Honestly, what do you do to have fun while having less and less access to entertainment via aging?

$ doesn't matter tho. The amount of time invested into it matters. I would try it next week.
I don't have the ability to improve QoL by spending too much $$, like going to resorts, since I'm still young and have around 40-50 years to accumulate capital to some point that I can do something meaningful, well, for humanity.
Although I hate charity organizations and actions in general due to hierarchical inefficiencies, my long-term aim is to have enough capital to adopt as many children as possible to improve their QoL.
:lol: Words are like slippery pigs. The part of my post you quoted and responded to was entirely about Path of Exile and its QoL, cost, and game success. But your broadening it to life in general is Ok too. :) If you are serious about trying the game out, let me know and I will help you learn it. :thumbsup:

"stuck in a futuristic mindset"
view on how the future moves depending on your mindset tho.
like your imagination pointed out x, y, z problems and made x, y, z solutions that have not yet implemented in real world.
and you expect x, y, z solutions exist in your future world. and you act and behave as if x, y, z solutions have implemented in real world without caring it's non-existent in current world.
i think it's stuck in futuristic mindset.
If you are serious about trying the game out, let me know and I will help you learn it. :thumbsup:
sure but I have to try it myself first to know the most basic concepts. it would waste your time if helping a beginner not knowing the basic concepts.

view on how the future moves depending on your mindset tho.
like your imagination pointed out x, y, z problems and made x, y, z solutions that have not yet implemented in real world.
and you expect x, y, z solutions exist in your future world. and you act and behave as if x, y, z solutions have implemented in real world without caring it's non-existent in current world.
i think it's stuck in futuristic mindset.
I might not have understood this correctly, but since it does mean something to me I will say the following:
If by the above you mean "in x amount of time from now, I will be able to be/do y", and treating the now as simply a period of time which has to pass until you reach that future period, then I certainly hope you have VERY good reason to anticipate such a change.
If not, it can be very dangerous, because you may dismiss your current life as one which doesn't matter (it hasn't yet reached that critical future time), and such can lead to all kinds of problems.

not entirely true but true enough for discussion purposes . When ı was 15 or so , Nostradamus had one of his repeated/cyclic periods of fame . The WW lll would start in 1989 , hence ı had no need to study for university . Might have actually been the case ... Years pass and am at a second hand book shop . A loser indeed . But overhear kids excitedly talking about a copy of a book , which ı had read back when ı was 15 . Was really passionate in telling them not to ruin anything .

"in x amount of time from now, I will be able to be/do y"
I probably can't do y in x amount of time since my prediction that it will come true around centuries later but I commit to that thought to keep my sanity and preserve my nature. I felt like it's more reasonable for the world to behave in that way.

If not, it can be very dangerous, because you may dismiss your current life as one which doesn't matter (it hasn't yet reached that critical future time), and such can lead to all kinds of problems.
It really can be. One of the concepts I valued is freedom of choice in education. In my high school years, I stood up against the teacher in one optional subject that the majority of class chose then regret 2 years later and said the following:
"You piece of *flowers* cannot force me to learn this stupid and absolutely worthless thing that brings no visible value in the near future. Your reason of the majority enforcing my way of life and my mindset worth absolutely nothing to me. You follow your stupid democratic values, I follow my superior individualistic value and laws given by the national assembly. I *flowers* on your mass and their *flowers* choices. I am going to listen to Queen's "Don't stop me now" in this class and you can do nothing to stop me with your *flowers* reasons and authority."
I would advise other people not to do this in real life because I was kind of a reckless person. I wouldn't do it now since there exists no visible situation similar to that in the near future.
But it was a gorgeous moment in my sense.

not entirely true but true enough for discussion purposes . When ı was 15 or so , Nostradamus had one of his repeated/cyclic periods of fame . The WW lll would start in 1989 , hence ı had no need to study for university .
False. If WW3 happened in 1989, you should have studied for university.
Educated people are worth more than uneducated ones in the politicians' view, given you have the same wealth background.
Hence, it's more likely to see you get drafted into some militaristic departments depending on your analytical skills than others with the same background as you but uneducated. Like 0.000...0001%.
It is also easier for you to run away from your country if war happens since the other side wants you more than the people with the same background as you but uneducated.
But if it's going to be a war, I would learn to be a language teacher of the potential aggressor and store one third of my asset into the potential aggressor country or a neutral one. English-knowing people in Iraq made a fortune back then.

Years pass and am at a second hand book shop . A loser indeed .
Second hand book shop isn't a loser. As long as you can contribute to the economy somehow, you are not a loser.
You actually achieved my life goal if owning a second-hand book shop.

It didn't save the download progress ;-;
1658401995750.png

1986 would be when ı was 15 . Had other issues , including one of expecting that the future would offer nothing to me . Nostradamus , had ı been a (proper) believer , could have bolstered the feeling and ruined my life , even worse than the one ı have now . Even if had ı been without the depressions and those fancy stuff might to become an engineer ... And got myself killed or something by now . Time passes , troubles ease and you end up regretting the opportunities lost . Time passes , never comes back in full . Was a customer at that second hand book shop , loser from head to toe . People usually can't stop laughing at me but ı remember those kids being impressed with what ı was telling them .

r16 the shrink is a superb guy because his cases come with an incredible commitment to do good . You can hardly be helped before deciding that you will .

ignoring the thing above for the duration , let us have a new point . Assume you are going to inherit a lot of money when , say , you are 25 . Or some elderly relative will die . But he/she turns out to be a specimen and lives up to 100 . And you end up as a Prince Charles . Or you curse him/her and are discovered and the will is replaced and you end up a pauper for real .

time passes , you end up 50 and wake up every morning checking if anything on your body hurts for whatever reason . Save some of the gloom for later years , it is not always a straight line down to hell .

and lucky you that Vietnam or whatever is a rather mature state or whatever these days . Like preparing to get invaded ? That way ? A few of my weird pals online saw the killing fields of Cambodia as guests of Hanoi , to act as a neutral party in the quite involved troubles between China , Soviets and America with stuff . Not becoming or something ...

Was a customer at that second hand book shop , loser from head to toe . People usually can't stop laughing at me
i got the lowest prize in national informatics olympiad and people around me can't stop laughing at me. that's how I have ptsd in competition.
there were a person gotten himself into top 42 people in national mathematics olympiad then failed to get into top 6 and people laughing at him comparing him to my brother which drove him into serious madness and currently unable to study anymore. luckily his parents are rich tho.
people just laugh at others.
regretting the opportunities lost
i alr lost quite a lot of opportunities. my brother told me to stop thinking about the past and keep moving forward, choosing the best action. he must be true since he's smarter than me in every way. like a superior human being comparing to me.
the first time he shaped my life is when he came back from Hanoi, ended up redesigning every aspect of my learning process, leading to the result that I got into specialized high school for the gifted in my province.
the second time is that his words made me to start empirically investigating the cause of my failures, one of a big factor changing my life.
i understand that not everyone has someone they consider extremely great that is close to them, to guide and show them a better way to play life but there really always exists a way to improve someone's current situation.

whatever the problem I faced and failed. its reasons should be one of the following or all of them:
- my cognitive level is not good enough. therefore, I cannot see the solution.
- I didn't asked for those who have a good enough cognitive level or have the ability to solve my problems that is willing to solve it with a kind heart. therefore, I cannot receive the possible solution.
- I didn't handle risk well enough while heading for the highest expectation. or even worse, I headed into negative expectation.
- I am lazy and my productivity is low.

Or you curse him/her and are discovered and the will is replaced and you end up a pauper for real .
would very well be my fault. i must have been an unworthy person.
would have been a hard time to choose either exchange my organ for money to venture investment <=> trade life expectancy for a chance to shrine or just live a normal life.
if you are gonna be inherited a lot of money, you should have plan for investment right?

time passes , you end up 50 and wake up every morning checking if anything on your body hurts for whatever reason . Save some of the gloom for later years , it is not always a straight line down to hell .
it would be very sad. but the option to either grasp fire or got burnt by fire is still there. given you have lived a normal life, the wealth you accumulate still enough for you to make a decision that change your life into either better or worse.

Like preparing to get invaded ?
there exists a lot of rich people here who diversified their assets into other countries. or dual nationality. you never know if when crap hit the fan and everything went to oblivion. sri lanka nowadays is an example.
that's also how bonds are extremely important in investment.

well , indeed it might be beyond catchy phrases from a gaming forum , this whatever thing you need . But like there is no way you will be grinding your teeth over the one and the half million people who like died under your watch or whatever . So , you are in some environment where being a tiger or whatever is expected ? How about lowering the expectations ? As long as you are not really wasting stuff , families are supportive beyond belief , even beyond you might imagine . Did they throw you out as soon as you turned 18 ? Do you really need to be the next Elon Musk ? Or whomever is the biggest copy of him Vietnam ? Do you really need to make a billion dollars or so at the age of 30 ?

ı didn't design the next F-14 , as long as the leading intelligence services of the world can tell . Nor the next F-15 either . Don't like looking at the mirror even . Damned stupid Angmar got into a war with Gondor in the Civ lll scenario ı am playing right now . Hundreds of those units will die , when ı could crush them myself in the 170 turns remaining . Finding reasons for gloom is easy . Finding reasons for no gloom is difficult . But time passes , and you will one day discover yourself wondering at your self inflicted stuff , because ı personally was there . Make no damage if you can't fix ; deciding that you will never do (whatever) because of (real or imagined) deficiences easily leads to making damage .

This is definitely depression, possibly but possibly not downstream from some other condition.

I was most like you around age 21 and 26 or so. I was not at all unhappy so I didn’t recognize it.

You 100% need to exercise and the harder that is and the way that is hard, after sticking with it for a bit, will tell you what’s really going on (whether you’re straight depressed or there’s some stuff making you live as though you are depressed).

If you like music start going to shows.

Watch some YouTube videos about working out and goto gym & start a simple routine. I'm so cranky until I have my workout for the day.

The human body can't be healthy without movement & the more time you spend online the less you'll get.

Also social media (including this site) should be used in extreme moderation.

This is not real socializing and will make your social skills worse. Also no one here can really help you in day to day affairs (no one from an internet forum can help me move a couch, entertain my child, sit on the porch and have a toke w me) but making friends is hard (especially w everyone else more disassociated than ever)

Seek less for distraction and more for skill building. I'm a bit of a hypocrite as I'm distracted rn.

Top Bottom