1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Hitler & Mussolini

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by el_hidalgo, Dec 28, 2008.

1. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Weren't these supposed to be finished by now?

The reason I ask is because I am putting out an Italy module and I wanted to compare this Mussolini to the one I am going to use. They look pretty similar actually.

2. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Chieftain

Yes. :(

My reply must be at least 10 characters I guess. :crazyeye:

3. smeagolheart

smeagolheart Monarch

Any news on the leaderheads?

4. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

...shoulda paid me to make them. :mischief:

5. smeagolheart

smeagolheart Monarch

Still dead?

6. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I would say so. If you still have the models I'm sure someone around here would be interested in bringing them to life.

7. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Chieftain

Well, Hitler is proving difficult, but I have Musso and a few others (Saud, Smuts, Fraser and Curtin). However, I am having a hard time getting them to work in the game. :cry: If anyone wants to give them a shot, they can be downloaded here:

civheaven.com/LEADERHEADS.rar

8. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

well the mussolini i can see some smoothing. but are the rest mostly reskins? personally I think my curtin is better. whsat probs are you havingin game? did you do the "nif-swap"?

9. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Chieftain

No.... I didn't even know what that was until you mentioned it. The problem was that they (or at least the Musso) would crash the game on the leaderhead selection screen. Ugh.... I don't suppose you'd want to "nif-swap" them and post them? :mischief:

The rest are reskins, yes. They're meant to be somewhat generic modern leaderheads. Or rather modern versions of older-era leaderheads.

10. smeagolheart

smeagolheart Monarch

Any luck salvaging this Ekmek or anyone else?

11. smeagolheart

smeagolheart Monarch

A promising start but seems to be dead now

12. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

If the models were posted I'm sure one of us can come up with it. But he hadn't posted the Hitler model and from what I can tell the Mussolini model is basically Ekmek's.

13. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Chieftain

Not dead! But they do need a skilled triage doctor to stitch them up and get them to the battlefield. Hitler is actually done, along with several other LH's. But I can't make them work. I'm not sure what the problem is. It might be this "nif swap" thing. I downloaded Blender and Nif Skope but I couldn't even open the files for some reason. So either I need to figure it out, the designer needs to figure it out, or maybe some kind and generous soul here can figure it out (hint, hint :mischief:). If anyone here can help, that would be great. Otherwise I will ask the designer to, but I'd rather spend his time creating more models, if possible.

Attached Files:

14. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I got it to work in NifSkope, I haven't tried him in blender yet because I don't quite have time. But you have to fix the directories for the art files so you can see what he looks like. I think his face needs to be retextured and an armband needs to be added but its a pretty good Hitler. I can finish it if you want. And you don't even have to pay me!

EDIT: Actually if anybody would volunteer to help me retexture his face and hair a bit that'd be awesome and we could probably get this thing up within a few days.

15. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Chieftain

Thanks! If you want to finish it out, sure, go for it. Any hey, the price is right too. :goodjob:

I will take a better look at the directories. What happens is, I add the LH, then when I select it in the start-up screen the game crashes.

16. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

What the hell did you guys do???????????????????

this after the nifswap didnt work and i reimpported into blender, exported then did the nifswap. its like a jigsaw.

17. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Oh no! Is that what happens when you put him in game?

Very disheartening. Any ideas as to why that happened Ekmek?

18. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Chieftain

Yikes, that is not good. :sad:

19. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Chieftain

This looks kind of like what was happening when they were first trying to add glossmaps to leaderheads. Blender has a way of getting rid of gloss and normal maps, and it looks like they didn't do it right. I'd suggest removing the gloss/normal/diff maps and make one from scratch.
    Here's what one of C. Roland's attempts looked like for a comparison.

20. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

So ultimately you are saying this LH is salvageable?

I don't know much about glossmaps though, so we might need some help on this. Also what LH was that in your image?