How many US states have you been to?

How many US states have you been to?

• Total voters

Fetus4188

Deity
How many US states have you been to? It seems everyone this forum knows so much about America and what it should be doing. But how much of the country have you actually seen?

Here's a map if you need help counting

/edit: 2-5 should be 2-4, sorry for any confusion

My home states of New York and Massachusetts. Considerable (a month or so a year) time spent in Colorado, Utah, North Carolina and Maryland, and significant time in Connecticut, Maine, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Florida (not just the touristy bits) and Pennsylvania. Spent at least a couple weeks in California, Georgia, South Carolina, Ohio, Michigan, and Texas. Spent at least a night in almost all the contiguous 48.

I counted having visited 26 but I may have missed some, I am mainly missing chunks of the Great Plains, Alaska, and the western portion of the Great Lakes.

/edit: complete (I think) list: CA, OR, WA, NV, AZ, ID, MT, WY, UT, TX, CO, NM, HI, GA, FL, VT, MD, PA, NY, NJ, NH, ME, VA, MA, RI, CT. I think I may have been to West Virginia and Delaware but I'm not sure. I have also been in Chicago's airport terminal on several occasions, but I don't think that counts as visiting Illinois.

I've only been to the states that share a border with Québec (New York, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine).
My job took me in the US on several occasions.
I went to the beach near Champlain lake in New York numerous times.
I went skiing in New York, Vermont and Maine on various occasions.
I once got lost and ended up in New Hampshire!

I know for certain that I have been to the following. I believe it is 33 or 34. I am also uncertain as to if I have been to West Virgina, Michigan, and Arizona. I left them blank just in case.

Attachments

• us.jpg
    us.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 273
4-- North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan-- in one day in the year 1994, driving from Winnipeg to Sault Ste. Marie. All I remember is that North Dakota has a giant fibreglass statue of Hiawatha.

Home State Alabama. Then Florida (Worked there once, twice..ect), Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana (Worked there once), Arkansas, Kansas (Lived there once), Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas.

5: New York, Michigan, Californina, Hawaii, Florida

I've been to all the east coast states (New Hampshire to Florida) except Georgia and Maine. I've also been to Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Texas. Some were just drive through.

Taliesin said:
4-- North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan-- in one day in the year 1994, driving from Winnipeg to Sault Ste. Marie. All I remember is that North Dakota has a giant fibreglass statue of Hiawatha.

A Giant fiberglass statue of Hiawatha? :D

Are you sure it wasn't Sakakajawea?
Don't know if we actualy have one of Sakakajawea but I know we've got several bronze ones of Sakakajawea, but I'm not exactly sure why we'd have one of Hiawatha. Don't think he was ever in the Neigborhood of the North side of Dakota.

On another note, they're's also a Gigantic fiber glass statue of a Cow and a Bison, both on I-94.

I've been to 21 appently including the entire continental United States west of the Dakota's. Had never really realized that until now. Quite proud of myself.

California, Hawaii, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New York, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

I left out Arizona, though, since that was at the Hoover Dam, and I probably wasn't across state lines for more than 5 minutes.

Fetus4188 said:
How many US states have you been to? It seems everyone this forum knows so much about America and what it should be doing. But how much of the country have you actually seen?

Does being to more states contribute to your knowledge of what America should be doing? Over the summer my friends and I drove from California to Missouri for some White Castle burger, but I don't think we got smarter along the way. In fact, I think we got stupider from the boredom and the air.

Il, Mo, Ia, Ks, Co, Sd, Wy, Mt, Ar, Ok, Tx, Mn, In, Mi, Wi, Fl.

stratego said:
Does being to more states contribute to your knowledge of what America should be doing? Over the summer my friends and I drove from California to Missouri for some White Castle burger, but I don't think we got smarter along the way. In fact, I think we got stupider from the boredom and the air.
Well, in that case, you guys are just plain dumb, find something better to do with your time :p

Fetus4188 said:
Well, in that case, you guys are just plain dumb, find something better to do with your time :p

It took us longer to drive back than to drive there, so the point is we didn't get more knowledgeable by visiting more states, we got dumber.

Been to over 30. Lived in 5 of them (Ohio, Michigan, Georgia, Alabama, Arizona).
Strangely, I've only skied in Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. Rest of my skiing time is in Europe, but I plan to do Japan this winter and New Zealand during their winter if I can get some time off this summer.

I've been to California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Oklahoma and Texas.

Top Bottom