1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How is your EU3 Game going?

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by TheLastOne36, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

Here's from my previous game.

Spoiler :

I could still expand more, but I already hade achieved my goal of getting the land of the Roman empire.

Spoiler :

I was able to pass all reforms without having to release countries or fighting against hordes. It seems to me that converting to protestant is the better path to getting authority (granted you have to vassalise or convert the electors in time).

Also, horrible Asia:

Spoiler :

Oman is number 2 or 3 in technology.

2. uat2d

uat2d ಠ_ಠ

Norway 1570:

Spoiler :
    In 10 years I'll become Scandinavia!

Norwegian North America:

Norwegian South America:

Rising inflation otherwise I'd go bankrupt:

Underfunded military to pay for the colonial maintenance:

Sliders, NIs and England:

Advisers:

Sorry for the recent inactivity, you know how real life can be :p

3. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

Uat2d, how about not having so many colonies?

For the first time since my very first EU3 game I have played until the end date:

Spoiler :

4. uat2d

uat2d ಠ_ಠ

I can't, it must be in my Portuguese blood, all those sweet sweet colonies, I must have them all! :lol:

Spoiler :

Once I get peace with the Incas, I'll become Scandinavia! :)

All that dosh! Thanks! :goodjob:

:D

5. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

Nice Manchurian Empire! Did you westernize?

Is there a way to request 2500 gold in the peace terms without clicking the "up" arrow 100 times?

6. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

Thanks, I ended up westernising all the way in terms of technology, though very late. My last monarch with administration of 7 died about a year before I could modernise the military, so I'm only at muslim units.

7. uat2d

uat2d ಠ_ಠ

Right click, it goes up 100 gold at a time instead of 25 gold. :p

8. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

I played on a bit further. Lithuania still don't want to be part of Russia Poland. Do you all ignore infamy later on as so far I'm trying to stay below the threshold which is going to be difficult if the aim is to conquer most of China or India. Tempted to go to war with Austria again just so that I can either force convert them or force them to release a few nations as recently they attacked poor little Ulm (I gave them war subsidies, not sure if it helped). Last time I went to war with them because they were picking on Milan.

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

9. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

Thanks, that's quite a bit better.

Cool. Looks like the slow westernization didn't prove to be any problem with as big of a country as you have.

I tried ignoring infamy late in one game. It was a Bad Idea. Going over it just slightly is annoying - revolts, some nuisance events, etc., but if you're only just over, it won't be the end of times. However, if you ignore it completely and go way over, you'll lots of very bad events that not only are a big pain internally, but often prevent you from launching external wars as well. I won't spoil it all though, if you want to find out for yourself, go ahead...

But when I did it, I found it not to be worth it. As one of the tips says, going over the infamy limit is bad. Don't say they didn't warn you!

10. uat2d

uat2d ಠ_ಠ

Consolidating Scandinavia:

Spoiler :

11. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

What are you doing in Russia!!! LOOKS UGLY!

(Otherwise excellent game, looking as such at least! Why haven't you parted France yet?)

12. Blue Emu

Blue Emu GroFAZ

I'm still almost a Noob at EU-3. Playing DW 5.1

As the Timurids, I've managed to form the Mughals. I'll spend the next few decades consolidating my cores in India, of course... but after that, I'm not sure which way to go. East, towards Ming? West, towards the Nile or the Balkans? North, towards the Golden Horde and Russia?

13. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

In every direction

I think China might be a good choice because of their rich provinces and manpower.

14. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight Conquistador

Playing MiscMods, Shattered Europe (I LOVE this scenario).

Nation is Denmark. Fulfilled my mission to conquer the useless Osel, reconquered cores in Gotland and Slesvig, and stole a couple provinces from Sweden when they foolishly declared war thinking I was busy with Estonia. Vassals are 1PM Holstein and Pagan Estonia, allies are Novgorod (horde buffer!), Pommerania, and England.

It's only 1415, but I've now had this mission to control a CoT since taking Osel, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to accomplish it. Last time I tried this, I used my foothold in the Baltic to collapse Novgorod and take that CoT, but then I ended up bordering Qasim Khanate and got my butt kicked, lost Novgorod, and got the stupid mission again. So, I'm not excited to try that again, but taking Lubeck is a little daunting, plus I hate having unauthorized Imperial provinces...

15. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

The only other option is to make your own CoT with 500 gold on a core province affected by your national focus.

16. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Does anyone have any idea what would have possessed the Austrian Infantrymen in my Palatinate game?

Date is 1564. Thanks to a war where Switzerland, an Austrian ally, attacked my vassal for a province (and wouldn't even accept the immediate surrender of the province), I found myself at war with Austria, who had conquered most of the historical Austrian Empire, plus a foray into the steppes. They sent an army of 19,000 which proceeded to assault two forts in Bavaria, then, at about 3/4 morale, annihilate a similar-sized army of my own with a better general. Reloading and playing as Austria produced similar results: the Austrian armies were completely unbeatable by anyone, unless vastly outnumbered!

I have no idea why that is. Their discipline is 108% (compared to 98% for the Palatinate), they use the same units (Free Shooters and Latin Knights), and their base morale is the same. It feels like I'm forgetting something, but I don't know what. :(

I guess I'll just go back to waiting for EUIV. It's a shame, too, since I was ~51 years from forming Germany.

17. uat2d

uat2d ಠ_ಠ

What's their morale and what's your morale?

18. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I didn't look too long at the exact numbers, but both have three stars.

I would upload a save, but 19 mb exceeds the forum limit by quite a bit. :p

19. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

A screenshot might do the job well enough. :)

20. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Got lucky nations on? Sounds like Austria is lucky, so their generals have really good shock values.
    You can use 7 zip for saves, it compresses them down to under 1 MB.