• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

History's most Brutal Dictators?

Most Brutal Dictator?

• Hitler

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • Stalin

Votes: 56 26.7%
  • Mao

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • Mussolini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pol Pot

Votes: 59 28.1%
  • Hussein

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Kim Jong II

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Napoleon

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Voldemort

Votes: 19 9.0%

• Total voters
I just calculated: Stalin killed circa 12% of the Russian population, mostly by famine.

Hitler I dunno, because it's hard to differentiate between Allied kills and ones killed by Germany.

Where's Chuck Norris

:lol:

i´d vote for him.

seriously, this poll is kind of ludicrous. all of these guys would have done whatever necessary to achieve their objectives.
so what´s the criterion to vote on?

most kills? direct or indirect?
lunacy?
insanity?
ruthlessness?

I query this.

howsoever, Ceauşescu is missing. that guy was weird.

I voted for Mao. I heard a concert pianist had his fingers smashed with a mallet for playing "western" music. While that's not as bad as the "medical experiments" Hitler put people through, it does make it clear that he wanted people to go through as much pain as possible. Plus, the sheer volume of people he killed was simply insane. Also, I've noticed that nobody's voted for Mussolini. Let's face it, the man was a pussycat. (Compared to Mao at least)

My own list of dangerality of each dictator:

1. Stalin
2. Pol Pot
3. Hitler
4. Mao
5. Kim Jong Il
6. Saddam Hussein
7. Mussolini
8. Napoleon

I'd have Pol Pot for the seemingly totally arbitrary nature of his brutality. hitler and Stalions idealised societies, (however much you hate them), were achievable, and were something at least some sectors of both societies would aspire to. Pol Pot's dream society, however, was hell on Earth for all.

I think Hitler had a much, much worse effect on the world than any of the other dictators, but thats not what were debating. It's worth noting that of all the dictators listed above, only Josef Stalin left his country stronger by the time of his death, almost immeasurably stronger. but he did indeed do many evil things to achieve that.

I voted for Mao. I heard a concert pianist had his fingers smashed with a mallet for playing "western" music. While that's not as bad as the "medical experiments" Hitler put people through, it does make it clear that he wanted people to go through as much pain as possible.
No it doesn't. Causing pain is not inherently indicative of sadism. It makes it clear that he was an egotistical control-freak, sure, but that's not the same thing.

For Me The Worst Was Hussein He Kille Kurds With Gas Attacks and Killed People He "Thought" Where Traitors

Here They are

1.Hussein
2.Hitler
3.Mussulini
4.Stalin (Althought I Agree With Communism)
5.Pol Pot
6.???
7.???
8.???
9.???
10.???

Hmm>.. Let me Rearange That......

1.Pol Pot
2.Hitler
3.Stalin
4.Hussein
5.Musolini
6.Mao
7.Kim jong Il
8.Napoleon
9.Who The Hell is Voldemot?

Voldemort is Harry Potter's nemesis. The "wacky choice" that's traditional in OT.

Top Bottom