1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hitler & Mussolini

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by el_hidalgo, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Emperor

If it is the texture maps screwing with this leaderhead, then I would say so. Try using this tutorial and load up the LH. Then if want you can try Refar's tutorial to make a gloss map from scratch.

Using these tutorials, I think it shouldn't be too hard to fix him up. I probably won't do this, since I don't have Nifviewer and therefore I cannot make a gloss map and since I don't have a desire to use Hitler, I don't feel like removing the glossmap and probably don't have any more knowledge on how to go about this. If all else fails, I guess you could try importing and exporting from Blender, which should rid the gloss maps.

The leaderhead is C. Roland's Charlemagne.

2. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I'm pretty busy working on some modules and units right now. But if anyone who knows how to do this stuff wants to help out that'd be great. I can add the armband and stuff, or Ekmek probably could, but as far as I know texturing is not our strongest suits at all.

EDIT: In an ironic twist Hitler could bring this community together!!!

3. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Emperor

In an international sense this is ironic, but from a singular state's point of view, we may be working for Hitler's rise to power. (Maybe we should stop before we are influenced to commit mass genocide!):ar15: :run: :run: :lol:

Seriously though, it would be cool to see this finished even if I may never use it. :)

4. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Prince

Yes, it would be, then I wouldn't have to feel like I wasted my money. ;)

5. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Emperor

I'm purely curious and not trying to be an ass, but is this one of your friends or did you find him somewhere else? I'm wondering what kind of place/person hires out personal mod art.

6. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

thats new to me. attached is the nif i was using (its alexander.nif because i test in custom assets for easy game loading)

7. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Prince

He was referred to me through someone I met who knew I was looking for a designer. I wanted to get some things done but I don't have the talent or skills to do them myself.

I could have asked someone here but that would be slow because the other person is doing you a favor, assuming they will even do it in the first place. I could pay someone here but that seems very problematic, because it makes my projects the priority, which seems unfair to someone else who is maybe requesting a leaderhead but wasn't paying for it. So I decided to find someone outside the community. That way I'm not taking away from anyone else's projects, but rather adding to the community by bringing in someone who otherwise would not be involved.

Yeah, it's unusual I guess, but like I say it's my hobby, so why not? Time is money, after all, and people spend a lot of time on this, which is equivalent to a lot of money, so maybe it's not that unusual after all. :D

8. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Emperor

Hmm, interesting. You're very right this is rather unusual, hence the great curiosity. :D

9. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I also have no idea how to do the glossing or whatever you are talking about. So if someone could just download the file Ekmek posted and help us out that would be extremely awesome. When that is done I can add an armband and try and get the face/hair retextured a bit and then I think we're all in business (well at least those of us who want a new Hitler).

10. Vrenir

Vrenir King

I know that the Mussolini was mostly a retexture, but did they by any chance fix the medals and/or the hat? Both looked a little "off" in the old version, though the face was just about perfect.

11. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Damn, I thought we almost had a new Hitler. Damn it!

12. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

if you check out the nif in nif skope you can see its just alexander with a redone nose and chin. plus an added mustache and degaulle's suit. you might be able to do it ;)

13. Luckmann

Luckmann Esusian Epicure

That's like saying that Corsets and high hairdos look ridiculous. Well.. they do. But my point is that it was the style of the time. Relatively speaking, Uncle Adolph was quite fashionable.

It's not like we haven't got plenty of ridiculous fashion fads of our own time. :p

14. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Emperor

Since when was genocide 'the fad' of the 40s??????!!!!!!!

15. Healz

Healz General

Actually, it only really started being frowned on after WW2. Up to then there are numerous examples of it, the American Indians and the Americans, the Zulus and the British to name some more recent examples of it being considered mainstream. The horror about the massacre of the Jews may have come from the scale, and the fact that there was no they are attacking us to justify it, as had been used...

16. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Emperor

Maybe, but to compare Hitler to a fasionable fad is a bit extreme, imo.

17. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Well, my time has become extremely limited lately. As you can see I am not belting out six LHs at a time like I once was. But if nobody else will do it I can get around to it at some point in time. I'd like to have a new Hitler in the next version of my mod. I also seem to have agreed to do Robespierre as well. I'm such a pushover when it comes to requests. :sad:

18. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I have decided to take on this hitler job. Before I do though, do you think this thing is salvageable? I'm not good with textures AT ALL, so basically I am asking whether or not the texture will work if I remade the model?

I think all of the parts (between Chuggi's Hitler and this one) exist for the "perfect Hitler" that everyone's been after. I'm actually surprised, now that I think about it, that a quality-Hitler hasn't been made yet (no disrespect intended to the other Hitlers out there, but there are obvious flaws in all of them). So I guess I've signed up for the job. We'll see what I can come up with.

19. smeagolheart

smeagolheart Monarch

Any updates anyone working on this?

20. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I am going to make Hitler for my new mod, which is using a lot of stuff from some of the other Hitlers we have (including this one). But I won't be releasing it for a while since it is a pretty big mod. Give me me a couple of months and it'll be ready.