How is your EU3 Game going?

@bonefang - Mod? Oh, the text? That was a component of a mod I don't actually use, but I liked the text, so I kept it. Name was.... "Aut Caesar Aut Nihil" if I remember correctly. Sounds right.

Your Spain game is starting well. I am going to assume you don't happen to have cores on your new territory? Make sure to try and unite Iberia pretty quick, as Portugal will colonize and forming Spain with Barcelona is just a good move overall.

"Either Caesar or Nothing"
Nice name for a mod :p

What mod is that?

It's something I made, not exactly a mod as the core gameplay is exactly the same, the only changes I made were graphical, I imported some things from DAO and others from Death in Taxes yet the game plays the same as vanilla. :)

I wouldn't mind sharing it if you're interested, it's only 360 Mb :p

The conquest of Stockholm:
Spoiler :
Beating Sweden was easy, beating England was impossible:

Fortunately enough I was able to pay the English off, it was either that or losing bits of Scotland, I was no chance against their armies and even less against their navy:

I'm pretty sure the answer is no however is there some way to get a definitive peace treaty with any of the Hordes? I've been playing as Poland and I think in hindsight I may have been better off not diplo annexing Moldovia as since then I think I've had about two years of peace and the game thinks I'm in my 15th war with the Golden Horde.

@uat2d, Are you planning on conquering Denmark next? In my game Sweden formed Scandinavia and celebrated by conquering Georgia.

@uat2d, Are you planning on conquering Denmark next? In my game Sweden formed Scandinavia and celebrated by conquering Georgia.

First I'll do my mission to vassalize Sweden, that way I'll lose some infamy and perhaps get a mission that will help me against Denmark.

Spoiler :
Ok so I declared war on Sweden knowing that they'd bring England along and therefore only left 6k troops to take Lapland and 24k troops in Scotland to take on the English while their forces where fighting some war in the Mediterranean.

Sweden fell quite easily but unfortunately Denmark joined on the enemy side, I just couldn't raise enough troops on the mainland to face them and couldn't ferry those in Scotland back because I was being blockaded.

However England, the war leader, was up for grabs and I just had to take advantage of the situation and take them down a notch.

It had to be done, otherwise I would have never got good peace terms with the English and it was racking up my war exhaustion. Don't worry, I have cores on those.

To be continued..

I'm pretty sure the answer is no however is there some way to get a definitive peace treaty with any of the Hordes? I've been playing as Poland and I think in hindsight I may have been better off not diplo annexing Moldovia as since then I think I've had about two years of peace and the game thinks I'm in my 15th war with the Golden Horde.

If you are paying the Hordes tribute, then you will remain at peace until either one of you decides it's worth the stabhit to re-declare, or until you go bankrupt. It'll probably cost a pretty penny, but hey, you'll get peace.

The only other way is to stop bordering them.

I think I will have to restart the game from an earlier age. My infamy is 61 !! Everyone hates me. Excommunicated from the church & there are revolts all around.

I however control Algiers, Morocco, Tripoli, Shawnee and Huron.

If you are paying the Hordes tribute, then you will remain at peace until either one of you decides it's worth the stabhit to re-declare, or until you go bankrupt. It'll probably cost a pretty penny, but hey, you'll get peace.

The only other way is to stop bordering them.

Okay I guess I'm colonising everything then. :)

The only downside is that I'm in a personal union with Lithuania and I don't think I can inherit them whilst we are at "war".

I find the AI is never particularly good with nations like England/Britain. In my games so far they take random provinces in central Europe but then can't defend them against Spain/France.

Okay I guess I'm colonising everything then. :)

The only downside is that I'm in a personal union with Lithuania and I don't think I can inherit them whilst we are at "war".

Nope, wars against hordes don't actually count as wars, you can still inherit.

Spoiler :
Payback time for Denmark! Unfortunately they were too big to vassalize:

Also England got hit hard, they no longer have a navy and their military was outnumbered by mine:

Since kicking them hard would be too infamous, I'll just wait for my infamy to burn down:

Ulster defected and my infamy is coming down:

Peaceful vassalisation of Wales:

I got the mission to subjugate Denmark:

Ahahaha, the Vikings shall rise again!

I like how it says Once in a lifetime opportunity.
Because, y'know, some people click that option every month.

Yup, I had to try a couple of times and to constantly bribe them to get them back at >190 relations. The ducats and the diplomats will be worth it when I unify the British isles as Norway :D

Now, for a colonial Norway:

Spoiler :
With government tech 17 I chose Quest for the New World and swapped Bureaucracy for Colonial Ventures:

Without stability and running massive deficits even while cutting all costs (not funding my troops properly and quite below the forcelimits, not using missionaries, hardly building anything), I steal from the natives and get very lucky with events:

Even so, hardly making any money:

Not exactly a lot of gold but it will help in funding New Norway:

The annexation of Denmark, in 50 years Sjaelland will core and I'll be able to form Scandinavia:

Now here's a good mission for overexpanding in the new world:

And the first city is formed:

I'm was expecting fiercer competition for the new world because of how late I started colonising.. I'll try to do my thing of getting a monopoly there, it's just so awesome to own all of the Americas!

1. Isn't Folke Bolt the miscmods leader of iceland?

I have no idea. I've played Miscmods but didn't like it, they constantly give you cores with the "province integrated" even and it's very easy to never get any war exhaustion because of the buffed national ideas like Unam Sanctum.

2.Colonize Vinland!

I'm much more focused on the Caribbean where the Castilians would already have a couple of cities if I wasn't spamming spies and inciting the natives against them. Don't worry though, I intend to own everything. :D

Spoiler :
More gold is always needed:

Ahaha, I love republics:

Slowly but surely the entirety of the British isles will be mine:

Surprisingly enough, Brazil was still empty even though Castile has Cape Verde cored. They're trying for the Caribbean and Africa, and while I don't care for Africa, all of America shall belong to me:

Colonial range and advisers:

Damn, all that gold will come in handy though I don't know how I feel about the -5% tax for 20 years:

While I can't actually go up against Castile as they have over 90k troops and a strong navy whereas I have some 50k poorly funded and only some 16 big ships, I changed Military Drill for Espionage and had great success in making sure all their colonies failed whilst settling them immediately afterwards and killing any aggressive natives.

However, I will not allow the English to settle in Cape Breton and East Newfoundland:

To be continued..

That is by far the best one I've seen this year

You lot are incorrigible. :)

Top Bottom