HOF Mod Support/Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Civ4 1.74 has _no_ problem loading 1.74.001 save files from the HOF, but I'm unable to load HOF 1.61.011 saves (at least the ones I tried). I also tried a 1.61.004 save and that failed too.

The save file load error:

"The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed."

I have Civ4 1.74 setup to automatically load HOF 1.74.001. I first tried loading the 1.61.011 save file with the HOF 1.74.001 mod loaded. When that failed, I tried loading the HOF 1.61.011 mod, followed by loading the 1.61.011 save file, but that didn't work either.

I don't have the HOF 1.61.004.

Any suggestions?

Sun Tsu Wu

My Civ4 1.74 has _no_ problem loading 1.74.001 save files from the HOF, but I'm unable to load HOF 1.61.011 saves (at least the ones I tried). I also tried a 1.61.004 save and that failed too.

Of course. Why would you expect this to work? If you want to load HOF 1.61 savefiles, you'll have to do a dual install where you have two separate copies of Civ4, one patched to 1.61 and the other to 1.74.

Whilst running MapFinder 1.6 I got the following error.

Attachments

• MapFinderError.JPG
    MapFinderError.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 116
Whilst running MapFinder 1.6 I got the following error.
You probably need to update your Map Finder paths, etc. in the HOF Ini File. On opening Civ4_Map_Finder.exe, it will usually prompt to do that for you. You also need to stop Civ4 when you want to change paths or rule files.

I'm trying the latest HOF with BTS and have a weird problem - once I go into the options screen, it won't close. Things don't freeze up - I can click option pages and checkboxes all day, but clicking exit doesn't exit and "esc," spacebar, and "enter" don't help. The only way out of the dialog seems to be alt-tab and kill the app. (The options screen works fine if I don't load the HOF mod, and the problem occurs even if I don't change any of the options and just immediately try to exit the options screen.) Any thoughts or suggestions?

I'm trying the latest HOF with BTS and have a weird problem - once I go into the options screen, it won't close. Things don't freeze up - I can click option pages and checkboxes all day, but clicking exit doesn't exit and "esc," spacebar, and "enter" don't help. The only way out of the dialog seems to be alt-tab and kill the app. (The options screen works fine if I don't load the HOF mod, and the problem occurs even if I don't change any of the options and just immediately try to exit the options screen.) Any thoughts or suggestions?
You are using Vista? I think it is post 1142 in this thread that has the fix.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5740809&postcount=1142

The discusssion of this starts at post 1122.

dV

You probably need to update your Map Finder paths, etc. in the HOF Ini File.

Thanks, that seems to have solved it.

Thanks. By trying to modify the .ini myslef I discovered a permission issue - which looks like it's what they're referring to, and I can see how it could be the source of the problem. I have had a variety of annoying file permission issues with Vista...

All,

Does the current version of HOF for BtS work with 3.02?

I do not want to upgrade to 3.03 because of the combat graphic problem. I am not using this mod for HOF games but rather because I like the content it adds to the game.

Thx
jonpfl

With BTS, the grid, yield and resource button settings are supposed to be remembered from game to game. So that part of the HOF Mod is no longer necessary. Just use the buttons above the mini-map.
I don't have either Warlords or BTS, and 'saving yields and grids settings' vanished for me, too -- in fact these graphics features disappear even when I return to Civ after a Alt-tab escape. So, why not leave the feature active in 1.74 for vanilla Civ players? I don't want to upgrade to BTS just yet.

I am exploring what the various HOF options mean. Most are obvious, but for some I need to read more details. I found the mod page with its links to individual mods, but there are a few options where it's hard to guess which mod might have them -- in particular, where do I find out about "Graphics Options" on the HOF3 panel?

More generally, has anyone ever made a summary page relating the HOF options panels back to the mods they refer to?

I don't have either Warlords or BTS, and 'saving yields and grids settings' vanished for me, too -- in fact these graphics features disappear even when I return to Civ after a Alt-tab escape. So, why not leave the feature active in 1.74 for vanilla Civ players? I don't want to upgrade to BTS just yet.
Okay, you guys are wierding me out. I don't remember/think I touch those options in Vanilla or Warlords. Could I get a screenshot what you say is missing or disappears? :crazyeye:

If I don't set HOF 3 "Show Grid", the grid and resources disappear after return from alt-tab instead of retaining settings from before alt-tab (with 1.74 HOF mod). If I do set "Show Grid", then the grid shows up (of course) but the resources still disappear.

I don't know what kind of screen shot to send you that would help.
What I thought you were talking about was the the HOF 3 tab options for the grid and resources weren't there. Or, that the button above the minimap were disappearing. Your issue is somewhat different from the other report(s) where something was supposed to be missing.

I will make a note of the behaviour you describe, it could be a bug. What you are describing with the alt-tab could also be a video driver problem. You might want to update your drivers.

After installing the HOF-1.74.001 and following the steps below:

How to use
1 Start Civ4
2 Select "Advanced"
3 Select "Load a Mod"
4 Select "HOF-x.xx.xxx"
5 Click "OK"
6 Click "OK" on Message ask to restart game to load mod
7 Start new game as usual

I am getting stuck on number 4. The only mod choices are:

- none
- american revolution
- desert war
- greek world
- tutorial

I am using Civilization: gold edition using the default installation options. The version out of the box is 1.74.

I've tried the following when attempting to load the mod:

1. Using the CivIV menus after installing the mod onto my computer
2. Editing my civilizationiv.ini file to load the mod on start up to which it informs me:

---------------------------
Mod Error
Mods\HOF-1.74.001\ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring
OK

I would love to be able to play in the game of the month and would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

After installing the HOF-1.74.001 and following the steps below:

<snip>

I am getting stuck on number 4. The only mod choices are:

- none
- american revolution
- desert war
- greek world
- tutorial

I am using Civilization: gold edition using the default installation options. The version out of the box is 1.74.

<snip>

I would love to be able to play in the game of the month and would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
I think that the problem is with the install. It probably didn't install in the correct folder. Gold Edition has different Install paths and registry keys.

You can do one of two things:
  • Find where it installed the HOF Mod (probably "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods") and move it to the correct location (probably "C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\Mods")
  • Uninstall the HOF Mod through the control panel. And reinstall it in the correct location by overriding the default install location. You can browse for the correct location on the 3rd or 4th install/setup screen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom