Help with Pirates! Yarr! by Paasky

As a means to entice the AI to build a variety of ships and limit the numbers of the largest ships which would be more historical you could have Ships of the Line auto produced only. As far as upgrading ships goes you might want to make that on the costly side because only the human player upgrades units.

As a means to entice the AI to build a variety of ships and limit the numbers of the largest ships which would be more historical you could have Ships of the Line auto produced only. As far as upgrading ships goes you might want to make that on the costly side because only the human player upgrades units.

I gave that much thought. I indeed want to make the upgrades costly to limit the number of top of the line vessels. Remember though, this scenario is being designed as a multi-player scenario and ideally, all players will be human players and the AI will not be a factor. Of course, that will be the ideal situation.

This is my Pirates folder, I uploaded in-game graphs up to turn40 for the Neitherlands
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x54/Eclipse4449/Pirates/

Monarch Level Netherlands
Has 1 shield
Bonaire, Virgin Islands, Aruba,

Has 2 shields
St Maarten

Unhappy
Curacao @ size 5

Rotterdam and Namibia produced a Coastal Battery 16# every turn and at a steady rate less often a Pirate Battery is produced at both

Sloop moves threw ocean with no problems, including ending a turn

Pirate Code Tech Icon outside of Tech screen

City Defender Unit can be built in Curacao, Virgin Islands, St Maarten But not in Aruba, Bonaire, these cities nearby each other. They seem to have the same builds available as capitol

Rotterdam and French Capitol (Bayonne) culture expands. These cities touch but Bayonne wins the culture push. Rotterdam already not having full cross expansion

Settlers produced again on turn 18.

Turn 20 according to my gaming ability at this point I can begin expansion. The Islands are strengthened and have an adequate amount to assault a neighboring city.

The Pirates Destroy 80% of everything I was sending to and from St Maarten

Turn40 was my 2nd attempt to transport enough power from European cities to begin taking nearby coastal cities like Saa Juan. It could have been done a bit earlier but at huge risk.

Netherlands gets the Plague @ turn 22 for 5 turns I think. It worked nice because you couldn’t risk entering that city for fear of spreading it

turn54 a pirate worker is auto produce @ Namibia and Rotterdam

turn 59 can not get a worker to New Rotterdam or build one in the city, it begins to starve at size 3

Request Cattle bonus on bonus grassland where cities have trouble growing/producing (it is the most powerful combination available

This is my Pirates folder, I uploaded in-game graphs up to turn40 for the Neitherlands
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x54/Eclipse4449/Pirates/

Monarch Level Netherlands
Has 1 shield
Bonaire, Virgin Islands, Aruba,

Has 2 shields
St Maarten

Unhappy
Curacao @ size 5

Rotterdam and Namibia produced a Coastal Battery 16# every turn and at a steady rate less often a Pirate Battery is produced at both

Sloop moves threw ocean with no problems, including ending a turn

Pirate Code Tech Icon outside of Tech screen

City Defender Unit can be built in Curacao, Virgin Islands, St Maarten But not in Aruba, Bonaire, these cities nearby each other. They seem to have the same builds available as capitol

Rotterdam and French Capitol (Bayonne) culture expands. These cities touch but Bayonne wins the culture push. Rotterdam already not having full cross expansion

Settlers produced again on turn 18.

Turn 20 according to my gaming ability at this point I can begin expansion. The Islands are strengthened and have an adequate amount to assault a neighboring city.

The Pirates Destroy 80% of everything I was sending to and from St Maarten

Turn40 was my 2nd attempt to transport enough power from European cities to begin taking nearby coastal cities like Saa Juan. It could have been done a bit earlier but at huge risk.

Netherlands gets the Plague @ turn 22 for 5 turns I think. It worked nice because you couldn’t risk entering that city for fear of spreading it

turn54 a pirate worker is auto produce @ Namibia and Rotterdam

turn 59 can not get a worker to New Rotterdam or build one in the city, it begins to starve at size 3

Request Cattle bonus on bonus grassland where cities have trouble growing/producing (it is the most powerful combination available

OK, I have noted your comments and looked at your saved gane. I see considerable expansion by all europeans except portugal. This is understandable as portugal has few colonies and only one location capable of producing settlers. I have fixed the errors mention with one exception ... No warships will have leathal land bombard. This would give the europeans a big advantage over the pirates as they could just sit offshore and bombard the pirates into oblivion.

Settlers now cost 3 pop

I have added or changed several units

I am still waiting for Tom to finish the reef and shipwreck graphics.
When that is finished I will upload the finished version for final testing.

In the meantime keep your playtesting reports coming.

I agree with the decision to limit bombardment to land as non lethal. It is actually more historically accurate that way.

Thanks BadKharma for the support. Glad you agree. I will be uploading the finished beta for review later today for final testing. Be sure to download it and let me know what you think needs changing or correcting.

D/L completed
started Portugal @ Emperor

@The Guardian I know there has to be areas in particular you would like looked at, whether it is a country in particular or how fast a particular country can amas a fleet, or battle VP points or treasure VP points or description of how certain units play out in the scenario.

I am here for anything you need

D/L completed
started Portugal @ Emperor

@The Guardian I know there has to be areas in particular you would like looked at, whether it is a country in particular or how fast a particular country can amas a fleet, or battle VP points or treasure VP points or description of how certain units play out in the scenario.

I am here for anything you need

Just enjoy the game and let me know how it plays. Let me know if you run into any errors or problems. If everything is working ok, I will start working on the civilopedia and try to finish that up then I can post it on the completed scenarios thread.

As the Swashbucklers, the ground units have movement sounds but not attacking sounds(Pirates vs French Matchock Musketman

I know it is designed as a human only game but the AI waste everyship they have to defeat the Shipwreck

Bombarding the 100/1000 shipwreck was 100% misses

Attacking Spains unit, they have attack sounds

I am considering setting up a website to facilitate a multi-player league for this scenario. Before I do so I would like to know how many players would be interested in establishing such a league.
Please comment

I am willing to play a total of 6 individual pirate games under only one condition, they all must be full with no AIs.

I know that seems like a lot but consider the time between you would receive the turn again and each turn last about an hour, multiply that by 6 games I'd probably get 4 turns a week at best. I literally wait and wait for turns having just over 30 pbem games. By February that will be reduced to close to 20 and then adding this or these pirate games.

I know this first game I'll be the Swashbucklers, the second The Undead, the third one of the European leaders and so on.

I recommend the "Google Wave" for Pirate games because of its conversation and multimedia power. You can do everything you do here 10 fold and see everything here threw it and everything you do there gets posted here if you like. Look at video 3m45s to see that part of video.

Anyway regardless of what/where ever I'm in.

ps I'm not 100% sure on this so forgive me if I'm wrong. Alpha centauri games in a pbem status can be loaded up in a multiplayer game envirenment and be played for hours, the last person that saves the game sends it to his next player and it again becomes pbem. I believe it can be done in C3C by emulating the turn/player order, although I have not done it

I am willing to play a total of 6 individual pirate games under only one condition, they all must be full with no AIs.

I know that seems like a lot but consider the time between you would receive the turn again and each turn last about an hour, multiply that by 6 games I'd probably get 4 turns a week at best. I literally wait and wait for turns having just over 30 pbem games. By February that will be reduced to close to 20 and then adding this or these pirate games.

I know this first game I'll be the Swashbucklers, the second The Undead, the third one of the European leaders and so on.

I recommend the "Google Wave" for Pirate games because of its conversation and multimedia power. You can do everything you do here 10 fold and see everything here threw it and everything you do there gets posted here if you like. Look at video 3m45s to see that part of video.

Anyway regardless of what/where ever I'm in.

ps I'm not 100% sure on this so forgive me if I'm wrong. Alpha centauri games in a pbem status can be loaded up in a multiplayer game envirenment and be played for hours, the last person that saves the game sends it to his next player and it again becomes pbem. I believe it can be done in C3C by emulating the turn/player order, although I have not done it

Eclipse, look on your civ III menu. Do you see MULTIPLAYER on your screen? I am talking real time multiplayer games via the internet. Have you ever used it? If not, I can talk you thru it.

Oh yes I've played many multiplayer games. this one is at least a 6+ hour game and these days I can't devote that kind of time to a single game. Its not out of the question but would take serious scheduling

Top Bottom