How do you identify CFC'ers?

Well?

Votes: 49 58.3%
  • Username

Votes: 35 41.7%

• Total voters

Godwynn

March to the Sea
When I read a user's post, I tell who wrote it by their avatar. Not a very good way to identify one since it changes, and when it does, I get thrown all off track. So when you all read a post, do you know who wrote it by their username or their avatar?

If you go by the avatar, remember which users used these? (Or something close to it) [Sorry if I did not choose your avatar, these are the three I remember best]

In OT, I do it by the username. In the civ section, I do it by avatar.

a sort of combination of both, For instance numerous OTers never or rarely change their avatars so I dont have to bother with looking as they are very reconisable,

I always go by avatars, and it throws me off track when someone who's had the same avatar for a long time changes theirs.

The bottom image was newfangle's avatar, right?

I rely on avatars and when regulars change theirs I get confused. But maybe it's my rush to senility that is the problem.

Bacon King said:
The bottom image was newfangle's avatar, right?

One down, two to go.

Good job! :thumbsup:

Godwynn said:
If you go by the avatar, remember which users used these?
Al Bundy = rmsharpe
worker type thing = newfangle
hayek = luiz or a fellow south american `libertarian`?

pboily said:
Al Bundy = rmsharpe

You sir have a wonderful memory. Don't lose your mind, it will come in handy when trying to remember those anniversaries and birthdays. :p

pboily said:
Why, I even remember your former Lady Liberty avatar, I think.

Unless that was somebody else.

The one I have now? Or the one with the American flag with it?

Avatars. It always trips me up when somebody changes avatars, or when two different people at two different forums I frequent use the same avatar.

I always recognize people by their avatar, since its easier to do by a glance. If someone has a different avatar or the same avatar as someone else, the content of the post will usally raise some flags so I look at the user name to be sure.

Godwynn said:
The one I have now? Or the one with the American flag with it?

The picture with a superimposed American flag. Though I must say I find the stylized version better.

pboily said:
The picture with a superimposed American flag. Though I must say I find the stylized version better.

Do you remember my first custom avatar? Hell, even I don't.

Memory is a funny thing. I remember useless avatar crap but I lock myself out of my office at least twice a week.

pboily said:
Al Bundy = rmsharpe
I just couldn't remember the second one (not Newfangle's, but Hayek, the second picture). I think I wasn't active when luiz used it, because I always remember him having a Rasputin avatar.

I use the avatar for quick recognition (since a general image is easier to recognize than a word or name). If I see an unfamiliar avatar, I'm forced to actually read the name (as opposed to unconsciously reading it when I see the familiar avatar).

By avatar of course.

I'm hoping that I won't change my avatar. (You never know, I could get reallt bored one day.)

I remember the old avatar newfangle had with his marijuana leaf and all those rainbow colors. :D

Wow, I haven't even been here that long, and when I saw the picture of Al Bundy, I thought to myself: it was probably rmsharpe :cool: .

Oh, I go by avatars.

Top Bottom