How is your Victoria Game going?

Playing the game is the only way you will learn it, there aren't any 'tutorials' besides the ingame one.. and you could read a aar that may help you. Play Belgium, or France, they are both good beginner nations.

Play Belgium first, because you won't have to manage a large nation. Just make sure you build up the strongest army you possibly can and maintain it, because the Dutch tend to call on you quickly and often. I suggest forming an alliance with Britain (and possibly France) on day one so when you auto-GP about a year into the game they can help you because the Dutch will invade you to reform the United Kingdom of the Netherlands. It's completely winnable on your own, but signing an early alliance with France also makes them less likely to nom on you.

France is not too hard to play for a big nation because it is fairly centralized, (I.E no far flung colonies), it has a good industrial base, and a good army.

Well at least as France you get to fight Prussia and find out if you know how to beat a strong AI. :p

Don't mention Prussia! :p

Honestly I hate playing France, Prussian armies are so powerful and even when I outnumber them they kill thousands while I kill hundreds :(.. I stick to good ole Prussia, Deutschland Uber Alles!

Once you understand SoI's then Prussia is just about the easiest power in Europe because they have unique decisions to boost their army quality, though arguably the UK is easier once you know how to manage an empire because it's easy to remain #1.

Playing as the UK on Vicky 2? What's the point in that?
It's just about the only nation that can successfully do a world conquest. The UK would be much better if diplomacy and colonialism were more realistic, because then you would actually be forced to actively manage the empire and maintain the balance of power. Regardless, you could have just read my question in context and you'd see what I was saying, I'm talking about an easy nation to play.

On normal and with some time to spare while playing APD which is the only thing I play. :p

I still cannot do any MP until I have better internet (eg less than 1000 ping-i hate satellite internet)

How about Madagascar? No, too many people. Same with Hawaii.

The Ionian Islands, there's a good challenge. :)

Should have valued uncivilized more than population. All right, Bhutan. That should be sufficiently badong to prevent a victory.

Hey, I thought we were talking about a world conquest, I read through that and it isn't a world conquest! They are only a major power for a couple years too!

Dude, the way you talk, it's like what he did isn't a massive achievement!

World power as the Aegean islands? Why don't you try it? :lol:

Top Bottom