Historical Argument That Was In the Wrong Forum

Only until Constantine I became Emperor in 312, I believe. Then polytheism went out of fashion as fast as Hammerpants.
That's not true.
The Emperor Julian famously tried to bring back paganism, and pagan practices openly continued until Theodosius the Great effectively banned them. We have some anecdotal evidence of a pagan resurgence in the early 5th century following the sacking of Rome. Even later, we have records of traditional religions continuing in Egypt until the 5th century, and I believe one of Justinian's advisors in the drafting of the Corpus Juris Civilis was a pagan.

@Bugfatty300 I would disagree with that. Roman society had no problem adopting foreign gods - the Cult of Isis became exceptionally popular in Rome as Serapis. In general, the Roman view was that civilized people were rational, and rational people adopted Roman practices. There was also in general a respect for clearly ancient religions such as Hellenistic or Egyptian gods. Even Judaism enjoyed some respect as it was a clearly ancient religion. Further, in the Roman view, the farther from Rome you got, the less civilized the people were. The heat of the south and east made people lazy and decadent, while the cold of the north made them hot-blooded and irrational.

English translations from other languages I agree can turn out weird.
One of my history professors said that there is only one race, the human race, which I do agree. This was in my Holocaust class, and I am curious to what the word would "race" would be for in German, in relation to the context that we talked about in class?

@Henri Christophe. I want to discuss what we are trying to tell you in the other forum here.

I personally don't know much about Negro Abraham, but if he can lead the Seminole, it's fine. Just because he happens to be a Black Seminole does not mean that the majority of the Seminole tribe are. As stated the Seminole tribe existed long before the escaped slaves from Africa discovered them. Only a small majority of Seminole are mixed-race, with the majority of them still living in Florida, as opposed to the ones in Oklahoma. Still it's not enough to consider them a mix-race.
Sorry Hetaroi, I just see it now your question in this forum.

My point is, when they are living in Florida, they think about they self as Seminole.
A Black who move to Seminole land become a Seminole, everyone who lives as a Seminole is a Seminole. I guess is that what they are trying to say to Andrew Jackon when they are fighting.

But, after they lost this war, they move to Oklahoma where there is slavery, it is was the US South.
And start the same problem all mix-race nation can have, some will think they are more one race than another and BUM! Slavery inside Seminole comunnity.

Today there is 3 Seminole groups.
Florida's Seminole FULL MIX race
Oklahoma's Seminole more Native-heritage
Mexican's Seminole more Black-heritage

I want to share the video I first discover about the Seminole
I'm also learning, and I need to say who astonished to discover how controversial this issue can be. For me it was a cool thing, I though "Cool, Black and Native togethers, USA have cool stuffs...". I never expected soo many controversia.

And now I'm really enjoying the idea of Negro Abraham as Seminole Leader.
He is 50% mix race, he have this cool name who make everyone think how Black people was named at the time. But he can have strong Native features, I think he is just perfect.

I really hope the community can change their mind, Negro Abraham is a very good name to new era civilization, ACROSS ETHNICAL BOARDERS. We are all humans after all...

For me matter of race is not just biological one BUT rather a cultural one as well. Every race needs to have a different culture. So I am bit muffed you would think that Asians are same race as Maoris and mesoamerican people.

For me matter of race is not just biological one BUT rather a cultural one as well. Every race needs to have a different culture. So I am bit muffed you would think that Asians are same race as Maoris and mesoamerican people.

A racist German "scientist," whose been dead for almost 200 years told him so, so he figures it must be true... :p

A racist German "scientist," whose been dead for almost 200 years told him so, so he figures it must be true... :p
In New Zealand no sane people would say Maoris and Asians living in NZ are in same groups. We have different culture and different understanding of life. Heck for most of times Maoris get their own group separate from other groups like Europeans, and Asians ( Mostly Chinese, Koreans and Indians)

In New Zealand no sane people would say Maoris and Asians living in NZ are in same groups. We have different culture and different understanding of life. Heck for most of times Maoris get their own group separate from other groups like Europeans, and Asians ( Mostly Chinese, Koreans and Indians)

Maoris can only be argued any traceable or observable relation with Samoans, Tongans, Rotumans, Tuvaluans, Hawaiians, Tahitians and surrounding ethnicities in French Polynesia, Rapa Nuians, etc. Anyone else outside the Polynesian Triangle would be a REAL stretch of theory.

Maoris can only be argued any traceable or observable relation with Samoans, Tongans, Rotumans, Tuvaluans, Hawaiians, Tahitians and surrounding ethnicities in French Polynesia, Rapa Nuians, etc. Anyone else outside the Polynesian Triangle would be a REAL stretch of theory.
True and they do see these people as their cousins.

My landlord is a former amateur league rugby player, and he gives temporary employment for visas for other players from all around the world. He had a Samoan guy doing some work here for a while. You would NOT confuse him for an Asian by appearance.

I like your interpretation.

I guess one nation just need to have ONE THING!
Self Understanding.

I will ask to you, you are Maori? If you answer yes or not, I will agree... however for me.

BUT! What I think is very racist is saying someone isn't something.

If a bunch of Black, Natives and Spaniards in south Florida, at XIX century, said they are ALL SEMINOLE.
Why some White guy from 2020-USA will say they aren't?

My landlord is a former amateur league rugby player, and he gives temporary employment for visas for other players from all around the world. He had a Samoan guy doing some work here for a while. You would NOT confuse him for an Asian by appearance.
True. I lived in NZ for most of my life and meet many pacific Islanders ( Samoa Tonga etc ), Maori people and Asian people and they are VERY different.
I will ask to you, you are Maori? If you answer yes or not, I will agree... however for me.

BUT! What I think is very racist is saying someone isn't something.

If a bunch of Black, Natives and Spaniards in south Florida, at XIX century, said they are ALL SEMINOLE.
Why some White guy from 2020-USA will say they aren't?
I have to ask to they still they are are different from America?

True. I lived in NZ for most of my life and meet many pacific Islanders ( Samoa Tonga etc ), Maori people and Asian people and they are VERY different.

Yes, all people are special.
And Island nations create very special culture. I love all, I want to see all in this game
I believe all deserve a place in Civilization.

I have to ask to they still they are are different from America?
I guess they should answer, we are American and we are also Seminole.

Yes, all people are special.
And Island nations create very special culture. I love all, I want to see all in this game
I believe all deserve a place in Civilization.

I guess they should answer, we are American and we are also Seminole.
so I ask you
Do you think Asians and Maoris are same people?

so I ask you
Do you think Asians and Maoris are same people?
No, I don't think it
I just use this racist map because it was simple to argue my point of needed of representitive.

By the way, in this threat you will see I'm arguying about America diversity.
I also quote I cool guy saying about the Afro heritage from Caribe can be older than the Colombus Exchange.
I really think about the Olmec-Black heritage was real.

I like to use sources even if I don't agree 100% with it.

I see the Oceania as 3 Groups.
The melanesia, polinéisa and micronésia.
Inside the Polinésia had other groups as the Maori or Hawaii.
Inside the Hawaii have each island group
Inside each island have the neighbohood group and for last, the family group.

ALL are important.
And sometimes I just jump from one understanding to another, I guess is that the why it is a big fuss :lol:

And I love mix race groups because they just screw any previous understanding and we need to look it again, think about it again.

yeah and did Arkbur ever claim Mongolian land?
No
He ruled northern India and today's Pakistan and Afganistan. But where was Mongolia?
Mongolia today is a land lock country between Russia and China who write in Russich alphabet.
In fact did Mongal people recognise him as their leader?
I think yes, not the leader of the heart land of Mongolia, but Akbar was a leader of the last Mongol Empire in Asia.
Or have someother who survives longer? I don't think so...

Because if India Mongolia can't be considered Mongolia, why China Mongolia can be considered Mongolia with Kublai Khan?

And just one thing more,
About the Aztecs. They are in Mexico and call they self Mexicans.
Aztlan is nowadays New Mexico. Why we call the Aztecs as Aztecs if they wasn't in Aztlan, but in Mexico?

similar can be argued from old Greek monarchs House of Glücksburg, Are you going to say George I of Greece can be Danish King as well?
I don't know about European history very well, sorry.

think yes, not the leader of the heart land of Mongolia, but Akbar was a leader of the last Mongol Empire in Asia.
Arkbar started ruling in 1556
Yuan dynasty ( very last branch of Monlgal empire) fell 1368 Granted Chagatai Khanate didn't fell till 1687 BUT as you can see from map here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChagataiKhanate1300.png it didn't include land that Arkbar was controlling.
You don't know Asian history. Don't act like you know.

Arkbar started ruling in 1556
Yuan dynasty ( very last branch of Monlgal empire) fell 1368 Granted Chagatai Khanate didn't fell till 1687 BUT as you can see from map here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChagataiKhanate1300.png it didn't include land that Arkbar was controlling.
You don't know Asian history. Don't act like you know.
In that I can agree, I also don't know.
That is the why I always ask for sources. And just have one kind of source I can never complain about. Native Source.

When I search forمغول,I found

and also that.

You know why? Because I just do a QUICK search how to write Mongol in Persian and discover just have one world to both Mongal Empire.

Top Bottom