HOF Mod Support/Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Civ4Warlords.exe" mod=\hof-2.13.001
Does that work for you? Mine is: "C:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Civ4Warlords.exe" mod= mods\HOF-2.13.001

You only need the mod name. It should look for a mod of that name in both the Mods folders - the one in the Program Files path and the one in your user directory path.

Interesting HOF Mod problem. I can't change video resolution with the Vanilla HOF Mod loaded. I haven't tried the Warlords HOF mod to see if it has the same problem. Anyway, with the Vanilla HOF Mod loaded, when I change graphics resolution, Civ4 hangs. Its running, sucking up a good share of the processor, but nothing is happening. If I change resolution before loading the Mod, all is well. Not a show-stopper by any stretch, but interesting. I reproduced this consistently changing from Civ4 default resolution to 1600x1200. Didn't try any others.

Edit: This was after updating to the latest patches and the latest HOF Mods.

Interesting HOF Mod problem. I can't change video resolution with the Vanilla HOF Mod loaded. I haven't tried the Warlords HOF mod to see if it has the same problem. Anyway, with the Vanilla HOF Mod loaded, when I change graphics resolution, Civ4 hangs. Its running, sucking up a good share of the processor, but nothing is happening. If I change resolution before loading the Mod, all is well. Not a show-stopper by any stretch, but interesting. I reproduced this consistently changing from Civ4 default resolution to 1600x1200. Didn't try any others.

Edit: This was after updating to the latest patches and the latest HOF Mods.
Were you able to do it before or is this the first time you've tried? Also, are you using the Field of View option?

Were you able to do it before or is this the first time you've tried? Also, are you using the Field of View option?

Never tried before. Previously, I set the graphics resolution before I even knew about a HOF Mod. When the new patch was applied, the default resolution was set. Note to self: Check to see if anything in the ini file was reset. About the Field of View option: I don't have it set. I remember turning it on then off while in the options menu at one time. But, let me check quick... Graphics Options checkbox is off. The Field of View slider is present. Below it the Use Default checkbox is on.

But this seems reproducible. I just tried Warlords 2.13, loaded the HOF Mod, after the game restarted, clicked Go Back then Advanced and changed Resolution a few times. It was OK. :) I did the same with Vanilla 1.74, except that after loading the HOF Mod you don't need to click Go Back. Advanced is on the first menu after restarting. When I change the resolution, it hangs when you click Yes to Do You Want To Keep This Resolution? :(

Anyway, back to the game. The Americans must pay for their offenses against civilization. What offense? They are still alive.

Right click shortcut icon, go to properties.
Target should look something like this.

"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Civ4Warlords.exe" mod=\hof-2.13.001

This wasn't the question, the question was whether it could be put on the mod page for easy reference.

Is it too early to ask when this great mod will be implemented for BtS?

I have gotten so used to the alerts that I feel lost w/o them.

Thx
jonpfl

This wasn't the question, the question was whether it could be put on the mod page for easy reference.
Yes, that's a good idea. :goodjob: I think I prefer that option to the one we show now. (I think I remember some kind of issue there, so I don't recommend it anymore.)

Is it too early to ask when this great mod will be implemented for BtS?

I have gotten so used to the alerts that I feel lost w/o them.

Thx
jonpfl
I don't have a date for you, but I will say that I finally got a copy of BTS yesterday. (First day possible in the US. :gripe: ) So I have a lot of catching up to do. ;)

We'll try not to take too long if everyone promises not keep asking about it every day. :mischief:

I won't ask...I haven't even installed it yet :D Although, I just picked it up 25 minutes ago...the last copy my Gamestop had :eek: I guess I was just in time!

although, I'll be willing to help beta test it for you, once you get it going ;)

@Denniz - I tried setting up a HoF game and even with Lock Modifeid Assets checked I got the "Not valid for HoF play. Assets not original. Contact HoF staff"

The only thing that has changed is that I installed the 1.74 patch and the HoF-1.74.001 mod and the HoF-1.74.SGOTM5 mods for Vanilla. Warlords remains unpatched, no mods other than the HoF-2.08.004 and the standard Warlords mods are in the Mods folder.

This all started when I set up to play the SGOTM5.

Any thoughts other than uninstall and start over?

@Denniz - I tried setting up a HoF game and even with Lock Modifeid Assets checked I got the "Not valid for HoF play. Assets not original. Contact HoF staff"

The only thing that has changed is that I installed the 1.74 patch and the HoF-1.74.001 mod and the HoF-1.74.SGOTM5 mods for Vanilla. Warlords remains unpatched, no mods other than the HoF-2.08.004 and the standard Warlords mods are in the Mods folder.

are you able to open up the SGOTM5 save btw?

(assume you get this error message from HOF-1.74.001 ? if you try to make a new game with the SGOTM5 mod, then you will get this.. I didnt change the config lines that generate those messages to have the correct checksums since the message dont come with GOTM saves anyway)

SGOTM5 save opens just fine. And I can gen up a HoF-1.74 game as well, no problem.

Sorry, I forgot to specify that the problem exists in Warlords 2.08, not 1.74.

You could try deleting the HOF-Mod and reinstalling that. I don't know anything about SGOTM version of the mod but I don't think the should interfere with each other. Only something in the HoF-1.74.001 path or Vanilla Assets path should cause that error. Are you sure you are used HoF-1.74.001 mod?

@Bede: See my comment in the SGOTM 5 maintenance thread. You have to have a complete set of 1.61 + 2.08 files in one Civ4 folder structure to run a 2.08 locked assets game, as Warlords uses vanilla assets as well as its own.

Sorry, I forgot to specify that the problem exists in Warlords 2.08, not 1.74.

@Bede: See my comment in the SGOTM 5 maintenance thread. You have to have a complete set of 1.61 + 2.08 files in one Civ4 folder structure to run a 2.08 locked assets game, as Warlords uses vanilla assets as well as its own.

Ah, that makes a difference. You can't mix the patches that way.

You can also reference the BTS Issues thread. Post #4 shows the basic steps for a dual install. AlanH probably has more detail instructions, though. ;)

AlanH probably has more detail instructions, though. ;)

Not really. My knowledge of Windows Civ4 is all second hand. I think Ainwood posted some detailed instructions for dual installation in the GOTM forum->New Patches thread.

:thanx: gents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom