilla civs have mostly basic behavior, i.e. preferred techs, civics and wonders.

Going for a victory is not a product of a deliberate civ design but a byproduct of performing good in a specific area. This ofc can be a result of the civ design (like Korea going for science yields like crazy), but mostly is just a result of randomness.

I can only say that civs in Rise and Fall have much better “tuned” AI that vanilla civs. They use more systems, and more variety is implemented. It looks like devs actually learned how to use the systems more efficiently.

You sure about that? This statement does not comply with the observable reality of the AI, as of now.

If OP is talking about players suggesting choosing Fascism for Brazil as the late game government, that's because AIs almost unanimously choose Fascism, and you want to have the same government as AIs for cultural victory (no tourism penalty and better relationships => easier open borders).

Not everyone plays Small Maps on Settler difficulty.

Normally normal players on standard/large maps on deity difficulty never experienced AI choosing Facism, nor do they experience AI research Ideology. Removed the example to make a better understanding.

Last edited:
Normally normal players on standard/large maps on deity difficulty never experienced AI choosing

Facism, nor do they experience AI research Ideology, for example, me.

I don't think that's true of "normal" players. According to steam, only 4.7% of players have a deity win. Of course, only 42.1% of players have the achievement for Settler so that means 58% of players have never even finished a game while logged into steam.

and you want to have the same government as AIs for cultural victory

I know about the government bonus (or I should say penalty), but I still would choose Democracy every time for the card slots. Cultural heritage is an important card, as well as online communities(though I often win before I get this).

Welcome,
My belief is the AI chooses government based on what it is doing.
For tier 2 governments it is monarchy or theocracy for the majority because they are going religious.
For tier 3 they probably assess that they have no chance of getting CV or SV and the default military is then taken with facism.

Some reasoning like this is more likely that “a bug”

Normally normal players on standard/large maps on deity difficulty never experienced AI choosing Facism, nor do they experience AI research Ideology, for example, me.

I will never understand the need for posting stuff like this. It's like... humble-bragging about the size of your manhood, while being a mere centimetre ahead of the average. "Wait you never finished a game before turn 145??? You let the AI reach the renaissance era? LOLOLOL N00B. A normal player such as *I*, for example, always plays to finish the game as quickly as possible" like a of all) no one freaking cares what you and your posse of freaks accomplish in the dark corners of LAN partydom b) of all CONGRATULATIONS YOU BEAT A BROKEN UNFINISHED GAME WITH AN INCOMPETENT AI ON THE HIGHEST SETTING (which isn't even that high compared to civ5 & civ4's deity)!!! I HOPE YOU'RE JUSTIFIED IN FEELING ALL SMUG WITH YOURSELF!!!!

in sum, your complacency is at an 11 and it should be at a 4 right now.

Now carry on~

Last edited:
And voila... Kongo takes Democracy. Firaxis really needs to fix this.

Attachments

• 20190107005221_1.jpg
    20190107005221_1.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 111
Not everyone plays Small Maps on Settler difficulty.

I will never understand the need for posting stuff like this. It's like... humble-bragging about the size of your manhood, while being a mere centimetre ahead of the average. "Wait you never finished a game before turn 145??? You let the AI reach the renaissance era? LOLOLOL N00B. A normal player such as *I*, for example, always plays to finish the game as quickly as possible" like a of all) no one freaking cares what you and your posse of freaks accomplish in the dark corners of LAN partydom b) of all CONGRATULATIONS YOU BEAT A BROKEN UNFINISHED GAME WITH AN INCOMPETENT AI ON THE HIGHEST SETTING (which isn't even that high compared to civ5 & civ4's deity)!!! I HOPE YOU'RE JUSTIFIED IN FEELING ALL SMUG WITH YOURSELF!!!!

in sum, your complacency is at an 11 and it should be at a 4 right now.

Now carry on~

I don't quite understand what you're trying to express in these 2 quotes. Are you trying to express " Everyone who plays better than me is just showing off, everyone who plays worse than me can just play small maps on settler difficulty. And I'm the real Lord of Civ6 " ?

And voila... Kongo takes Democracy. Firaxis really needs to fix this.
And this is what builders like. Communism.

Very good find. FXS should be ashamed of so many, basic yet horrible bugs. On top of that, their policy of "one patch per season" as if the product were polished enough...

EDIT: and I bet the bug is a missing /100 for the modifier... :rolleyes:

It's objectively the best government.

Wait no, this isn't the hearts of iron forum. Hmm.

Maybe still true in Civ though. Military strength has a way of making other strength less meaningful.

It's objectively the best government.

Wait no, this isn't the hearts of iron forum. Hmm.

Maybe still true in Civ though. Military strength has a way of making other strength less meaningful.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Even the HoI4 AI shines compared to this one...

@Infixo : did you try dividing the modifier by 100 instead of just eliminating it? That component should still have an influence in the valuation, or else we are swinging the pendulum the other side of the imbalance/bug... and I am more confident today than yesterday that it is a stupid, missing /100

Last edited by a moderator:
Fascism is actually useful if you give it a chance. (whoops). The problem is that it's generally overkill against the AI and you're better off by using your massive economy to win the game already.

Another thing is that military cards are in general very underrated for some reason. It's been passed around a lot but I think it gets repeated for no good reason and then people get deceived into thinking diplomatic slots actually matter and take terrible governments like Classical Republic or Monarchy. Logistics and National Identify are very strong cards. When combined with double combat legacies and GGs, this is very broken. I honestly think they need to nerf the crap out of Oligarchic Legacy. But then again the AI probably puts random cards in, so maybe this point is moot.

But honestly, if you like Oligarchy, why wouldn't you like Fascism?

Last edited:
Top Bottom