1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hitler & Mussolini

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by el_hidalgo, Dec 28, 2008.

1. smeagolheart

smeagolheart Monarch

Ouch a couple months, this thing has been in development since last year and we have to wait a few more months. Not great for people used to getting stuff quick, guess patience is the word unless someone else was working on it and just not piping up. :cool:

2. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Well, I just have so much I am working on at the moment that a couple of months is just the quickest I can possibly put it together. I know its a long time, and if I was waiting for it I'd be a little upset about that time frame. Someone else can make it but there aren't really many active leaderhead makers out there, and my own time is very limited right now. But with patience you shall have a new and polished Hitler.

3. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Emperor

I don't see a reason for impatience here. There are already Hitler leaderheads out there, and even though they may not be perfect, they will work as perfectly fine place holders imo. There's justification for there not being enough leaderhead makers to do requests, but they shouldn't ask for one that's already been done (several times over.) (Which enters my belief that others should try it out on their own, its quite cool to make a leaderhead of your own!)

I know The Capo will make a great Hitler, and I know I'd like to check it out, but I think I can wait to see how it turns out. I know I probably couldn't (or at least take the time to) make a Hitler better than what's out there, and only a few people around here could, so I doubt anyone new will come along and take the project before Capo.

I might sound a bit angry, but its getting a bit on my nerves how people (at least sound like) they expect to get everything they ask for. This is a hobby, not a job, and until someone starts paying him to make these, I say give The Capo a break! And some encouragement, as that's about as much validation as one gets making these things.

So I say, thank you for all you have contributed to the modding community here, The Capo! Its greatly appreciated! :goodjob: :rockon: :beer: :worship: :clap: :thumbsup:

(again I apologize for the rant, but I'm not in the best of moods right now and this is helping me blow off some steam. :sad: )

4. smeagolheart

smeagolheart Monarch

The Capo will make a great leaderhead when he has time to do it, he has stated a few times that he has many projects he's working on and a big backlog going, and of course as it's said this is a hobby not a job, he's the boss of his time.

I see that he's projecting to complete this "far" (relatively speaking of course :D ) in the future, whereas someone else focusing only on this one project, which a lot of people are interested in, could jump in there and give it a go.

I have hitler in my mod, as do a lot of folks. I feel the quality of the LH is not up to the quality of other leaderheads, either from Firaxis or otherwise.

From the screenshot at the beginning of this thread, I think this one will be the best.

5. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

I know this has appeared before, but for those of you who missed it, this is pencilgod's reskin of my Hitler:

I know Capo has already explained that he will make whichever LHs he chooses, which is perfectly fair, but I still think that's already pretty darn good.

6. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I acually use this Hitler in the current version of my mod, there are two problems I have with it though; the first is the arms, and I feel that it is pretty self-explanatory, and second is the fact that he looks like Napoleon. There are a bevy of LHs that are based on Napoleon, and they all look like it. Those are my main issues with the Hitler LHs that exist. Other than either one of those issues its a fantastic LH.

7. The_Coyote

The_Coyote Emperor

the problem was the SkinPartition. imported and reexported with the new beta Blender script (default option - afterwards removed the skinpartition - it seems leaderheads with model data stored as NiTriStrips don´t need it), nifswap in alexander.nif and it worked fine in the pedia with alexander animation (used this nif as alexander.nif). Btw it´s not Mussolini

and sorry The_Capo, the new script version is perhaps 5 hours old, so no change to inform you earlier. Attached is only the nif

(if somebody is willing he could also make a full shader model - create the textures, assingning them in nifskope etc.)

Attached Files:

8. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Sorry I am not very tech savvy (I don't really fully understand what you wrote). Does this mean that this file is a working Hitler? Could you maybe explain this for laymen?

9. smeagolheart

smeagolheart Monarch

I tried the NIF from The_Coyote along with the earlier files posted by El Hidalgo and it didn't work at first. Then I just pointed to Alexanders' kfm and it worked. I used the other Hitler's background in this screenshot (a bit off but easily fixed).

He has a bit o' pink on the inside of his mouth and his animations are the same tired alexander ones but he's purty I guess.

Spoiler :

Code:
    		<LeaderheadArtInfo>
    			<Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_HITLER</Type>
    			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/LeaderHeads/Hitler.dds</Button>
    			<NIF>Art/leaderheads/Hitler2/Hitler.nif</NIF>
    			<KFM>Art/leaderheads/Hitler2/alexander.kfm</KFM>
    			<NoShaderNIF>Art/leaderheads/Hitler2/Hitler.nif</NoShaderNIF>
    			<BackgroundKFM>Art/leaderheads/Hitler2/alexander_bg.kfm</BackgroundKFM>
    		</LeaderheadArtInfo>

Attached Files:

10. The_Coyote

The_Coyote Emperor

yes that was what i wanted to say (that this nifs works with alexander animation and the textures posted before),

the other aspect, was only a description why the model didn´t worked (broken into the different parts), the SkinPartition not worked correctly, if you see such an error it´s mostly caused by this. You could also recreated such an error/effect when recreating a SkinPartition in Nifskope by a vanilla non shader leaderhead [non shader settings] (atm on the to do list of the niftools teams - after releasing the final version 2.4.7 and new pyffi)

edit: could please somebody who knows that he only has a non shader graphic card (and therefore can´t display shader graphics) test this leaderhead (i´m interested if i counts as shader or non shader leaderhead (graphic engine wise) the way it was created) and report back

edit2: the pink inside the mouth are missing textures (it´s the teeth), the model also need all of alexanders (shader version) textures - didn´t saw this while swapping the model around

11. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I'm going to add an armband and try to change the animations on this one. Thanks a lot guys.

The only anims that work with Alexander are Tokugawa and Peter. Which one do you think would go better?

12. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Also, should I retexture his face a little or what?

13. MadmanOfALeader

MadmanOfALeader Deity

Tokugawa's animations are better. He's got sort of an evil look.

14. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Well, I added the armband to Hitler and changed his animations to Tokugawa's. The problem is I didn't test it before changing the animations (because I make LHs and I know what I'm doing, so I figured I didn't have to, but apparently I was wrong) and I can't get it to work. I posted the files I altered (so you can check if they work for you and let me know what I may have done wrong), an image of the error pop-up, an image of Hitler with an armand in NifSkope and here are BOTH the variations of the XML I used...

Code:
    		<LeaderheadArtInfo>
    			<Button>Art/LeaderHeads/hitler/hitler.dds</Button>
    			<NIF>art/LeaderHeads/hitler/hitler.nif</NIF>
    			<KFM>art/LeaderHeads/hitler/alexander.kfm</KFM>
    			<NoShaderNIF>art/Leaderheads/hitler/hitler.nif</NoShaderNIF>
    			<BackgroundKFM>art/LeaderHeads/hitler/hitler_bg.kfm</BackgroundKFM>
    		</LeaderheadArtInfo>

<LeaderheadArtInfo>
    			<Button>Art/LeaderHeads/hitler/hitler.dds</Button>
    			<NIF>art/LeaderHeads/hitler/hitler.nif</NIF>
    			<KFM>art/LeaderHeads/hitler/alexander.kfm</KFM>
    			<NoShaderNIF>art/Leaderheads/hitler/hitler.nif</NoShaderNIF>
    			<BackgroundKFM>art/LeaderHeads/hitler/alexander_bg.kfm</BackgroundKFM>
    		</LeaderheadArtInfo>

Neither of them worked. Hopefully someone can figure this out.

15. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

A little more clarification; I imported the Hitler.nif into blender, added the armband, saved it as ArmbandNif.nif and then nifswapped the armband onto the Hitler.nif. Which SHOULD work (because I've made like sixteen LHs or something and this is how I've always done it).

EDIT: I also want to make his hair a bit more brown, but I think with the bg, his hair, and his uniform on it will be too much brown. Any ideas for a different BG?

16. MadmanOfALeader

MadmanOfALeader Deity

How about Auschwitz or Dachau as a BG?

17. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Eh, that may be in poor taste.

18. smeagolheart

smeagolheart Monarch

19. smeagolheart

smeagolheart Monarch

@ The Capo: I got your files to work. The problem for you I think is the bg_kfm isn't working. I used napoleans (the one from the other hitler model actually) and your hitler works fine, although the texture for the armband isn't showing up and it's a bit odd to see hitler doing tokugawa's anims.

20. smeagolheart

smeagolheart Monarch