History Article: Macedonia and Tzar samuil.

That is true, but thats a slavic prefix on the last name, and the Slavs came to the Balkans around the 8th century. Alexander clearly wasn't Slavic.

Eighth century? I suggest you do some more research in this matter and stop throwing in some of your anti Serbian comments. Serbia at least was a Real Country in the past, unlike Bosnia. Next thing you are going to claim is that Kosovo also is and was an independent country, bwahahahhaa

Of course it didn't. It happened much earlier, like from the start of the 4th century. By the 7th, they were a majority in most parts of the peninsula, including in some cities of the empire. I have no idea where you get your history from, but it is fascinating.

Which "some cities of the empire"? And which "empire"?
You think Roman empire?
Who lived there before they come with intentions to conquer that land for themselves?
History is not something that starts with Romans. We were there much before Romans.
And we still have "Knjige starostavne" where all is written.

Um...Did he just say that the Slavs were much before the Romans? I ask because I haven't slept in a while and I might be slowly going bathorsehocky insane.

(Can I have a bat?)

Um...Did he just say that the Slavs were much before the Romans? I ask because I haven't slept in a while and I might be slowly going bathorsehocky insane.

(Can I have a bat?)
Yes, that is what Miroslav I said. "We were there much before Romans." That is, obviously, utter crap.

So can you tell us who were already lived here before Romans?
When you make a claim, the onus is on you to provide evidence to support the claim, not on me to disprove your claims. But since you asked, the common thesis is that the Slavs migrated into the region in the 6th and 7th centuries, and that the original inhabitants of Ancient Macedonia were Thracians, Illyrians, Bryges, and Paionians. They were later displaced by Dorian invaders, who formed the state of Macedon. This is hardly new information.

Source.

We also know for a fact that the Slavs were a new migratory group that only entered the region of Macedonia in the 6th century because they ran into the Byzantines, who recorded their arrival. So they certainly weren't there before the Romans.

Source.

Before Illyrians and Thracians, the original inhabitants of Macedonia were rebel Shoggoths, from Antarctica.
Which is why the future tribes were termed Goths. "Sho(g)" is ancient slav term for "pre". It was all passed down as legacy of the south slavic migratory groups, but their migration happened in prehistoric times.

When you make a claim, the onus is on you to provide evidence to support the claim, not on me to disprove your claims. But since you asked, the common thesis is that the Slavs migrated into the region in the 6th and 7th centuries, and that the original inhabitants of Ancient Macedonia were Thracians, Illyrians, Bryges, and Paionians. They were later displaced by Dorian invaders, who formed the state of Macedon. This is hardly new information.

Source.

We also know for a fact that the Slavs were a new migratory group that only entered the region of Macedonia in the 6th century because they ran into the Byzantines, who recorded their arrival. So they certainly weren't there before the Romans.

Source.

I checked links and they both support theory of "The great migrations of The Slavs" and also use bunch of Latin and Greek names for Slavic tribes in their maps.

Yes, well, the Slavs weren't smart enough to invent their own alphabet in 7th century.

For some reason.

They weren't smart enough to invent it in the 9th either, but surely they were already quite aware of the benefits of a more centralized rule and statehood in general.

That, I cannot deny. Unfortunately for some people that concept is difficult to grasp, and any attempt to make them believe otherwise results in violent reactions.

Here a lot of interesting info about Slavs in Greece, posted by a Greek user:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...vs-in-Greece&p=2758998&viewfull=1#post2758998

For example:

Let's see the sources chronologically and see what has actually happened. I divide this post in 3 parts to discuss:

(...)

6) In the late 11th century, the Patriarch Nicholas Grammatikos describes the Slavic colonization of the Peloponnese in a letter to emperor Alexios Komnenos with the words:

«Έπί διακοσίοις δεκαοκτώ χρόνοις όλοις κατεσχόντων την Πελοπόννησον, και της Ρωμαϊκής αρχής αποτεμομένων, ως μηδέ πόδα βαλείν όλως δύνασθαι εν αυτή Ρωμαίον άνδρα»

"For 218 years that the Slavs have held Peloponnesus cut off from the Roman empire so that no Roman could set his foot in the region"

7) When Emperor Michael Palaiologos decided to launch the reconquista of the Peloponnese from the Franks (late 13th century), when he arrived in Mistras, the first to welcome him were the Slavs of Taygetos and the Tsakones of Parnon. The Frankish rulers of Peloponnese in the french version of the "chronicle of Morea" describe these Slavs as "un gent de voulentè et n'obeissent a nul seignor" (Livre de la Conqueste de la Princèe de l'Amorèe) "a people with guts who don't obey in no master". Plus, they write that they had conquered all of Peloponnese except the Slavs of Taygetus. We are later told that the same Slavs of Taygetus had liberated the city of Kalamata from the Franks and restored it to the Byzantine control.

Source.

Source.

Sixth and seventh centuries, exactly, not in eighth, like the anti Slavic Bosniak wrote in his post. Being from Bosnia he obviously is an Anglo Saxon, lol!

The biggest question I have is why do you care? If the whole world acknowledges "Macedonia" as Greece why argue with them? Its just like the Serbs keep claiming that Bosnia is Serbia and that Tvrtko I is a Serbian king because he crowned him self in mileševo, while everyone knows he crowned himself in Mile Visoko. We don't care, because we know they're wrong.

Everyone knows that? Who do you mean by everyone? You and the Bosnian Nationalist Party perhaps? I swear to you not too many others(outside former Yugoslavia)
I researched this and it turns out this king proclaimed himself king of Bosnia and Serbia, so once again, those who say Serbia and Bosnia are one and the same have a point.
On the other hand, I don't know why I bother.

Before Illyrians and Thracians, the original inhabitants of Macedonia were rebel Shoggoths, from Antarctica.
Which is why the future tribes were termed Goths. "Sho(g)" is ancient slav term for "pre". It was all passed down as legacy of the south slavic migratory groups, but their migration happened in prehistoric times.

So you, and all the other Greeks think of yourselves so highly!. Let's see...
...Your predecessors called every nation which didn't speak Greek "Barbarians". When Alexander arrived to compete in the games at Olympia he had to prove his Hellenistic heritage, which he did, claiming his ancestors came from Argos, despite that, the other competitors still called him a "Barbarian".

His father, Philip, brought over Greek families to Macedonia to enhance it's image as a Greek state. In order to achieve his planned conquest of the Persian Empire he had to have good relations and some help with/from the southern Greek states, the only way to achieve that was to seem as Greek as possible. Why? Because of your lack of tolerance towards other tribes.

Your Macedonia was a mixture of Greek, Paeonian, Illyrian and Thracian Peoples, not at all a native, ancient and full blooded Greek state at all.

Your Great Nation, before this mixture of Greeks, Illyrians and Thracians from Macedonia unified it and consolidated it into a real country, was nothing but a bunch of city states, almost constantly at vicious war with one another.

So your predecessors invented Democracy you claim?

Yes, they did, what you forget to add is that it was a totally Sexist Democracy!. In ancient Greece women could not leave their homes without their husbands approval, could not even glance at their husband's male guests, never mind having the right to vote!.
You know what I call that type of Democracy? A Taliban Democracy!!

Ps. Greece will still be my favorite civ to play as in the game, the country is stunningly beautiful and a must see for everyone who loves ancient history, warmth and good wine.

Top Bottom