How a software company should treat their customers...

MaxCiv

Warlord
Both Firaxis & Take2 should learn from Stardock how to support a game and how to treat PAYING CUSTOMERS.

Beside the fact that Stardock didn't include any annoying CD copy protection in GC2, they are constantly in touch with their community giving information on upcoming updates:

http://forums.galciv2.com/?ForumID=161&AID=111075

and they offer MULTPLE beta patches before they release the final version:

http://forums.galciv2.com/?ForumID=164&AID=111861

I wish I could say the same about F/T2 support. I bought both Civ4 and GC2, but I can tell you now that I WON'T buy Warlords.

ok fine then don't buy warlords, but do you have to annoy the rest of us here?

I can agree on this subject. A lot of games I play are from companies that have a forum for their fans and actually listens to them.

Paradox Entertainment who's behind one of my favorite games (Hearts of Iron and Europa Universalis) has a forum. The guys who made the Halo games also has a forum/community. The games are going to be better if you listen to those who play the games.

I have nothing against Firaxis though. They are developing good games, and copy protection is something that you'll see more companies adding to their games.

It´s true that their customer support is much better, but saying it here won´t help one bit, in fact you´ll get flamed... And buy Warlods, I think it would be a pretty good expansion...

They don't have to give us patches but they do. Please stop whining.:crazyeye:

Paradox forums are superb being a Victoria addict myself.

MaxCiv said:
Both Firaxis & Take2 should learn from Stardock how to support a game and how to treat PAYING CUSTOMERS.

Beside the fact that Stardock didn't include any annoying CD copy protection in GC2, they are constantly in touch with their community giving information on upcoming updates:

I wish I could say the same about F/T2 support. I bought both Civ4 and GC2, but I can tell you now that I WON'T buy Warlords.

Just what WHY were you trying to copy? hmmmmm Where's John Ashcroft when you need him?

Nice whine for your first post. Chill out and nuke some civ's, you'll feel better.

shivute said:

They do when they ship a product that i broken out of the box!

Crighton said:
Just what WHY were you trying to copy? hmmmmm Where's John Ashcroft when you need him?

Nice whine for your first post. Chill out and nuke some civ's, you'll feel better.

It's not a matter of making backup copies (which I'm legally allowed to BTW). It's annoying when 3 out of 5 times I start the game the CD is not recognized and it's even more annoying having to carry around the CD if I want to play on my laptop.

Lord Olleus said:
ok fine then don't buy warlords, but do you have to annoy the rest of us here?

If you find my post so annoying you could have just ignored it and moved on.

This is annoying. This is probably the THIRD thread in as many days about the topic. There should be a separate thread where people can just whine like crazy as much as they want. I have to agree with Crighton, go take it out on Monty and you'll be back to happy pretty quick. It works for me.

MaxCiv said:

You might not buy it initially but I bet you do eventually ;)

shivute said:

I think youll find that they do.

If they refused to patch CIV3, NOBODY would have considered buying Civ4.

Nobody releases bug-free games - but everyone knows patches will come along.

If producers didn't produce patches, they would be out of buisness real quick!

It's ok, I was expecting the fanboys to rush to the rescue

You´re either brave or have a death wish :p

petertr2000 said:
I think youll find that they do.

If they refused to patch CIV3, NOBODY would have considered buying Civ4.

Nobody releases bug-free games - but everyone knows patches will come along.

If producers didn't produce patches, they would be out of buisness real quick!

Good point but they still don't have to give us patches. I don't remember seeing any legal documentation about it when buying the game.
There was no "We solumnly swear to produce numerous patches for this game" on the front of my box.

As to they would go out of business? I don't agree - games are playable when released. The 1st patch tends to fix the worst of any bugs and future patches fix obscure bugs and improve the game. Therefore thay could get away with this by only creating the 1st patch.

They are creating customer loyalty by supplying patches and make it more likely for us punters to buy a civ 5. However thay can't create free patches to the detriment of projects that will generate sales such as Warlords. Otherwise they would go out of business.

MaxCiv said:
If you find my post so annoying you could have just ignored it and moved on.

Well then: if you find Take2 and Firaxis customer support so annoying, you could have just ignored Civ4 and moved on.

Like it ? :lol:

Of course they don't have to release patches!

All they have to do is release perfect software.

shivute said:

if a game company did not support its product after release I'd never buy their product...

its in their best intrests to make and support a good game to prolong its life and increase future sales...

An example of a bad game is Vampire Bloodlines... the company that made it was known for two things... They were known to make great RPG's but they were also known to release buggy games... so when vampire came out buggy as heck the company litterally went under... they didn't make many sales because of their history and when people found out the game was buggy they dropped any ideas of buying it...

onedreamer said:
Well then: if you find Take2 and Firaxis customer support so annoying, you could have just ignored Civ4 and moved on.

Like it ? :lol:

Unfortunately I only found out all the problems and poor support AFTER I spent $50. If I could have brought the game back for a refund I would have. Instead now I'm waiting for a "phantom" patch that supposely has been ready since january, but untested by QA becasue T2 obviously dedicated resources to new titles (they already got my and your money for Civ4 so it's no more a priority for them).

P.S.
Da un torinese mi aspetterei una battuta migliore ;)

Top Bottom